Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer

They only pulse like that when there is low flow right?

nope. mine pulse this fast in medium to high flow also. just that if the flow is too strong, the xenia blow in the wave then cannot see the pulsing properly.

i turned off the wavemaker in this video, but does not matter. the flow in this area is really really very slow anyway, so much so that the xenias pulse very well. moreover, it's an open space surrounded by sand and water in the front of the tank so there's no dead spot despite the low flow.

that's why that particular rock on the sand is just for my xenia and cespitularia. isolated rock on the sand prevents them from spread everywhere and also low flow caters to them very well.

Lemon,

As spoken yesterday evening, invest on a Dremel and start fragging.

Dremel-4000-rotary-tool.png

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Senior Reefer

baby multibar. so far so good, very active, curious and with plenty of liverocks, algae and tons of swimming space, it should begin feeding soon. it's been 3 days now.

my other pair died despite feeding. Multibars do much better the smaller they are. this one's a 1 inch+ juvenile, so by theory, should adapt very well.

post-15755-040766100 1282469616_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

very baby venustus angel. compare it with the size of a blood shrimp which is only one inch!

i've never seen venustus angels so small before. like multibars, they do very well the smaller they are. large ones adapt poorly and often die despite feeding. which is what happened to my previous pair.

post-15755-004897600 1282469705_thumb.jp

post-15755-058096100 1282469709_thumb.jp

baby multibar. so far so good, very active, curious and with plenty of liverocks, algae and tons of swimming space, it should begin feeding soon. it's been 3 days now.

my other pair died despite feeding. Multibars do much better the smaller they are. this one's a 1 inch+ juvenile, so by theory, should adapt very well.

very baby venustus angel. compare it with the size of a blood shrimp which is only one inch!

i've never seen venustus angels so small before. like multibars, they do very well the smaller they are. large ones adapt poorly and often die despite feeding. which is what happened to my previous pair.

They're so adorable!

• SRC Member

was going to mention about the oakley sunnies too.. hahahahah.. :P your corals look really great lemon.. mine.. haiz.... not doing well.. :(

the favia I got from you is the only one doing well.. the rest have kinda suffered... sadly :(

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

was going to mention about the oakley sunnies too.. hahahahah.. :P your corals look really great lemon.. mine.. haiz.... not doing well.. :(

the favia I got from you is the only one doing well.. the rest have kinda suffered... sadly :(

at least something is alive. cheer up! things will get better.

remember my non stop string of bad luck about a month ago? it's gone now~