My Miami Chalice

comycus

• SRC Member

Honestly i dun think i will pay $2k for that as i dun m not that fanatic over chalice. It takes a chalice fanatic lover to accept that price tag just like there r reefers who are willing to pay for aussie acans.

My chalice ate one of my blasto last week coz i placed it too near. I find them too aggressive for my liking.

My elegance dun even sting my blastos even though they are touching each other.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
Honestly i dun think i will pay $2k for that as i dun m not that fanatic over chalice. It takes a chalice fanatic lover to accept that price tag just like there r reefers who are willing to pay for aussie acans.

My chalice ate one of my blasto last week coz i placed it too near. I find them too aggressive for my liking.

My elegance dun even sting my blastos even though they are touching each other.

Even if i was crazy over chalice, my wallet cannot support the price tag! :mellow: Think of all the gems I can buy instead and populate my empty tank!

I thought elegance sting quite powerful too? I dare not put anything near mine...

• SRC Member
Even if i was crazy over chalice, my wallet cannot support the price tag! :mellow: Think of all the gems I can buy instead and populate my empty tank!

I thought elegance sting quite powerful too? I dare not put anything near mine...

If you think that way, which i guessed most pple are...means we are not chalice fanatics.

That's wat i tot too. I got one colony of blastos touching the tentacles, nothing damaging so far.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
If you think that way, which i guessed most pple are...means we are not chalice fanatics.

That's wat i tot too. I got one colony of blastos touching the tentacles, nothing damaging so far.

good to know! more places to put my future blastos! :)

haha yeah... definitely not a chalice fanatic by everyone's books....

If i'm coral crazy i'll pay 2K for the miami chalice no prob. But too bad i'm more fish crazy than coral crazy so i wont even pay 200 for tat small piece of chalice.

However compare it to the price pple are paying for rare fish, 2k for tat chalice is actually nothing.

If i'm coral crazy i'll pay 2K for the miami chalice no prob. But too bad i'm more fish crazy than coral crazy so i wont even pay 200 for tat small piece of chalice.

However compare it to the price pple are paying for rare fish, 2k for tat chalice is actually nothing.

I beg to differ. 2K for something that can be propagated via fragging is way overpriced. 2K for a rare fish that cannot be bred sounds more logical.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

I beg to differ. 2K for something that can be propagated via fragging is way overpriced. 2K for a rare fish that cannot be bred sounds more logical.

I share the same feeling and that's why i'm not coral crazy. Cos to me there's no such thing as rare coral as most or all corals can be propagated and fragged easily, so it's only rare for a short while and after tat u'll see them everywhere. Fishes are different, the rare ones remain rare forever because we cant breed them, well unless we can clone them!

As for me, i will not buy any rare fishes or coral above $200.

Those live stocks will die evently no matter how much care

& good conditions are given.

Why so pessimistic? Unless the fish or coral is new to the world, most rare animals are already being well researched and can be taken care of v well in captivity under the right conditions.

• SRC Member
Why so pessimistic? Unless the fish or coral is new to the world, most rare animals are already being well researched and can be taken care of v well in captivity under the right conditions.

Agreed. But some are not as hardy, and there are many factors involved to keeping marine, so buyer discretion is advised especially for expensive livestocks.

• SRC Member
How much would you pay for this? :eyebrow:

I would pay 2k but i'll have to plan an installment scheme... :paiseh::lol:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
wah bro, if i ever need to plan an installment scheme just to buy a coral, it just means i can't afford it. :angry2:

Its not just a coral its one that might never be in the market again unless frags are produced...I will one day pay the full amt after months of installment... :lol: Bearing in mind i'm a kid :rolleyes: ... still hav dreams for a C class sports merces and omega sea masters... :eyebrow: After all... I'll still have to set aside money for daily necessities... :rolleyes:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Its not just a coral its one that might never be in the market again unless frags are produced...I will one day pay the full amt after months of installment... :lol: Bearing in mind i'm a kid :rolleyes: ... still hav dreams for a C class sports merces and omega sea masters... :eyebrow: After all... I'll still have to set aside money for daily necessities... :rolleyes:

lol the definition of affordability varies individually. For now, we can only enjoy the pics bro :)

• SRC Member

ai ya 2k too much liao corals can frag de mah so dont throw in soo much

ya I also have huge dreams you think of mercs benzs I think of bugatti veryon watches no need la have big big tank can le :upsidedown::eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg