1.5ft nano

pauline

Have been running for ard a mth plus, only one casualty, which is the first zoa i bought from CF..

Using:- Red Sea Prizm skimmer

cheap hang on filter

Dymax colling fan

A tub of blue and white LED light bought from Henry

Livestocks:-

1) 2 clown fish

2) sixline wrasse ( MIA for 3 days le)

3) cleaner shrimp

4) turbo snail

5) hermit crab

6) 2 tubeworm

7) bubbles coral

8) 3 zoos

9) small frag of star polyps

10) 2 sun coral ( 1 orange 1 yellow)

11) 1 head rics

12) some mushrooms

Using ard 3kg of liverocks

post-15823-1233400813.jpg

equipments used

post-15823-1233401059.jpg

cleaner shrimp

post-15823-1233400777.jpg

Star Polyp frag

post-15823-1233400837.jpg

Mushroom

post-15823-1233400857.jpg

post-15823-1233401569.jpg

hammer

post-15823-1233400879.jpg

zoas

post-15823-1233400903.jpg

post-15823-1233400932.jpg

blue rics

post-15823-1233400963.jpg

bubble with cleaner shrimp

post-15823-1233400984.jpg

FT shot with blue light

post-15823-1233401018.jpg

All comments are welcome! :bow:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the while I thought the Redsea Prizm was a lot more compact, but it seems pretty huge on your 1.5 ft tank. How's the skimmer's performance? Any close up photos of the skimmate?

anyway bro, i think my tank is far compare to yours... still have alot to learn from u.... hope to get some comment from u

• SRC Member
anyway bro, i think my tank is far compare to yours... still have alot to learn from u.... hope to get some comment from u

Based on yr bioload, there's nothing much to be skim.

You can check out www.nano-reef.com, to see the monthly reef profiles to get some ideas to make yr tank more shui.

l7304smr.jpg

Hahaha.....finally get to see your tank pic......love those mushies.

Seems like theres still got room for few more gems.

Anyway eventhough its a 1.5 ft tank but overall look is nice..... :eyebrow:

haha... so i'm waiting 4 u to go together n hunt 4 some gems once ur tank is ready.... my tank is still far compare to some of the pro here, still got alot more to learn from them

Based on yr bioload, there's nothing much to be skim.

You can check out www.nano-reef.com, to see the monthly reef profiles to get some ideas to make yr tank more shui.

wow!! their nano really very shui!!! really have to steal some idea from them... haha

haha... so i'm waiting 4 u to go together n hunt 4 some gems once ur tank is ready.... my tank is still far compare to some of the pro here, still got alot more to learn from them

sure, will hutn together once my tank is ready....yap theres alot to learm from the pro here..

• SRC Member

nano tanks may be small, but it will definitely not lose out in terms of beauty.. bro peacemaker's office tank is a good example.. :lol:

first of all, nice rockscape because it makes ur tank look larger than a 1.5ft.. u have 1 pretty nice zoa as well, the blue ring one.. :)

oh since urs is a very nano tank, i would suggest seeking out the dead bodies of whatever lifestock that died, so that ur water will not be polluted.. (sixline are known to be bold, since u said it MIA for 3days, chances are high that it up lorry liao)

for nice zoas, u will need to get frags from reefers around.. alternative choice is to pay GO a visit haha.. happy reefing!

• SRC Member

Bro, my tank is beauty from far, far from beauty... when you see it in person, you'll know it has plenty of room for improvement. :paiseh:

Pauline, since yours is a nano, you might wanna request for mods to transfer your thread to the nano section? Btw, what do you keep in your hang-on filter?

nano tanks may be small, but it will definitely not lose out in terms of beauty.. bro peacemaker's office tank is a good example.. :lol:

first of all, nice rockscape because it makes ur tank look larger than a 1.5ft.. u have 1 pretty nice zoa as well, the blue ring one.. :)

oh since urs is a very nano tank, i would suggest seeking out the dead bodies of whatever lifestock that died, so that ur water will not be polluted.. (sixline are known to be bold, since u said it MIA for 3days, chances are high that it up lorry liao)

for nice zoas, u will need to get frags from reefers around.. alternative choice is to pay GO a visit haha.. happy reefing!

thank in advance... ya, trying to look out at pasar malam forum hoping to find some bro here selling.... actually i just went to GO today but cant able to find any.... is there any other place selling those nice nice zoo?? anyway i'm keeping track of my water parameter, maybe in another few days time, still cant c my six line, will have to carry everything out liao......

Bro, my tank is beauty from far, far from beauty... when you see it in person, you'll know it has plenty of room for improvement. :paiseh:

Pauline, since yours is a nano, you might wanna request for mods to transfer your thread to the nano section? Btw, what do you keep in your hang-on filter?

there r cabon, coral chip n wool in my filter... is that enough?? do i need anything else?? your tank was already very shui liao... anyway where u bought all your zoo?? really very very nice!!

anyway u already got a yellow out blue inner rics there gem there le

nt often seem haha

it nid more iodide dosing,y u label it blue ric startin i thought i colour blind...

haha.... i think i'm the one got colour blind.... ya, i will start to dose iodide, hope my hammer can recover from his orginal colour....

• SRC Member

hey pauline, nice to see u post ur tank thread up, looking good for a 1st timer definately

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• Senior Reefer
just to check with u, is iodide or iodine??

both also can. usually those iodine suppliment will contain both. its just different ionic form of iodine. iodine is I2, iodide is I- becareful with dosing. overdose will lead to algae bloom. follow the instructions :) nice blueish looking zoos.