Clam mantle changed color

Nic a Jon

• SRC Member

I bot a clam , mantle luminous green in color under normal daylight. Brought it home & place it in tank under T5 lights, color of mantle looked blue and purplish but when I looked from the top of the tank (plan view) it is luminous green. Why is that so? lighting effect? :huh:

Get Starfire glass! Extremely clear, distortion and green tint free, unlike ordinary float glass. You get very close to overhead viewing true-colours looking through Starfire glass.

Quite a few people have noted that they can see the difference between their ordinary glass and the starfire glass that I am using for my tank. :)

Worthwhile investment.

Get Starfire glass! Extremely clear, distortion and green tint free, unlike ordinary float glass. You get very close to overhead viewing true-colours looking through Starfire glass.

Quite a few people have noted that they can see the difference between their ordinary glass and the starfire glass that I am using for my tank. :)

Worthwhile investment.

money is the problem..

suppose I go rob some old ladies at the lift near my place..

reefers ask your old folks dun go out at nite esp after 11pm.

• SRC Member

Worthwhile investment.

indeed very clear... no wonder it cost so much...

• SRC Member

Worthwhile investment.

So if I have a Starfire glass, my side view of the clam will be same as top view? Hmmmm..relatively expensive :lol:

• SRC Member
3v|L,Dec 17 2003, 01:45 PM] Yo another alternative is to use Acrylic. Stronger and cheaper than starphire but prone to scratching ;)

I dunno about it being stronger than starphire glass but its definitely not cheaper than starphire glass. You don't use extruded acrylic to build tanks, cast acrylic sheets that thick will cost you all four of your limbs. :lol:

I dunno about it being stronger than starphire glass but its definitely not cheaper than starphire glass. You don't use extruded acrylic to build tanks, cast acrylic sheets that thick will cost you all four of your limbs. :lol:

ha..? correct info. bo.?

I saw this selling at the shop quite cheap.

if u do it big sheet also won't be veri X.

definitely fragile looking at it..

• SRC Member
Don bother with acrylic...I used to have a small acrylic tank which I dumped because it became very hazy with all the scratches... imagine you scrape off algae but instead leave marks on your tank!!.. EEKS!

I guess u used the wrong material to clean your tank :D

:off:

ORDed

back to studies and reefing again..