Terry's 3x3x2 Tank

Terryz_

waaa u left tht stretch of algae at tank bottom for bacteria to feed ah? lolx y dun clean during tank feeding?

waaa u left tht stretch of algae at tank bottom for algae to feed ah? lolx y dun clean during tank feeding?

One word, LAZY... LOL!!!

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

perhaps not getting enough food?

when i had a black sun before, the skeleton could be seen when i first got it. but after feeding every mouth every day for a few days it recovered entirely. placement was also in a low flow area.

perhaps not getting enough food?

when i had a black sun before, the skeleton could be seen when i first got it. but after feeding every mouth every day for a few days it recovered entirely. placement was also in a low flow area.

Hmmm.. Feed everyday leh... ?????

Member of:

• SRC Member

Your suns are not opening. I feed my suns individually with frozen / freezed dried cyclopeeze every other day and they will open up nicely once they sense food. Really got to target feed them, if not, they will start to recline and eventually not opening up at all.

• SRC Member

terryz, I used to use the 1.5L coke bottle to cover my old super suns and then squirt in the mysis.. :) But at the time I only had like 2 colonies of super suns.. but you have LOTS... so ... good luck there!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

terryz, I used to use the 1.5L coke bottle to cover my old super suns and then squirt in the mysis.. :) But at the time I only had like 2 colonies of super suns.. but you have LOTS... so ... good luck there!

i'm too concerned about messing up the water :nuke: , so i am painstakingly feeding one head at a time, small and big heads ... all 40+ of them :pinch: but so far the fruits of it have been great :yeah: ... i guess you got more heads there terry ... so good luck as well

25 Gal Micro Ocean

Your suns are not opening. I feed my suns individually with frozen / freezed dried cyclopeeze every other day and they will open up nicely once they sense food. Really got to target feed them, if not, they will start to recline and eventually not opening up at all.

I only feed them when they open up after lights off... Becos i still can see them from my living room light... So can see them catching the mysis...

Member of:

Hahaha... That is recommended but the angle and size is difficult for me to use this method...

Member of:

i'm too concerned about messing up the water :nuke: , so i am painstakingly feeding one head at a time, small and big heads ... all 40+ of them :pinch: but so far the fruits of it have been great :yeah: ... i guess you got more heads there terry ... so good luck as well

Will do it your way then maybe will need to spend 1 hour doing so...

Member of:

• SRC Member

Will do it your way then maybe will need to spend 1 hour doing so...

hehe yup, for sure. your case should be just like turkey blasting. btw, have you tried squirting some at closed heads (or 'some' tentacles are a little exposed) during lights on ? i noted after some time of doing this, they eventually also open up during lights on. :thumbsup:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

i use this method...a normal clinical springe and insert a white plastic stick (with hollow centre) used for holding children's balloon. Then simply squirting at each sun's head. Should be very quite fast.

Yup. I do that...

Member of:

• SRC Member

Terry, have u ever experience missing super sun head? I had a missing one since 2 days ago. I suspect, eaten by something.

can't go missing if eaten .... even if totally eaten that fast (?), then the skeleton should still be there. unless it's a single head you have, maybe fell off and went under or in between some of your rocks.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

can't go missing if eaten .... even if totally eaten that fast (?), then the skeleton should still be there. unless it's a single head you have, maybe fell off and went under or in between some of your rocks.

I happened to have only 1 x Super sun head. Small one, kinda approx 4mm in Diamter.

What;s left only the rock with orange base....nothing else...

I m suspecting, culprit = Green wrasse or Copperband