Terry's 3x3x2 Tank

Terryz_

• SRC Member

Interesting. Not many brave soul will go NPS. What's your parameters and How's your feeding regimen like?

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Interesting. Not many brave soul will go NPS. What's your parameters and How's your feeding regimen like?

Haha..... I hope it is not a wrong choice to go full NPS with softies... I haven been checking on my parameters... Haha..

My current food mix consist of -

FM Ultra Seafan - 1/2 tsp

FM Ultra Min F - 1/2 tsp

Reef Pearls - 1/2 tsp

Decap BSE - 1/4 tsp

Nannochloropsis - est 5ml

All of these are mixed into a 500ml container daily which is stored in the fridge ready for use the next day..

The food is being pumped into my tank via my modified food dosing pump, 250ml in the morning and 250ml in the evening..

My food dosing pump is modified from a aquamedic denitrator...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

i like ur nice scape.

but do take note of dead spots.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Wow all the NPS corals seem to do v well. Hinting u to go into full NPS!

But for a start maybe u wan to clean up the rubbles in your tank first.

Almost full NPS liao... LOL...

Clearing up the 'rubbles' is a big project... LOL.. Maybe if really cannot make it den will clear it up...

Member of:

Almost full NPS liao... LOL...

Clearing up the 'rubbles' is a big project... LOL.. Maybe if really cannot make it den will clear it up...

With all the foods you are feeding, you are doing the food injustice by not adding another 5-6 crinoids. :evil:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

I love crinoids, but they are so hard to keep alive.

With food development now, it is not an issue. Food problems have been solved. The only issue now is to deliver the food in a continuous manner. Once you overcome that most NPS suddenly become very easy. They are just like anthias, difficult anthias become easy once you start them on a continuous feeding regime.

With food development now, it is not an issue. Food problems have been solved. The only issue now is to deliver the food in a continuous manner. Once you overcome that most NPS suddenly become very easy. They are just like anthias, difficult anthias become easy once you start them on a continuous feeding regime.

But continuous feeding means high nutrients and more water change. It is quite a hassle to do frequent water change especially for large tank.

If i go NPS it'll definitely be a nano tank, at least food costs lower and water change easier.

But continuous feeding means high nutrients and more water change. It is quite a hassle to do frequent water change especially for large tank.

If i go NPS it'll definitely be a nano tank, at least food costs lower and water change easier.

The only problem would be Nitrate that is why many NPS keeper are runnning Biopellets to counter the Nitrate..

Member of:

1 is enough headache for me... They hate nitrate which is a big problem..

Go for biopellets to remove your nitrate. The additional bacteria mulm can further feed your NPS. For the phosphate generated, try using Goodbye PO4. More economical for NPS.