20/9/2010 - 26/9/2010

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

LCK is a place that can fulfill hobbyist's dream collection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• Senior Reefer

go for it lem^^

wrought iron butterfly is one of my favourite japanese fish. not for it's rarity, because it isn't, but because of it's sheer uniqueness and beauty that no other fish in the world can rival. that is, it's metallic sheen. it's metallic body is really like a real piece of metal and the name wrought iron butterfly is so apt.

but if i were to get a wrought iron now, i won't have any money for the next few months and i cannot survive like that. lol.

so i won't get it now. although can import wrought iron butterflies in any quantity from BH, the cost will not be as good as LCK's one.

so hopefully the next time LCK brings it in again, i will be ready for it. for now just let digiman buy then i go his house admire .ha.

Any update?

Heard LCK might have Wrought Iron arriving soon.

Yah, forgotton to mention have 1 "dragon" eel. Unfortunately already have buyer.

Just to update. The Japanese fishes will be coming in tonight. Dun know Steven will provide mooncake for those who will be there. Hehehe...... :yahoo:

• SRC Member

Yah, forgotton to mention have 1 "dragon" eel. Unfortunately already have buyer.

Just to update. The Japanese fishes will be coming in tonight. Dun know Steven will provide mooncake for those who will be there. Hehehe...... :yahoo:

Also Tie Guan Yin and Wulong to go along.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

LOL! you going anot! hahahaha or you accompanying your own "Chang-Er" at home? :)

as for chang-er, need to bring over yourself. ^_^

btw, price list not confirm, but will be good so dun pm me for pricing.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

3 Wrought irons and one baby dragon moray eel at LCK.

2.5 inch wrought iron butterfly sold, left 2 medium sized ones around 5 inches?

baby dragon moray also sold.

i'm so happy and fortunate to be able to see a baby dragon moray and a 2.5 inch wrought iron!

congrats to digiman on the butterfly! NOW POST A PICTURE!!!

3 Wrought irons and one baby dragon moray eel at LCK.

2.5 inch wrought iron butterfly sold, left 2 medium sized ones around 5 inches?

baby dragon moray also sold.

i'm so happy and fortunate to be able to see a baby dragon moray and a 2.5 inch wrought iron!

congrats to digiman on the butterfly! NOW POST A PICTURE!!!

Anyone know the price of the medium sized wrought iron? :thumbsup:

100 red notes.

this price is unbeatable anywhere else. really fantastic fish, fantastic quality and fantastic price.

yup...that's really an unbeatable price. :agreed:

Only concern is on the low temp that is required to keep it long term.... <_<

• Senior Reefer

yup...that's really an unbeatable price. :agreed:

Only concern is on the low temp that is required to keep it long term.... <_<

Wrought iron butterflies are one of the easiest butterflies.

feeding is not a problem, and these are all feeding on pellets already and are so healthy and inquisitive, they will greet you and nibble your fingers.

the only problem most people are afraid of is adaptation and shipping stress.

they can adapt to warmer temperatures but must be within reef tank temp, and IMO, best not to exceed 26. the temperature issue is quite debated in reef central but there are many people keeping interruptus and wrought irons at reef temperature. if i were to keep them, ideally i would not exceed 26. just my opinion.

Wrought iron butterflies are one of the easiest butterflies.

feeding is not a problem, and these are all feeding on pellets already and are so healthy and inquisitive, they will greet you and nibble your fingers.

the only problem most people are afraid of is adaptation and shipping stress.

they can adapt to warmer temperatures but must be within reef tank temp, and IMO, best not to exceed 26. the temperature issue is quite debated in reef central but there are many people keeping interruptus and wrought irons at reef temperature. if i were to keep them, ideally i would not exceed 26. just my opinion.

Thanks for the good info :)

Really tempted with the price and the fact that it's feeding on pellets already...

But bringing down my tank temp to 26deg prob will cause my electric bill to shoot up...

Definitely create "war" at home with my wifey.... :evil:

Oh, I am keeping mostly LPS and Angels, Tangs...so my temp is kept at around 29deg :paiseh:

• SRC Member

LCK Japan Shipment Arrives.

Some pic previews:

3 x Wrought Iron Butterfly: 1 x 2.5", 2 x ~5"

2 Larger ones are feeding right out from bag and the smaller one is pecking.

DSC_0034.JPG

feeding on pellets.

DSC_0946.JPG

DSC_0944.JPG

the silvery scales:

DSC_0049.JPG

2.5" WI

DSC_0039.JPG

Requested by Digi: In a bag, see the size of it. abit enlarged in a bag.

DSC_0052.JPG

curious fish checking out my index.

DSC_0104.JPG

Requested by Lemon: Pecked Lemon's finger before it swims away. I was too slow in capturing it.

DSC_0996.JPG

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Dragon Eel from Japan.

DSC_0972.JPG

DSC_0985.JPG

DSC_0982.JPG

A new met friend, very nice gentleman, with fast hands and legs bagged it home.

DSC_0096.JPG

A still available beautiful Queen. Show size, about 1 feet long.

DSC_0011.JPG

the details and condition.

DSC_1000.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

• SRC Member

Requested by Sonny:

There was really moon cakes with drinks for us.

DSC_0061.JPG

Some pinch of spices in this thread:

no Chang-er to accompany us, however..

Accompanied by beautiful kids(unlike the father), I couldnt help it but take some pictures of these beautiful "livestocks".

To the owner of these kids, are these "livestocks" for sale?

handsome kid with big bright eyes

DSC_0075.JPG

A pretty girl texting her mum on how much money her father spent that day. She looked dead serious! :lol:

DSC_0080.JPG

Day ended well with nice moon cakes.

DSC_0066.JPG

• SRC Member

I'm not sure if this is back on sale again, do check with Steven if you are interested.

King Angel, show size, 1 ft long +/-, better view

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG