Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member
clap clap!...u got that flame wrasse pair from RB....well done!...good choice...they are a beauty man....thumbs up :bow:

I cheonged down to RB after my medical appointment to check them out.... elvin say anytime I can view, he'd reserve. But I don't want them to reserve and miss out on any sale if end up the RARE occassion that I wouldn't want the fishy.. LOL ... so far that hasn't happened. :paiseh:

now, we're just waiting for our powder brown to EAT.... this morning wake up, I see him swimming in the top part of the tank... didn't hide at all the whole night.. maybe beta box in there 3 nights all on the top part of the tank.. he used to it.... haiz... his stomach now looks slightly sunkened in liow.. :( it's DAY 10 today .. and .. heaven knows ( cue in Rick price..) :cry2:

:shock:

desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

hope he feeds soon..Desi.

The agony of watching helplessly when your fish starve to death is no joke :(

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
hope he feeds soon..Desi.

The agony of watching helplessly when your fish starve to death is no joke :(

I know.. everytime my hamsters don't eat, I know got problem liow.. but hamsters still got VET and I can give them TLC.. FISH.. HOW?! Can't even hold the fish and force feed it with a syringe... alamak as I type this... the song : Last flight out plays on my itunes... :P EMO!!! can't wait till evening, cheong home and check...

Even bought red bamboo algae for him to eat thinking more natural than mysis, pellets, flakes, henry's gourmet and even seaweed... but.. NOTHING. :(

:blink:

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

I know.. everytime my hamsters don't eat, I know got problem liow.. but hamsters still got VET and I can give them TLC.. FISH.. HOW?! Can't even hold the fish and force feed it with a syringe... alamak as I type this... the song : Last flight out plays on my itunes... :P EMO!!! can't wait till evening, cheong home and check...

Even bought red bamboo algae for him to eat thinking more natural than mysis, pellets, flakes, henry's gourmet and even seaweed... but.. NOTHING. :(

Desi

Maybe that fish cannot get use to captivity. already suicidal ... hope I am wrong :(

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
I cheonged down to RB after my medical appointment to check them out.... elvin say anytime I can view, he'd reserve. But I don't want them to reserve and miss out on any sale if end up the RARE occassion that I wouldn't want the fishy.. LOL ... so far that hasn't happened. :paiseh:

now, we're just waiting for our powder brown to EAT.... this morning wake up, I see him swimming in the top part of the tank... didn't hide at all the whole night.. maybe beta box in there 3 nights all on the top part of the tank.. he used to it.... haiz... his stomach now looks slightly sunkened in liow.. :( it's DAY 10 today .. and .. heaven knows ( cue in Rick price..) :cry2:

:shock:

desi

yes...i can understand..when i brought home an anthias from RB...wasn't not feeding till next day...was quite worried also...so long they eat...means ok liao...now i got one dartfish hiding and seldom comes out...giving me some stress also...

probably have to entice yr brown tang with henry's gourmet...the one for herbivore formula...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Ahsiang, we tried everything liaoz... Henry's gourmet, flakes, pellets, nori and even Ketchup's gourmet! haha.. he is just not eating.. So sad.

this PBrT is one of the nicest specimen we seen so far and yet it's not eating... haiz.

• SRC Member
i dont think your tank's ready for sps.are the sps doing well?

Just put it in on sunday.. and only 1 frag to try .. :) we won't be going full into SPS until we manage to get my nitrates under control... anyway more of a LPS fishy tank so there won't be much SPS. :)

Crafts, I don't want carpet because firstly, I don't see anymore space on the sand to put it! AND .. most importantly of all, I don't want my expensive fish to become an expensive meal... LOL.... :P

:thanks:

;) Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Just put it in on sunday.. and only 1 frag to try .. :) we won't be going full into SPS until we manage to get my nitrates under control... anyway more of a LPS fishy tank so there won't be much SPS. :)

Crafts, I don't want carpet because firstly, I don't see anymore space on the sand to put it! AND .. most importantly of all, I don't want my expensive fish to become an expensive meal... LOL.... :P

:thanks:

;) Desi

I see... :) I thot you guys had already bought one... That was why I was wondering. Heh heh heh...

Desi

Last flight out? omg.

that's a really old song! I think that's when I was sec 2. haha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
Haiz... PBrT not looking good, i think he will not survive the next 2 days... if he don't start eating soon.... why why!

have u tried to feed live brine shrimp?

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

:( very sad.. The PBRT really looks bad.. :( the head and body seems to have leisons and it's totally not eating anything.. Day 10 and the stomach is sunken in already.

I turned off everything, threw in 2 mysis cubes and some henry's food mixed with garlic guard etc... and the food fell around him but he didn't even touch it.

I am thinking of removing him but I think if I move him to the sump and if I try to catch him with a net he may get even more stressed.. but leaving him in there, the fish don't really disturb him except the occasional chase by the PBT and YT...

there's nothing more we can do I suppose.. I personally give him another 24-48 hours tops.

sigh... sad...

:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

sob sob :(

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

:( very sad.. The PBRT really looks bad.. :( the head and body seems to have leisons and it's totally not eating anything.. Day 10 and the stomach is sunken in already.

I turned off everything, threw in 2 mysis cubes and some henry's food mixed with garlic guard etc... and the food fell around him but he didn't even touch it.

I am thinking of removing him but I think if I move him to the sump and if I try to catch him with a net he may get even more stressed.. but leaving him in there, the fish don't really disturb him except the occasional chase by the PBT and YT...

there's nothing more we can do I suppose.. I personally give him another 24-48 hours tops.

sigh... sad...

Desi

If it is not eating, den there is nothing much you can do since you fed everything you can find...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Haiz... PBrT not looking good, i think he will not survive the next 2 days... if he don't start eating soon.... why why!

Bro, just give yourself and desi a break from all these stress over PBT.

Sometime the reason couldnt be simple enough - it's the way the fish is collected. I can almost be sure that the fish is caught by cynid and has been quite severly poison when caught. Some fish managed to recover if the poisoning is mild. It's just a matter of luck, sadly in most cases.

You and desi have tried your best - move on and count on other happier things that you guys has been successful ya :)

Cheers !

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member

sigh... sad...

Desi

Hi Desi or Ketchup,

Juz to share that if you have a refugium, it might help alot more to introduce the new LS from there. That's how I got most of the new fishes including a hybrid PBT n Flame angels eating and getting used to the main tank water conditions. I can think of the reasons being that when new LS is introduced into the main tank, they're already stressed up by all the environment changes and if there are other established LS in the main tank that attacked them, for sure they'll have prob eating and sooner or later... "up the lorry lor"! Of cse the methods they're caught from the wild play an important role.

Juz sharing my experiences :paiseh:

• SRC Member

Thanks cedric, justin and terryz for the encouragement. Anyway, this is the last time i try PBrT already since already have a PBT in tank and doing well. Was hoping they both settle well and that's it for our livestock. Sometime things are just not meant to be.

Nitro, yeah, we did consider putting in Refrigum.. what we did is that since the PBrT was not feeding when we bought it (we knew it as it's from CF and they don't feed the fish as they mainly exports) so we quarantine in our QT for about 1 week. After 1 week, we decided to try and put in betta box to see if he may eat when we feed other fishes in main tank.. sadly no.

Actually, when he was released into the main tank, he was still quite ok. He was chased around a little by the PBT and the forever aggressive YT but he seems to hold up well... Ultimately, if he don't eat, really nothing much we can do... haiz..

Anyway, just keep our fingers crossed and see if miracle happens.

Thanks cedric, justin and terryz for the encouragement. Anyway, this is the last time i try PBrT already since already have a PBT in tank and doing well. Was hoping they both settle well and that's it for our livestock. Sometime things are just not meant to be.

Nitro, yeah, we did consider putting in Refrigum.. what we did is that since the PBrT was not feeding when we bought it (we knew it as it's from CF and they don't feed the fish as they mainly exports) so we quarantine in our QT for about 1 week. After 1 week, we decided to try and put in betta box to see if he may eat when we feed other fishes in main tank.. sadly no.

Actually, when he was released into the main tank, he was still quite ok. He was chased around a little by the PBT and the forever aggressive YT but he seems to hold up well... Ultimately, if he don't eat, really nothing much we can do... haiz..

Anyway, just keep our fingers crossed and see if miracle happens.

Hope so.. Think they do feed their fishes, but not a lot.. Actually you can try feeding it with bamboo in the QT first next time if you intend to try it again...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp