Tham64's Marine Diary Page

tham64

okok... may need to bring some stuff to KL in future.. haha.. just worried of the electrical taxes

If you have a lot of electrical items to bring back to KL by your own transport.... Please stick one piece of RM50 at your car deck lid there hahahaha :whistle :whistle

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow... you drill your tank?

and great scaping. looks fun :P

+1 totally agree!!!! :bow:

wow the last rock looks like some spaceship from star trek or something!

"2 opposing spaceships facing off in the deep blue ocean" theme maybe?

nice!! the rock scape on the right looks a little scary though.. you've ensure it will not topple?

First time in marine hobby, so will think about the cost first. This tank must need to easy maintain and decom also :D So I using the standard tank for my first tank... just drill the hole where I need. Only 2 big rocks in tank for me to plant in the SPS and montis. If coming future upgrade to a big tank will be easy to move in too. :thanks:

• SRC Member
First time in marine hobby, so will think about the cost first. This tank must need to easy maintain and decom also :D So I using the standard tank for my first tank... just drill the hole where I need. Only 2 big rocks in tank for me to plant in the SPS and montis. If coming future upgrade to a big tank will be easy to move in too. :thanks:

extremely well planned.. thumbs up to you bro!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

my tank was also drilled using diamond cutter, bro tham, must be careful when doing the pipings, make sure you drill enough holes for overflows.. and make sure don't leak, i've had quite a few headaches because of leakings.. :)

anyway bro tham, very nice scaping! foresee a nicely scaped tank filled with sps gems.. :lol: more updates!

my tank was also drilled using diamond cutter, bro tham, must be careful when doing the pipings, make sure you drill enough holes for overflows.. and make sure don't leak, i've had quite a few headaches because of leakings.. :)

anyway bro tham, very nice scaping! foresee a nicely scaped tank filled with sps gems.. :lol: more updates!

Thanks Bro Vincent, will updates all my steps and let all Bro/Sis here learn(care) from my mistake :pirate:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very nicely done DIY setup, scaping looks great too but is the foam reefsafe? And since theres no fish in the frag tank are u feeding the sps anything cos they need food too.

I keep SPS over a year... You are the only one tell me SPS need to feeding... Before 3 months ago, my frag tank only have 4 little fishes and no feeding for the SPS. All the SPS colour are very pale and never grow. Check with SPS guru here, they say they no feeding also...But why their SPS grow fast and colour like gem????

Right now my frag tank have 2 fox face, yellow tank, backframe angel, bicolour angel, tomini tank, beauty coral, six line wrasse and blenny. A day feeding 2 time for fish, after sps eating the fish poop and some chopped Mysis. This month all the sps colour coming back slowly and can see the branch growing too. Bro Soul, I really respected you and agreed with you, SPS really need to feed. :friends:

• SRC Member

I'm confused, so am i being bashed for suggesting sps need food or are u saying i am right lol? Anyway i'm happy your sps doing well. I dont know which brilliant sps guru told u sps doesnt need food ... maybe they meant no target feeding needed.

I'm confused, so am i being bashed for suggesting sps need food or are u saying i am right lol?

Your England no good la. Neber read his message clearly. Liddat misunderstandings can happen chew know? He said this in his last sentence "Bro Soul, I really respected you and agreed with you, SPS really need to feed."

yo bro... finally can see the reflector being used.... hahaha.... great to finally see a tank... catch up soon ya

Yo bo.... great to heard from you again.... Hope you start your tank and visit you soon. Contact me please when you tank ready. Cheer :friends: