suncoral

marshalllee

• SRC Member

Hey,

does any of you pros know if suncoral eat small slices of market prawn? is it possible?

thanks!

Yes, if it's cut into pcs small enuf for it's mouth, provided there are no fishes and shrimps to compete with it cuz it takes in food rather slowly.

Yes, if it's cut into pcs small enuf for it's mouth, provided there are no fishes and shrimps to compete with it cuz it takes in food rather slowly.

wow... thanks! i just got myself one today. and rescape my tank for it. the rest of my corals are opened except that... shd i try feeeding it today or tmr?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bro. can anyone tell why sometime de coral wouldnt open for a few day? will it die? :sick:

Nope it will not die, I have a sun coral that dun open for 4-5 week. Try to change the position, it might open up after a few day.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

sun corals only open in the dark! =) they are on the underside of rock structures in the ocean! =)

I do not agree. Given time, it will follow the frequency of feeding time of your tank. It can and will open when there is light. Speaking from experience.

• SRC Member

I do not agree. Given time, it will follow the frequency of feeding time of your tank. It can and will open when there is light. Speaking from experience.

Agree.. They just need time to get used to the environment...

wat predators? care to xplain... ;)

Hmm if you go google on sun coral pest, you will find that there are some nudis that feed on suncoral, but it is quite uncommon. :whistle

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

I usually target feed them using a needle......if you have cleaner shrimp have to take care as they will dig into your sunflower to snatch food...I use a fish net to block them away from my sun n super-sun....so far they are happy...

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank