Earth's Reef

Earth

• SRC Member

Hey bro, how long it takes for the offspring to appear? Cool...

I got the mother from vtsnowman and i guess its with him fo a long time...

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro, your photos a bit purplish leh.

Try correcting your WB.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

bro, your photos a bit purplish leh.

Try correcting your WB.

eh.. i m using my nokia n86 :paiseh: i try to see if it can be done, don't really know about photography..

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

eh.. i m using my nokia n86 blushing.gif i try to see if it can be done, don't really know about photography..

oops... then I think cannot liao... :P

paiseh paiseh.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

oops... then I think cannot liao... :P

paiseh paiseh.

btw, any good digital camera to recommend? I don't want something bulky like the dslr but one that can take pics with quality close to those taken from a dslr? :ThanxSmiley:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

btw, any good digital camera to recommend? I don't want something bulky like the dslr but one that can take pics with quality close to those taken from a dslr? ThanxSmiley.gif

I am not sure about compact cameras and how good they are.

Most of the photos I have seen taken with them tend to have quite artificial contrast and oversaturated colour tone.

If you ask me, I would still advise you to get a DSLR. Slightly bigger but you can take much better shots.

Especially if you intend to have kids in future, then invest in a DSLR. Compact camera is not fast enough to take babies shot without bursting flashes at them.

But your call lah bro. your $$ :P .

I will let other bros chip in on the compact camera reccommendations.

• SRC Member

I went to courts and saw a olympus and panasonic, they look like dslr but are smaller in size.. the guy told me its a hybrid.. Are there such things? Price wise, they are more than 1k each.. I guess they are almost the same price as a dslr

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

How come your Gem tang become yellow? Your reef tank is beautiful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member

How come your Gem tang become yellow? Your reef tank is beautiful.

Bro, u 6 months never keep so fast rusty liao, cant id a tang properly :yahoo:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

I went to courts and saw a olympus and panasonic, they look like dslr but are smaller in size.. the guy told me its a hybrid.. Are there such things? Price wise, they are more than 1k each.. I guess they are almost the same price as a dslr

There are prosumers camera which are in between a dslr and compact camera.

Then there are a new breed of cameras which can allow you to perform manual settings on a compact camera.

i do not know how's the quality of the photos from these cameras. You are prob paying a premium for being an early adopter of advance technology.

Its probably http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusep2/

and http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicGF1/

Tried EP1, still prefer dslr. Unless you are using their default smaller sized lens, it will still be as bulky.

Why all the venom? Reefing is just a hobby, dude.

• Senior Reefer

canon SX 210 is fasntastic digital cam for use. it's being advertised on TV right now and my family just got one. it's quite good and the video function is very good as well.

• SRC Member

Thanks all for your valuable comments. I will assess the pros and cons, and hopefully the next time i update will have much better pics to show :idea:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank