Terry's 3x3x2 Tank

Terryz_

• Senior Reefer

If I have enoug money, I would have bought the others also...

you can't get the hybrid pbt ah. ask aunty reserve for you? it's really nice leh

• Senior Reefer

Sump Tank is here...

27740_397327772053_733397053_4309470_3834723_n.jpg

27740_397327862053_733397053_4309480_8315476_n.jpg

as sexy as the pandas down at the zoo that refuse to mate. no lol joking. WAY better than that!! OMG I LOVE IT. BEAUTIFUL. NOW CAN'T WAIT FOR MINE TO COME TOMORROW!!!!!

as sexy as the pandas down at the zoo that refuse to mate. no lol joking. WAY better than that!! OMG I LOVE IT. BEAUTIFUL. NOW CAN'T WAIT FOR MINE TO COME TOMORROW!!!!!

The workmanship is superb.. I was so shocked to see such a nice sump tank.. LOL..

Full marks

:score: :score: :score:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

looks like a very well thought of sump. very compartmentalized and skimmer is far away from the return pump.

a couple of queries.

1) +1 with Wilson on the vent hole/s in the sump. I think the work is not completed when you took the photos.

2) hmmm yours is a 3 feet width tank. Would side doors make your access to the inner part of the sump easier?

3) The orientation of the sump is also not rightly placed yet right? I notice there is a hole on the sump. That is for the main tank return piping which should be nearer to the back of the cabinet.

4) Your skimmer height seems quite high too... is it difficult to remove the collection cup? Or u will be using waste collector?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

nice looking sump terryz.. hahah yeah I agree with the side doors, I once saw a tank whereby the bottom cabiinet had all 4 doors being able to open and it made reaching in to get those HARD to reach areas so much easier. :P I think you gave lemon an adrenaline rush.. :P

Keep us updated!!! We are the only bunch of peeps who would slaivate over a glass partition sump tank! :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

looks like a very well thought of sump. very compartmentalized and skimmer is far away from the return pump.

a couple of queries.

1) +1 with Wilson on the vent hole/s in the sump. I think the work is not completed when you took the photos.

2) hmmm yours is a 3 feet width tank. Would side doors make your access to the inner part of the sump easier?

3) The orientation of the sump is also not rightly placed yet right? I notice there is a hole on the sump. That is for the main tank return piping which should be nearer to the back of the cabinet.

4) Your skimmer height seems quite high too... is it difficult to remove the collection cup? Or u will be using waste collector?

This is designed by Vincent...

The work is still not done yet...

This is actually the side door, I din make a front door but i can access right to the back from 1 side...

This is how the sump will be like when all the piping is connected...The return is quite big and will be a lot of problem if it is place in the back of the cabinet... Anyway, got a lot of flow to play with since the flowrate is 3500GPH, a little headloss wun hurt much... LOL...

Yup, this i didnt take into consideration when i was making the cabinet and also the footprint was wrong... But luckily, the sump can be shifted a bit to make me able to take out the collection cup...

Member of:

nice looking sump terryz.. hahah yeah I agree with the side doors, I once saw a tank whereby the bottom cabiinet had all 4 doors being able to open and it made reaching in to get those HARD to reach areas so much easier. :P I think you gave lemon an adrenaline rush.. :P

Keep us updated!!! We are the only bunch of peeps who would slaivate over a glass partition sump tank! :P

LOL... His tank should be in liao.. LOL...

You guys should only start salivating after the water are in bah.. Lol... Now is only the appetizer... Empty tank.. LOL...

Cant do the side door liao... But in the first place i was the one who rejected the idea of have 2 way access..

Member of:

Nice blue yumas and an awesome sump! Love the space...

Thanks.. But sadly the yumas melted on me... Cant seems to keep blue yumas.. This is my 3rd try... Argh...

Member of:

Did a part of the rockscape today with cement... Hope it works... Will know tml if everything will fall apart anot.. LOL...

Anyway this is only half the height of what the rockscape will be..

27740_398524787053_733397053_4337796_5401728_n.jpg

27740_398524797053_733397053_4337797_3236857_n.jpg

27740_398524807053_733397053_4337798_2418849_n.jpg

Member of:

Terry

try drilling the rocks and cabletie them up. Really good for scaping.

That scape was very nice.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Terry

try drilling the rocks and cabletie them up. Really good for scaping.

That scape was very nice.

Might be trying out again.. My dad ask me to put cement in between the rocks... Becos i only fill in between the rocks from the front... Never put any cement from behind.. Wrong method i guess..

Will try the cabletie method too///

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

alternatively you can use epoxy and cable tie them while the epoxy cures. then do the individual rockscape on syrofoam or a hard plastic. so you can easily transfer to your tank.

drilling works too but you must know how to drill properly and slowly and where otherwise you will break your rocks into more pieces then good game.

alternatively you can use epoxy and cable tie them while the epoxy cures. then do the individual rockscape on syrofoam or a hard plastic. so you can easily transfer to your tank.

drilling works too but you must know how to drill properly and slowly and where otherwise you will break your rocks into more pieces then good game.

I did them on Acrylic.. Apparently I think it is too heavy...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

I did them on Acrylic.. Apparently I think it is too heavy...

oo i c.

anyway jiayou! :) REALLY can't wait to chiong lfs with you go buy angels. ARGH. fingers dam itchy.

i should be filling up my tank with water and doing rockscape now :( but because my stupid exams next week i can't. sian..

have to wait 1 more week.