overstock

lcf425

• SRC Member

freshly hatched brine shrimp have a very high nutrient yolk sac attached to them in which they gain nutrients from. after 48 hours, the yolk sac will be depleted and the shrimp will have not much nutritional benefits.

thus, the earlier you feed the brine shrimp upon hatching the bettter.

if not wrong I feed my fishes frozen brine shrimp

oh and have croera clam too =.=

• Like 1

• SRC Member

firefish, goby, shrimps are all fine left inside.

find a good home for the tangs, mandarins and maroons. and the 2 lone harlequins.

Mandrain have to go too even if I get them to eat??

• Senior Reefer

don't feed frozen brine. get frozen mysis. it's cheap and way way better.

oh dear a crocea clam. we're opening up a new can of worms here.

crocea clams require the highest ligtning requirement out of all tridacnid clams. may i ask what light you are using?

• SRC Member

Next time seek advice before doing lo. Patience is very important for marine. Say easy but do difficult coz I myself also no patience come to marine fishes.

I understand sometime may be too tempting to c those nice colourful fishes n yet tank too small.

But it's always the case when u wan this u can't have that.

Wat #3 thread indeed a logical wan.

Yea man you said it !!

• SRC Member

firefish, goby, shrimps are all fine left inside.

find a good home for the tangs, mandarins and maroons. and the 2 lone harlequins.

Ya. Quickly post them in the pasar malam ba. Should have people keen n get it in no time.

Good luck!

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

don't feed frozen brine. get frozen mysis. it's cheap and way way better.

oh dear a crocea clam. we're opening up a new can of worms here.

crocea clams require the highest ligtning requirement out of all tridacnid clams. may i ask what light you are using?

Yes will get that mysis^^ did not know brine that's lousy =.=

my lighting is DIY LED lol hope it's enough ??

lemon lemon~~~~ how ar my light pass ma??? and still got what else need to change de btw i check my food le its mysis i feeding haha heng bought wrong LOL

That will depend on the wattage of your DIY LED...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

I have another tank at home ^^

Wow... That's a bonus lo + a magic word lo.

Having addtional tank for marine fishes is damn shiok lo."envy"

for me not so fortunate Liao. Wanna keep panther grouper but also wanna keep other fishes.

Wanna give him up but 舍不得...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Wow... That's a bonus lo + a magic word lo.

Having addtional tank for marine fishes is damn shiok lo."envy"

for me not so fortunate Liao. Wanna keep panther grouper but also wanna keep other fishes.

Wanna give him up but 舍不得...

bad news is that other tank my bro de need to beg and psyco then can put fish =.=

unless you follow me lo lol my nano got like 2x living stuff LOL

• SRC Member

Eh bro, you never tell me you got crocea clam in that 1.5ft tank of yours.

i kinda bought too many fishes at one go with my 1.5ft by 1ft tank currently have 2blue tang 2 mandrain 2 maroon clownfish 2 fire dart goby 1 yellow goby 4 harlequin shrimp 2 fire shrimp 2 shunk cleaner shrimp 1 turbo .... any tips and advises to give^^thanks

Now you say got 2 mandarin when you told me you got only 1?

bad news is that other tank my bro de need to beg and psyco then can put fish =.=

unless you follow me lo lol my nano got like 2x living stuff LOL

Who in the world is crazy enough to let someone introduce fish with white spot in their tank?

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68543

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88892

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88897

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88898

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88899

Want to sell clown fish infected with white spot? You want to spread the disease to other people tank? That's not right. Never do research now other have to suffer too? How come 2 different answer in 2 different forum, which is true? Your tank overstock yet you want to buy more live stock?

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Eh bro, you never tell me you got crocea clam in that 1.5ft tank of yours.

Now you say got 2 mandarin when you told me you got only 1?

Who in the world is crazy enough to let someone introduce fish with white spot in their tank?

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68543

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88892

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88897

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88898

I remove them already dude ...as for the clam I added recently...as for the mandrain i thought I did say I have 2 ...either way the buyer can see if the clownfish is ok first before buying not like I am sending it to them

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88899

Want to sell clown fish infected with white spot? You want to spread the disease to other people tank? That's not right. Never do research now other have to suffer too? How come 2 different answer in 2 different forum, which is true? Your tank overstock yet you want to buy more live stock?

• SRC Member

Wow.. really over over stock. When I 1st startup also fill my 2ft tanks with 6 angels,damsels and clown fish. Endup tank crash. So sad my beautiful angels all gone... Heart pain seh. Learn my lesson a painful way. LOL

• SRC Member

Wow.. really over over stock. When I 1st startup also fill my 2ft tanks with 6 angels,damsels and clown fish. Endup tank crash. So sad my beautiful angels all gone... Heart pain seh. Learn my lesson a painful way. LOL

waaa how long you kept them then crash??

• SRC Member

waaa how long you kept them then crash??

current livestock in tank 4 harlequin shrimp 2 cleaner shrimp 2 fire shrimp 2 percula clownfish 1 yellow goby 1 fire dart goby 2 sand snail 1 turbo snail and 1 croera clam.... is it still overstock?? anyone know??

• Senior Reefer

current livestock in tank 4 harlequin shrimp 2 cleaner shrimp 2 fire shrimp 2 percula clownfish 1 yellow goby 1 fire dart goby 2 sand snail 1 turbo snail and 1 croera clam.... is it still overstock?? anyone know??

separate the 4 harlequins since they're fighting.

cleaner shrimps ok

fire shrimps ok

2 perculas ok

yellow goby ok

fire fish ok

turbo snail ok

please post more information on the LEDs you are using to sustain the crocea clam. wattage?

other than that everything is fine

If not wrong it's 0.3volt per bar each bar is 1ft and I have 5 bar ...not fighting le haha... Oh yea as spoken do cleaner shrimp kill each other ??

Harlequin will bound to kill each other of the same sex.. Better to seperate them... Cleaner shrimp will not kill each other...

I meant the wattage not the voltage of the Led? But judging from the voltage, you are using those 5mm led bulb?

Member of:

• SRC Member

Harlequin will bound to kill each other of the same sex.. Better to seperate them... Cleaner shrimp will not kill each other...

I meant the wattage not the voltage of the Led? But judging from the voltage, you are using those 5mm led bulb?

Hmmm kk will seperate them then ... Yea should be it's those bought from sim lim tower de one stripe 1ft got 9 led

Hmmm kk will seperate them then ... Yea should be it's those bought from sim lim tower de one stripe 1ft got 9 led

Those LED are not enuff to even sustain softies.. Might only be enough for moonlight effects... or as supplementary light..

It is better if you can take a photo of the LED...

Member of:

• SRC Member

I wonder what made you jump into the hobby... bro if you're serious about this hobby I suggest you read up alot more. We have many good threads here to start you off.

It's good that you are asking for help now, do keep us posted.

• SRC Member

yeah I too, second the reading up. Marine is not somehting you jump into without LOTS Of reading up and the willingness to spend lots of time and maybe a bit of $ on.

GLad that you have taken most of the feedback into consideration and lowered your bioload. I hope you managed to find good homes for your other fishes.

In future, PLEASE read up and ask around before you think of getting something. Knowing is half the battle won.

And most of all, take whatever the LFS sales people say to you with a VERY HUGE mountain of salt ( not all LFS will tell you the truth and not all of them even know what they are talking about sometimes.. depending on which one you go to of course! :) ).

I read in your earlier posts that you believed the guy telling you about the clown fishes being all the same... haiz,..thumbdown.gif

I've seen those LEDs that you mentioned from sim lim tower, I highly doubt that they are strong enough for corals especially that of a CLAM.

good luck with your tank.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...