Terry's 3x3x2 Tank

Terryz_

Anyone know anyway to reduce the vibration sound from my pump.. It is super loud... Can hear even when my cabinet is closed... Think my dad will nag if he hears the sound...

bro,

what you can do, I dont know if you can rectify is to use styrofoam as the base for the pump to sit on or otherwise what i can also suggest is that you go to Sim Lim Square, go to those computer shops see if they got discarded foam box which were previously used to protect the new power supply or new mobos. Just need to find the right size and perhaps slot your pump in then tada, should work bah (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

bro,

what you can do, I dont know if you can rectify is to use styrofoam as the base for the pump to sit on or otherwise what i can also suggest is that you go to Sim Lim Square, go to those computer shops see if they got discarded foam box which were previously used to protect the new power supply or new mobos. Just need to find the right size and perhaps slot your pump in then tada, should work bah (:

It is on a styrofoam board liao... Maybe will go and source for anti-vibration pads...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

It is on a styrofoam board liao... Maybe will go and source for anti-vibration pads...

Did you try using sponge?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

You could use mouse pad if you happen to have them lying around.

Hmmm.. The elevation is 1/2 inch.. So dun think there is such a thick mousepad.. I go home and search see got anot..

Member of:

Nice scape, Look natural. :welldone:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Anyone know anyway to reduce the vibration sound from my pump.. It is super loud... Can hear even when my cabinet is closed... Think my dad will nag if he hears the sound...

bro,try rubber pad go hardwear shop and buy. it will help...

• SRC Member

Sponge??? Hmmm... Where to find? Those black ones?

My 3 pump in my sump is resting on those black sponge used as coarse filter. Pretty effective for me.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

bro,try rubber pad go hardwear shop and buy. it will help...

My 3 pump in my sump is resting on those black sponge used as coarse filter. Pretty effective for me.

Thanks Bros... Will be walking around after work to see if I can find rubber pads.. If not will get the sponge from C328..

:ThanxSmiley: :ThanxSmiley:

Member of:

Thanks Bros... Will be walking around after work to see if I can find rubber pads.. If not will get the sponge from C328..

:ThanxSmiley: :ThanxSmiley:

bro ,if need my help let me know . cos near my work placs hardwear shop they have the rubber pad.....

bro ,if need my help let me know . cos near my work placs hardwear shop they have the rubber pad.....

Thanks, I tried everything.. The problem is not with the pump... It is the vibration caused by the pump.. The sound is coming from the back of the cabinet and not the front which the pump is at... Worse come to worse will replace the pump...

Member of:

Thanks, I tried everything.. The problem is not with the pump... It is the vibration caused by the pump.. The sound is coming from the back of the cabinet and not the front which the pump is at... Worse come to worse will replace the pump...

no problem bro....

Just found out the problem is not with the pump... Even when I on my chiller pump... There are also vibrating sound that is coming out from the rear of my cabinet.. Time to move the sump and fill up the overflow compartment with bio home or bio balls...

Member of: