My 1.5 ft Reef log II

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

15 mins break :)before I go change nappy.

lol.... wifey posted directly after hubby...

so tell me.... both of you have individual lappy or one post already then the post fella post....

kinda envy you guys sometimes...

I talk to my wife about forum....her response.. ummm yah ... erh... ok etc

I talk to my wife about my tank... ummm.. yah... erh... ok. etc

I talk to my wife about reefers gathering... umm .. yah... erh ... ok etc

Don't feel alone in this... :friends:

I actually like the size and weight of the 1.4, but... the price hahaa

HUH!!. you getting a queen for your tank???

yeah planning to......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

15 mins break :)before I go change nappy.

lol.... wifey posted directly after hubby...

so tell me.... both of you have individual lappy or one post already then the post fella post....

kinda envy you guys sometimes...

I talk to my wife about forum....her response.. ummm yah ... erh... ok etc

I talk to my wife about my tank... ummm.. yah... erh... ok. etc

I talk to my wife about reefers gathering... umm .. yah... erh ... ok etc

Was kind of determine not to get anything that night... but succumbed to temptation after seeing all those exotics.......

since all the way there already... might as well........

I am wondering if they ever talk at home.. LOL.. Maybe talking thru MSN... LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

yeah planning to......

It is actually too small a tank for them even if it is Juv... It will stun their growth and not giving it ample space to swim... I know it can be sold once it gets too big for your tank... But still I am against it.. :(

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

omgoodness don't add any large angels into a small tank like yours even juveniles. I know it can be very very tempting, but you will regret it.

terryz is right. in a small tank like this, it will totally stunt their growth and the stress of a small space will prematurely kill them. it's very inhumane

also, juvenile queen angels are not easy, they will eat up all your corals (queen angels will eat up your corals 100%, if it's not too stressed from the small space), and are very aggressive.

you will see it panicking and darting around in a small tank.

new additions from one of my favorite LFS in the east.... :P

So far, they are more worth spending on than $90 zoas or $130 gonios from "you-know-where" LFS

Can I know where is this LFS in Bedok? Dont see any in the LFS listing

It is actually too small a tank for them even if it is Juv... It will stun their growth and not giving it ample space to swim... I know it can be sold once it gets too big for your tank... But still I am against it.. :(

omgoodness don't add any large angels into a small tank like yours even juveniles. I know it can be very very tempting, but you will regret it.

terryz is right. in a small tank like this, it will totally stunt their growth and the stress of a small space will prematurely kill them. it's very inhumane

also, juvenile queen angels are not easy, they will eat up all your corals (queen angels will eat up your corals 100%, if it's not too stressed from the small space), and are very aggressive.

you will see it panicking and darting around in a small tank.

Terryz, Lemon

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have kept a juvenile queen before and they do not attack the corals at that age.

more destructive as they grow older of course.

also understand the part about stressing the fish and stunting their growth.

That being said, same goes for tangs being in a nano.... not recommended but not to say it cannot be done... just gotta let them go when the time comes....

I always believe text book stuff are a guide, sometimes there might be exceptions.

I might be wrong or I could be very wrong but guess that is the challenge that I enjoy in maintaining a nano.

Sorry I know I am kinda stubborn. but will give it due consideration and do more research on success stories.

I recall coming across a couple of folks who manage to keep them well in a nano.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Can I know where is this LFS in Bedok? Dont see any in the LFS listing

bro, its not an LFS lah... its just a silly joke.

• SRC Member

bro, its not an LFS lah... its just a silly joke.

may be listed soon :groupwavereversed:

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• Senior Reefer

Terryz, Lemon

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have kept a juvenile queen before and they do not attack the corals at that age.

more destructive as they grow older of course.

also understand the part about stressing the fish and stunting their growth.

That being said, same goes for tangs being in a nano.... not recommended but not to say it cannot be done... just gotta let them go when the time comes....

I always believe text book stuff are a guide, sometimes there might be exceptions.

I might be wrong or I could be very wrong but guess that is the challenge that I enjoy in maintaining a nano.

Sorry I know I am kinda stubborn. but will give it due consideration and do more research on success stories.

I recall coming across a couple of folks who manage to keep them well in a nano.

well, we've given you the advice and it's up to you if you want to continue. :)

ultimately it's your choice. It's not about wether it can be done or not. sure it can be done. but it's definitely not ethical and not healthy for the fish. True, textbooks are just guidelines. but in this case, it's about the fish's health... and it is true that it will be detrimental.

Anyway, do read up on success stories if there are. The asian reefing scene is very very lenient. if this was on reefcentral, you'll be getting heavy heavy flaming.

good luck!

well, we've given you the advice and it's up to you if you want to continue. :)

ultimately it's your choice. It's not about wether it can be done or not. sure it can be done. but it's definitely not ethical and not healthy for the fish. True, textbooks are just guidelines. but in this case, it's about the fish's health... and it is true that it will be detrimental.

Anyway, do read up on success stories if there are. The asian reefing scene is very very lenient. if this was on reefcentral, you'll be getting heavy heavy flaming.

good luck!

Noted. thanks! :)

but I do agree it has been very lenient over here.... that's why I am here and not in RC.

Yeah, Hope the queen will do well... I am also guilty of keeping big angels in small tanks... LOL... But only Regals handle it well... The rest like rock beauty (1 inch size) and etc.. Din make it.. So after that I only buy Centropyges...

Member of:

Yeah, Hope the queen will do well... I am also guilty of keeping big angels in small tanks... LOL... But only Regals handle it well... The rest like rock beauty (1 inch size) and etc.. Din make it.. So after that I only buy Centropyges...

**slap.... haha.... kidding Terryz.....

thanks for the advise. I will do more research 1st and make alternative plans too should plan A fail :P

**slap.... haha.... kidding Terryz.....

thanks for the advise. I will do more research 1st and make alternative plans too should plan A fail :P

LOL.. But that was last time.. Haha... So learnt it the hard way...

Member of:

• SRC Member

did u get anything from "the place where you got ur $130 gonio" today?

anything worth getting there?

planning to head down to take a look one of the days during the week..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

LOL.. But that was last time.. Haha... So learnt it the hard way...

lol well, lessons need to start somewhere.... :P

tell me more of your unorthodox methodologies next time .... w00t.gif

did u get anything from "the place where you got ur $130 gonio" today?

anything worth getting there?

planning to head down to take a look one of the days during the week..

went down with siang,moss,karl today...

all of us went off empty handed.... lol.... so you know the answer liao....

I am very very selective when I head there now, else kenna chop carrot head like nothing.

saw some common zoas there seliing for 5 red notes (special discounted price) ... my goodness .... east LFS selling those for 1 green note only.....

a lot of the LS also seem to be very old stock... health already declining quite badly already.....

would suggest you save the trip and head to east or west better.

• SRC Member

I am very very selective when I head there now, else kenna chop carrot head like nothing.

saw some common zoas there seliing for 5 red notes (special discounted price) ... my goodness .... east LFS selling those for 1 green note only.....

a lot of the LS also seem to be very old stock... health already declining quite badly already.....

agree with you about the east LFS..

their corals are not that bad as compared to theirs anyway.. haha..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

oh f/1.4 is much heavier arh??? anyway much cost is too high for me.....

think I am giving up the idea of getting the 100mm macro lens too

save the money for other stuff....

Why not consider a Tamron 90mm f2.8?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

Jacky, if u want can try my tamron 90mm prime f/2.8. I took some scenic shots with that in Europe too.

But with this lens, you must use tripod if u wanna shoot tank stuff. Effect is really amazing. You will pick up a lot of details.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Why not consider a Tamron 90mm f2.8?

I did but

its is at least 2x heavier than the canon 100mm.

Tamron autofocusing is much more noiser too and slower

the tamron lens gets extended when you manual focus, the canon's does not.

• SRC Member

the blastos, brains and pratas still look delicious...as for the rest, go to the farms.

l7304smr.jpg

Jacky, if u want can try my tamron 90mm prime f/2.8. I took some scenic shots with that in Europe too.

But with this lens, you must use tripod if u wanna shoot tank stuff. Effect is really amazing. You will pick up a lot of details.

Yeah I t-loaned the lens from Peter.

The macro shots I took last week were from taken using that lens.

but photos turned out so so only cause of the photographer.... lol