Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Chaetodon declivis

kept before but only for a short while :(

wanna try it agian. besides. it's so pretty

my only worry is 2 roaps in the same tank. this and the mitratus.. hmm..

my tank is big so should be alright

post-15755-1276866770138_thumb.jpg

Think biggest on the stock list is 10 cm...

10cm is 4inches le. A bit too big. Never mind i'll snatch the smaller one that comes in!

Chaetodon declivis

kept before but only for a short while :(

wanna try it agian. besides. it's so pretty

my only worry is 2 roaps in the same tank. this and the mitratus.. hmm..

my tank is big so should be alright

Still trying declivis? Go for Tinker la!

• Senior Reefer

don't mind my incessant posting. i've made it a point to pen down everything that's going through my mind and what i do. so that i will have a complete thread and not like my half baked previous thread.

The tank is clearing up very well with about 60% visibility.

sand bed looks so clean now. dread the diatoms that will begin growing everywhere in the weeks to come :(

don't mind my incessant posting. i've made it a point to pen down everything that's going through my mind and what i do. so that i will have a complete thread and not like my half baked previous thread.

The tank is clearing up very well with about 60% visibility.

sand bed looks so clean now. dread the diatoms that will begin growing everywhere in the weeks to come :(

They will come in due time..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

:off: help me pass the message to RedDevils that i LOVE his car!!! :wub:

nice meeting you guys while driving.. lol..

you should see it when he drives his uncle's bently and rolls-royce.

• Senior Reefer

my salinity was low, around 1.020. i was lazy so i just poured some salt into the main tank, and let the salt dissolve on it's way down. as the salt slowly floats down, the rocks were immersed in super salted water.

it's fun to see stuff crawling out to die. those things that survived the freshwater dip..

THEN OUT OF NOWHERE THIS THING SWAM OUT LIKE AN EEL. WHAT THE HELL!

TO THINK I TOUCHED THE LIVEROCK IT WAS IN! EEEEEEEEEEEE

post-15755-12768830501112_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1276883055406_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Wah lan eh.. that's one huge kick ###### worm.... I think I have one somewhere in my tank although not as fat.... :P is it a bobbit?

so how did you catch it? LOL

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

my salinity was low, around 1.020. i was lazy so i just poured some salt into the main tank, and let the salt dissolve on it's way down. as the salt slowly floats down, the rocks were immersed in super salted water.

it's fun to see stuff crawling out to die. those things that survived the freshwater dip..

THEN OUT OF NOWHERE THIS THING SWAM OUT LIKE AN EEL. WHAT THE HELL!

TO THINK I TOUCHED THE LIVEROCK IT WAS IN! EEEEEEEEEEEE

That is a bobbit worm... Not a bristle..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Wah lan eh.. that's one huge kick ###### worm.... I think I have one somewhere in my tank although not as fat.... :P is it a bobbit?

so how did you catch it? LOL

i was lazy to mix salt into my tank so i just poured salt into the main tank. as the salt sank, the water around the rocks became super salty and this giant worm just came out.

That is a bobbit worm... Not a bristle..

yeah it's a bobbit. but didn't see the fangs :(

• Senior Reefer

found two Cirrhilabrus roseafascia in LCK today. the rose-band fairy wrasse

what an unexpected find. super rare and was suprised to see it mixed together with all the lineatus. guess with the attention that the lineatus has been getting, no one saw the "rose" amongst the thorns. (pun intended)

That's a superb rare find! If you happen to let go 1, please let me know.

found two Cirrhilabrus roseafascia in LCK today. the rose-band fairy wrasse

what an unexpected find. super rare and was suprised to see it mixed together with all the lineatus. guess with the attention that the lineatus has been getting, no one saw the "rose" amongst the thorns. (pun intended)

Main Tank: 3 by 2 by 2.5 ft

Sump: 30 by 16 by 16 inch

Return: Sicce 5000

Wavemaker: Vortech Mp40wES

Lighting: 2 X Maxspect Mazzara, 1 ATI True Actinic, 1 ATI BluePlus

Skimmer: Deltec APF 600

CR: Deltec PF 501

Filtration: Carbon FR, Phosphate FR

Chiller: Hailea 300A

• Senior Reefer

2 very very very VERYYYYYYY rare wrasses.

Cirrhilabrus roseafascia.

both are very young males. at only 3 inch. they look like female flame wrasses now but when they grow bigger, the characteristic roseafascia appearance will take form. adult roseafascia wrasse have an extremely long tapering rhomboid tail that is almost half the length of it's body. it is also the largest fairy wrasse in the genus and can attain a maximum of 8-9 inch.

but it's unlikely to grow so big in the aquarium. roseafascia is an extremely rare fish in singapore and i'm so fortunate to have found it together with digiman.

they are in my holding tub only until tomorrow. i will be decomming my holding tub tomorrow and all fish will be temporarily kept with a reefer friend here.

here's the picture. they are stressed now and the stress colouration of young roseafascia wrasses look VERY similar, in fact, almost identical to female flame wrasse (which is probably why many reefers over looked it). but look carefully and you will see the blue spot on their lower ventral fins that is a 100% tell tale sign of roseafascias.

post-15755-12769586845418_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12769586903464_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12769586994633_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12769587244149_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12769587303974_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

the roseafascia came with hawaii shipment. doesn't make sense since roseafascias don't appear in hawaii.

my only guess is,

in the hawaii fish holding facility, the supplier mixed up the young roseafascias as female flame wrasses and shipped them together by mistake. it makes sense since roseafascias are very common in the states but not in singapore.

this is what they look like un-stressed. the very obvious blue ventral fins are tell-tale roseafascia. the finnage is also same as the ones i have, except for the undeveloped tails in mine.

post-15755-12769588965306_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12769589081439_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Happy ah... LOL...

YAH!!!! wth..

anyway i only keeping them for 1 day. i tested my ammonia in my QT today and showed some readings... i dunno from what since i do WC so often. i think my liverock or sponge...

so i'm passing all to digiman to safekeep for me tomorrow. hope my mitratus and roseafascia will be ok