My First MH DIY Pic - soon..but....

reeflobang

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

icic..

then maybe u can go buy some cover paper that look like wood design and cover the wood.. u can find it in diy shop..

hmm use fan huh then u will suffer alot of water loss..

be prepare to get a auto water topp up or else u will be having headace topping up water..

and stress the LFS..

• SRC Member
icic..

then maybe u can go buy some cover paper that look like wood design and cover the wood.. u can find it in diy shop..

hmm use fan huh then u will suffer alot of water loss..

be prepare to get a auto water topp up or else u will be having headace topping up water..

and stress the LFS..

water evaporation may be something to cope with but I doubt the amount lost will have adverse effect on the parameters and hence stressing the animals. 2cents :peace:

• SRC Member

With MH. But this photo does not truley reflect the intensity of the MH as my camera was set to auto adjust mode. If both were on manual mode, the difference would have been obvious.. i think...

For the last 6 hours, the temp is still as per T5 - 28 degrees... hope this keeps up... :)

post-9-1072970452.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

IMPT FOR BLV USERS!!!! Reply from BLV - ALL 10K bulbs - NOT UV-shielded!!!!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 12 January 2004 20:21

To: PSD Group (E-Mail)

Subject: BLV DE 150 Watt - 10.000 K

Dear Mr. Norvin,

Thank you for your inquiry and your interest of our products.

All our standard products for 10.000 K are without UV-glass, the UV will be necessary for the Aquariums.

If you need for a special application 10.000 K - Lamps we are able to make a special production, but we need a minimum order quantity of 300 pcs.

We hope this information will be helpful for you, if you have any future questions please let me know.

Best regards

BLV Licht- und Vakuumtechnik GmbH

Gertraud Wagner

phone 0049 8094 906 142

fax 0049 8094 906 46 142

E-mail: gwagner@blv-licht.de

www.blv-licht.de

T

• SRC Member

The light fixture I got from Victron does not indicate any UV-protection. It only has some Italian words which roughly translates - do not use if cracked or damaged. Now talking to another lighting distributor who says he can has those fixtures with UV protection - both the ones shown in this thread and those round pendant types. Will post them once I have more information.

MY concern on the UV is towards potential harm to humans... more so as I have young kids at home that stares at the tank often...