NSW can keep for how long???

• SRC Member

just curious if we had purchase those NSW from LFS. how long can we keep it if it is run without those pump which mean i just put the NSW in the empty bucket without any pump in there at all. pls advise. thks

Can keep as long as u like. Provided there's a proper cover on it to prevent dust,oil particles (esp house that cook) and mosquito the water should be fine for using.

• Like 1

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

it is best to have an air pump to be running

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• Senior Reefer

no please don't keep it without circulation.

NSW contains microscopic organisms that will die and foul up the water if you don't provide circulation and aeration

• SRC Member

Ya min must have air pump. Notice reborn shop their water drum inside sure got air stone for the water

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• Senior Reefer

just curious can we put in those oxygen ball for the NSW ? other than a pump??

you mean an air stone that bubbles air? that is not an oxygen pump...... it pumps surrounding air in. the surrounding air has only about 21% oxygen. pump in pure oxygen and everything will die. 100% pure oxygen can be toxic.

and yes, you can use an air stone

• SRC Member

just curious can we put in those oxygen ball for the NSW ? other than a pump??

Wat do u mean by oxygen ball?

Catch no ball...

If you're refering those air stone that connect to air tube then air pump.

The answer will be Yes. Like wat lemon had answered to your question.

If refering to pure oxygen like those oxygen tank type then No No lo.

Wat do u mean by oxygen ball?

Catch no ball...

If u r refering to those air stone that connect to air tube then air pump,the answer is Yes.(like wat lemon said)

but if u r refering to those oxygen tank then answer is No No.

im talking abt those colourful ball which usually they use it for fresh water fishes. heres a link http://www.watergelball.com/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=123

• SRC Member

im talking abt those colourful ball which usually they use it for fresh water fishes. heres a link http://www.watergelball.com/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=123

Wow... Saw the link. Didn't know oxygen can be deliver like that. For this I not sure so I can't answer to your question.

Gonna leave it to the bro n expert here to give advise le

Better to use the NSW right away. Lots of good stuff will be gone if kept too long. Then you need to dose lots of magnesium, calcium, other trace elements to the main tank, if you are maintaining corals. If just fish only tank, then no need to do anything.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

Don't waste money on this stuff.

Ya lo...

Buying NSW for water change is already kinda hassle liao if still wanna do so many thing then i think gonna be more waste time n $$

• SRC Member

Ya lo...

Buying NSW for water change is already kinda hassle liao if still wanna do so many thing then i think gonna be more waste time n $$

Its not about that la its just that these gel balls are being produced to eat ppl money.Some ppl keep fighting fishes with those whats the point... <_<

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

Its not about that la its just that these gel balls are being produced to eat ppl money.Some ppl keep fighting fishes with those whats the point... <_<

Lol... Then cannot imagine how many people kana con by those ball ball Liao.

Anyway just stick to the normal rules for water change n try not to do extra thing to get it easy.

Keeping marine fishes is never easy. So got to accept it if wanna appreciate nice fishes u got.

• SRC Member

Lol... Then cannot imagine how many people kana con by those ball ball Liao.

Anyway just stick to the normal rules for water change n try not to do extra thing to get it easy.

Keeping marine fishes is never easy. So got to accept it if wanna appreciate nice fishes u got.

lets not divert so far off the TS topic shall we?

just curious if we had purchase those NSW from LFS. how long can we keep it if it is run without those pump which mean i just put the NSW in the empty bucket without any pump in there at all. pls advise. thks

bro, i advise you to do your own salt mix.. it would be better... also.. even if you are planning to leave salt mix or NSW for a prolong period, its always highly advisable to run a circulation pump..

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

abstracted from the oxygen ball website.

"The solid oxygen ball can release oxygen slowly, and can exchange the impurities into the food the fishes need. The nutritive medium contains a lot of microelement, so it can make the fish much stronger and supply the nutrition fishes need."

you can see that this product is indeed a scam. i don't suggest using this for marine tanks. These are more for ornamental plants and simple goldfish bowl kinda thing.

2ndly, when buying NSW, buy and use it immediately. If storing, i suggest up to a maximum of one day or less, with a power head for circulation.

If you really need to store the water for more than 1 day, ditch the idea of using NSW and just use salt mix.

• Senior Reefer

As long as your salinity is ideal and NO3 is ZERO.

there are plankton, bacteria etc that lives in NSW. even if your NO3 is zero, these things will die off if NSW is not kept properly and left stagnant.

the die offs will pollute the water. so it does not matter if the NO3 is zero.

• SRC Member

i dont understand the idea behind "DO NOT keep NSW for more than 1 day" assuming that if there is sufficient aeration going on why not?

also buying NSW is a tiring and leceh event.... so for conveniece sake ppl (i myself included when i had a reef) buy or ask to deliver to their house massive quantities of NSW so can store and slowly use....its about the cost and convenience

• SRC Member

Just to check y i kana -1 for #2 post?

Anything wrong with wat i say?

Pls clarify...

Thanks.

• SRC Member

Can keep as long as u like. Provided there's a proper cover on it to prevent dust,oil particles (esp house that cook) and mosquito the water should be fine for using.

Ya min must have air pump. Notice reborn shop their water drum inside sure got air stone for the water

Bro I have no idea who down your points, but I'm guessing it has something to do with how you so confidently said that all you need is a cover and you can "keep as long as you like", then change tone after 2 other members said need aeration. Either that or somebody don't like you hahaha :peace:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Bro I have no idea who down your points, but I'm guessing it has something to do with how you so confidently said that all you need is a cover and you can "keep as long as you like", then change tone after 2 other members said need aeration. Either that or somebody don't like you hahaha :peace:

Haha.. it is difficult to say, i think cannot see who -1 for your rep points..

But true, NSW will turn foul if there is no aeration/circulation due to the fact that there are living 'thing' in the water...

Saltmix is the best bet if you wanna store for water change...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp