Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

i might get a vortech, but i'm a tunze supporter lol. one thing i dont like about vortec is because it cannot turn.

im a tunze, eheim and deltec fan ._. will get these three brands over others usually. but i might consider a vortech.

you don't need the vortech to turn to ask it to deliver flow to certain parts of your tank. It'll generally do so without questioning. The undertow of the vortech is immensely strong! No need for tunzes around, just 2 vortechs I believe is more than enough for start (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Supporter

it is a daikin compressor. :)

with the huge 3.5x3.5 space dont haf to worry for space constrain on wavemaker.

also wouldnt be restricted to have your wavemaker stuck on the glass panels.

most imptly. when u need a replacement urgently. u can get an "exchanged"/"replacement" almost immediately.

u can use the space compartment to try LED for SPS. :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

wah!!! so long I'm not here... not got a lot of changes already lah!

good move bro!!

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

bro i would recommend to use Zeovit which is the trend to keep the no3 , no2 and po4 in check

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• Senior Reefer

wah!!! so long I'm not here... not got a lot of changes already lah!

good move bro!!

ahaha thanks. waiting for the day i can touch saltwater again.

bro i would recommend to use Zeovit which is the trend to keep the no3 , no2 and po4 in check

no i'm not going for zeovit. but thanks for the input!

• SRC Member

be prepared for delays.. you'd never know... my epic 3 month wait for my skimmer.. .. ... :( The gods of reefing was not spinning the roulette wheel my direction.. :P

Good luck lemon.. updates with pics when it all comes in!!!!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

be prepared for delays.. you'd never know... my epic 3 month wait for my skimmer.. .. ... :( The gods of reefing was not spinning the roulette wheel my direction.. :P

Good luck lemon.. updates with pics when it all comes in!!!!

my mum bought a new camera ytd! not bad it's the newest cannon one but i dunno what model.

well i dont mind waiting a little longer anyway :) test my patience

my mum bought a new camera ytd! not bad it's the newest cannon one but i dunno what model.

well i dont mind waiting a little longer anyway :) test my patience

The delivery might be on time but whether it will start running is another thing... LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

The delivery might be on time but whether it will start running is another thing... LOL...

yah. i haven buy equipment yet lol. still need sand, liverock etc etc

• Senior Reefer

The real test always comes during cycling stage... can see cannot touch! :whistle

Bought some snorkeling gear already? :eyebrow:

can touch liverock :P

actually if you believe me, i'm waiting for the cycling stage! will be keeping angels and butterflies so am very excitied for the cycling stage, where i will allow tons of microfauna to grow on the liverocks. am very excited to see what grows, but i'm hoping for sponges, macroalgae and tubeworms. hoping for those super fast growing white tubeworms that colonise everywhere.

as for snorkeling gear, nope. :X but forsee the need when i dip my head into the huge tank.

• Senior Reefer

You'll need it... the middle of the tank is the challenge! But depending on your scape, you can choose the 2 mountains route to be more accessible. :P

already have an idea on what i want. saved many websites with wonderful TOTM scaping

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, Just suggestion... Scape when the tank is not full of water yet... And try to get as perfect as possible... To prevent rescape in the future..

yup don't worry! i learn to do scaping when tank is not filled or at least 1/3 or 1/2 filled. will be using epoxy and cable tie too!

will most likely scape out of tank first then transfer inside.

yup don't worry! i learn to do scaping when tank is not filled or at least 1/3 or 1/2 filled. will be using epoxy and cable tie too!

will most likely scape out of tank first then transfer inside.

Bingo, That is what i will do also... :peace:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

can touch liverock :P

actually if you believe me, i'm waiting for the cycling stage! will be keeping angels and butterflies so am very excitied for the cycling stage, where i will allow tons of microfauna to grow on the liverocks. am very excited to see what grows, but i'm hoping for sponges, macroalgae and tubeworms. hoping for those super fast growing white tubeworms that colonise everywhere.

as for snorkeling gear, nope. :X but forsee the need when i dip my head into the huge tank.

I can lend you my rocks. I have all kinds of worms and microfauna growing! not forgetting an illusive and I-don't-even-know-where-the-hell-this-shit-comes-from grape algae! hahaha :D

Otherwise, second thought is to get T95 rocks. I love their LRs for the purple coralline and microfauna! It's ridiculously ALOT! and price quite cheap! $6/kg and still can bargain! hurhur :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

newspaper my floor then masking tape the tank area. do the scape there, epoxy, then transfer in. :)

remember to follow chingchai's style! lay a layer of egg crate at the bottom of the tank so you do not have to epoxy your base rock onto your bottom glass! :D

Also, rocks in first before sand okay! alot of stability given that way! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.