nano tank

starfish123

• SRC Member

confused now. 'proper cycling' by lemonlemon says that doing water changes will be good for reducing NO3 :erm:

Bacteria need a food source to thrive. So why reduce no3 levels while cycling when ur cultivating those good bacteria? Hmmm water changes just before adding lifestocks and thereafter is what most normally do....

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

got a brain from a kind reefer just now and i think i got stung by it while handling it. anything i should do? apply medicine? or just let it heal? :ThanxSmiley:

If not inflamed or pain or anything after awhile then its ok... Anw try to prevent back of ur hands from touching corals as its more sensitive...:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• SRC Member

got a brain from a kind reefer just now and i think i got stung by it while handling it. anything i should do? apply medicine? or just let it heal? :ThanxSmiley:

Bro, you can try put on those transparent plastic bag act as a glove when handling lps. Brain do stung.

Just my two cents

---2Ft Cube by MarineLife---2008-2009

http://w w w.absolutereef . com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12369

Skimmer: Deltec APF600 feeder by Eheim 1250

Lighting: Solite 150MH 14k

Supplement: Giesemann T5 Razor, Actinic Plus ~22k

Top-up: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

Return: Eheim 1260

Reactor: Skimz FR Rowaphos

---------------------------------------------------------

---1.5Ft Cube by Iwarna---2010- ???

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95312-nano-15-cube/

Tank: 1.5Ft Cube,Sump with Chengai Wood Cabinate

skimmer: Reef Oct Nw110

Return: Eheim 1250

Chiller: Hailea HC150A with feeder Eheim Compact 1000

Reactor: Phosphan with Rowaphos

Lighting: MaxSpec G2 110w,DELighting T5 ATI*2,Giesemann T5 Razor ATI*2

WaveMaker: MP10 VorTech

Top Up : ATO with Tank

-------------------------Your Advice is my Success

• SRC Member

just got two clowns from sealife and another two corals from GO today. the clowns are not paired and they seem to be fighting although one is bigger than the other. anything i should do or should i just wait for the bigger one to become the female? also, one of my corals seem to be releasing mucus. is it norm? thanks for your advise. :groupwavereversed:

• SRC Member

think my clowns are fighting more than ever... or maybe they are just chasing each other... right now in a box. can call it a holding area. is it because they are too closely confined? going to release them tomorrow.bought two because wanted to only own clowns and some corals... uncle at sealife help me pair one...any advise?

• SRC Member

found a worm in my tank today. might be a fire worm or bristle worm. don't know because did not see it under light. any suggestions on how to kill it because every time i try to take it out or prod it with my chopstick, it just retreats back into the liverock. worried that it would kill my clowns so want to kill it immediately.:ThanxSmiley:

• SRC Member

my brian seems to be swelling. i don't know why but it is not because of the light as whether i on or off the lights, the brian still starts to swell. after swelling for around 2 hours, it will shrink to normal size.any experts can explain this? do note that there is a small tear in the tissue of the brain, so you can see its skeletonon the outer side of the brain. is this the reason of it swelling? or is the swelling norm? should i remove it? thanks for advise. :ThanxSmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

my brain rip liao. now it seems like its the frogspawn's turn.one of the heads seem to be dying. tentecles all disappear into it. want to frag it to save the rest. any suggestions on how to frag? do i just use a penknife and cut away the head, or do i need special equiptment? after cutting off the infected head, what must i do?first time fragging and i don't want to lose my frogspawn. :ThanxSmiley:

• SRC Member

bro, ur coral is dying, it should be time to check on your water for NO2 / NO3 / PO4 .....

btw, is your light T5 or PL? cause i dont see any T5 with 22w tube?

Temp for the tank now? with fan or chiller? Cause coral need lower temp...

Just a small reminder before any life is gone again. CHEER !!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

today added seachem matrix and now whole tank in trouble.skimmer bubbling too much,water cloudly and like got dust-like particles in it.is there anything that i can do??? or do i just wait for the water to clear? thanks for advise. :ThanxSmiley:

:cheers:

did u put the matrix into a filter bag and rinse with water first?

i'm using matrix n so far so good...rinse before using...otherwise, the dust from the carbon will scatter into yr tank

l7304smr.jpg

• 2 months later...