Opinions pls - from those who saw my lighting..

Achilles Tang

Hi, quite a lot of you have been to my place to look at my reef tank.

As you know, I have successfully mixed Iwasaki 6500k bulbs with Ushio Blue bulbs together (without any banding)... and I must say that I am happy with the results personally.

The sakis' high PAR and brightness really gave a lot of growth to my SPS corals and the ushio blue serves to counter the saki's greenish-yellow colour... blending the overall look into... a pleasant white.

Just like to get some comments if you think that the 65k and blue bulbs combined gives you... a feeling that ... it looks good & natural... (as in full spectrum colours and not slanting into unnatural colours when viewing the reef)?

or.... none of the above. If so, pls give me your 2 cents worth.

I am asking this just to consider whether changing out my 6.5k bulbs to a 10k bulb would make my corals look better... I don't mind sacrificing growth due to the reduced PAR...(what an irony!).... for visually better colours.

The new Coralvue 10k bulbs are catching my eye... hehehe....

huh?? What's up with everyone today?? My question unclear?

I repeat, in simple language. :D

Do you like the colours of my reef under my combined 6500k and Ushio blues? or it can be better?

Well ......

Design wise ... very impressive with the roller :ooh:

Look wise .... very neat :D

Size wise .... very big bulb :yeah:

overall good ... good... good..... :fear:

*must always say good* :P

:D veri diplomatic reply.. !! :D

* clap..clap..*

• SRC Member
huh?? What's up with everyone today?? My question unclear?

I repeat, in simple language. :D

Do you like the colours of my reef under my combined 6500k and Ushio blues? or it can be better?

Hmm.... The probelm is I never own any 400w bulb

so how to comment?

But from the opnion of a layman

I think you tank is bright and clear enough

especially the blue.... not so blue yet can tell that it blue ... B)

*damn.. what the hell I am try to say*

Burp .... just came back from some beer :paiseh:

dino07.gif

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Hi, Think it's blend quite well... If I were u , I won't change to 10K cos find it's still abit yellowish and won;t make your SPS growth fater.. Rather stick to the old plan as long it's now working well.. just my 2 cents

AT,

Can post a picture on how your light fixture look like, so that for the less prilivage people like me who have not been to your house can "leow nwa" (drip saliva). hehehe

Thanks,

Patrick

Hehehe....

You can finally see it here!

• SRC Member
well...

I personally think its GREAT nice combination! but then! there is always room for improvement! dont give up experiencing better and nicer stuffs and different combinations! B)

just my honesty

Your combo of 6500k and 20000k is most preferred based on michael paletta's book. In fact quite a few books used the same photos by paletta in their books. Your current lighting combo is closest to the natural light.

I like your pictures in reefcentral as they are taken with reflection creating a "double impact", looks really nice.

• SRC Member

Your combo of 6500k and 20000k is most preferred based on michael paletta's book. In fact quite a few books used the same photos by paletta in their books. Your current lighting combo is closest to the natural light.

I like your pictures in reefcentral as they are taken with reflection creating a "double impact", looks really nice.

oh.. sorry AT, i didnt know that.. haha..cos i dont have those BIG BIG THICK THICK books about marine keeping in my house.. BUT then will get one soon.. thinking of.. :snore:

but then still got to improve.. i never believe that there is a limit to anything.. one mountain has another mountain higher than it... :)

just my honesty!