New Tank 48" x 30" x 20"

ming69

• SRC Member

That look great Ming69! More reefer should start using fake live rock for their tank. Ecologically friendly. Coupled with Biohome, they would have a perfect environment friendly aquascape that wouldn't harm the ecology where the live rock are harvested. The ocean needs our help!

• SRC Member

awesome scape sis! :thumbsup:

inspired by John Ciotti's "upside down reef" ? kudos to bro ambystoma for this picture:

Ciotti's scape was a reference, but it wasn't intentional. A lot depended on the shape of the rocks. After making sure the main piece is stable, I was trying to find a place to secure the GO rock, in the end the best spot was just to put it on top. So it ended up looking a bit like Ciotti's. :lol:

That look great Ming69! More reefer should start using fake live rock for their tank. Ecologically friendly. Coupled with Biohome, they would have a perfect environment friendly aquascape that wouldn't harm the ecology where the live rock are harvested. The ocean needs our help!

I find that fake rock is expecially good for sticking SPS . I predrilled lots of holes so I can stick frags. It also allows some light to pass thru so I can still place some corals under it.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Wow Sis that's a nice scape, awesome!!!!

Makes me feel like rescape my whole tank.....

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member

LOL Ming your scape..... coolness :) HOw you manage to still do this with 4 kids, I kowtow to you... my heroine!

:groupwavereversed:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

LOL Ming your scape..... coolness :) HOw you manage to still do this with 4 kids, I kowtow to you... my heroine!

:groupwavereversed:

:lol: Just managed to have a bit of time on hand while the kids are in school and childcare. Luckily, the rocks fitted together without much complications, so managed to fix it up within an hour.

Now I have trouble visualizing part 2 of the scape......

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

:lol: Just managed to have a bit of time on hand while the kids are in school and childcare. Luckily, the rocks fitted together without much complications, so managed to fix it up within an hour.

Now I have trouble visualizing part 2 of the scape......

u can play around with plastacine to visualize...everything under the shade and on trunk put nps or little light corals, ie sponges,sea squirt,cauliflower, sun corals, pretty similar to john ciotti tank.. nowadays alot following like the bonsai tree style.. http://glassbox-design.com/2009/thors-bonsai-inspired-sps-reef-tank-revisited/

Soon u will find nps corals is so much colorful and probably only at 10% of price spend on zoas lolx.. pinnacles got 4 really solid red large cauliflowers.. too bad my tank is only 2 ft..

• SRC Member

The bonsai tree scape is my all time fav. But I don't have the discipline to maintain it clutter-free. :lol:

Will be playing around with the other LRs to make 1 or 2 more big structures then put them together.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

This is the fun part. Do enjoy the process! ^_^

True! But somehow I feel that the rocks look nicer out of the tank. When put inside and start to place corals, it's just not quite right. :chair:

Saw a large fake live rock at GO. I've used 1 that looks like a platform for coral. Easily occupy an area of 2x2.

Think I have enough fake rocks to play with. I have also kept quite a few dead rocks, about 3 small foam boxes. Shd have plently to play with. :lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

You could try The Golden Ratio for scaping. Factor in the corals you wanna place within the ratio.

Seems a bit to chim for me liao. :lol: Me more of a hands-on kind. Play around with the rocks till it fits. As for coral placement, if the hole fits, will stuff the coral in. :lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Golden ratio is what most will call it aesthetically pleasing. In photography is called rule of the thirds. The trick is to have your main point of interest at the intersection. Quite useful, especially for photography and other situation :)

• SRC Member

WOW sis! nice rockscape! cant wait to see you line it up with sps! :D hoho.

Anyway white cabinet? lol. to go with the colour of the tiles uh? :)

So It doesn't look so big and bulky? Anyway, the other cabinets near it is also white. :lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Interesting looking.. this tank is at new place?

Yes. Think the tank and the cabinet might be a tad big for the living room. But, what the heck, it's done. :lol: Can't do much about that now. keke

I'll definately need a ladder to access the tank. :chair:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg