Newbie posting

sunny03

• SRC Member

Guys do you recently notice that there are a few newbie up post to around 20 then they start to post in Pasar Malam.... Maybe the admin should increase it to min 50 post before allow newbies to post in Pasar Malam

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

just a suggestion...

instead of allowing number of posts,

if its possible,

ensure new members who post in pasar malam to be at least actively involve for at least a few months here in this forum... B)

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

just a suggestion...

instead of allowing number of posts,

if its possible,

ensure new members who post in pasar malam to be at least actively involve for at least a few months here in this forum... B)

Hmmm, That is one way... Will let the other mods know... Thanks bro...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

if the min. post is increased to 50, 100 posts, we may get even more new members posting randomly to hit the required number of post. Logic is if I need to post :) on 100 threads to sell something on Pasar Malam, then I will just do :) 100 times.

IMO increasing the min. post will not alleviate the problem. I quite like kiko's idea, I define 'active' as posting a minimum of 2 posts everyday over a period 2 (or x number of) weeks?

• Like 1

i dun understand why need to have 20 post before posting in pasar malam. anyone can explain? :groupwavereversed:

From what I see in other forum, this is to prevent anyone from creating a temp account and postin sell/buy and then run off or disappear if something happens. Saw it quite often on some forums.

if the min. post is increased to 50, 100 posts, we may get even more new members posting randomly to hit the required number of post. Logic is if I need to post :) on 100 threads to sell something on Pasar Malam, then I will just do :) 100 times.

IMO increasing the min. post will not alleviate the problem. I quite like kiko's idea, I define 'active' as posting a minimum of 2 posts everyday over a period 2 (or x number of) weeks?

Ya, we are still testing out this system and will continue to work on it and improve it... we will take all suggestions into consideration but we have to see if the forum system allows us to do it anot..

Member of:

i dun understand why need to have 20 post before posting in pasar malam. anyone can explain? :groupwavereversed:

From what I see in other forum, this is to prevent anyone from creating a temp account and postin sell/buy and then run off or disappear if something happens. Saw it quite often on some forums.

what do u mean by 'if somethin happens'? do u mean if the thing that they are selling spoils or dies then they can just dissappear? :cheers:

To prevent scammers, reseller and etc..

Member of:

• SRC Member

I think it's difficult to prevent... For me, I think the mods and the rest of us cannot be NANNY to everyone. Most of us buy/sell things based on Price, Reputation as well as personal experience. Like for instance, most of us will not buy expensive stuffs without inspecting it.

EVen if we have all the pre-caution in place, you may still buy "lemons" or you may be plain unlucky.

A lot of these sellers, they are probably those who doesn't post but may be surfing SRC for years. When it's time to decom, i don't see why they should be penalised just because of their inactivity. Just let them sell, end of the day, the price, condition of the equipment will determine if it's good deal.

I think it's difficult to prevent... For me, I think the mods and the rest of us cannot be NANNY to everyone. Most of us buy/sell things based on Price, Reputation as well as personal experience. Like for instance, most of us will not buy expensive stuffs without inspecting it.

EVen if we have all the pre-caution in place, you may still buy "lemons" or you may be plain unlucky.

A lot of these sellers, they are probably those who doesn't post but may be surfing SRC for years. When it's time to decom, i don't see why they should be penalised just because of their inactivity. Just let them sell, end of the day, the price, condition of the equipment will determine if it's good deal.

Hi Leslie, Point noted that is why I thought kiko's idea might be a good one... It depends on the date they join rather than the post counting...

Member of:

• SRC Member

Hi Leslie, Point noted that is why I thought kiko's idea might be a good one... It depends on the date they join rather than the post counting...

Yeah, Terry I think Kiko's idea is quite good.. but my point is why bother to restrict them from selling? Does it mean if someone sell and then next day they quit SRC we do not welcome them? Also, even if they are new, doesn't mean the products they sell is no good. We are not talking abt LFS or Mass sales, Bulk buy etc afterall. So it's really a willing seller, willing buyer situation.

Yeah, Terry I think Kiko's idea is quite good.. but my point is why bother to restrict them from selling? Does it mean if someone sell and then next day they quit SRC we do not welcome them? Also, even if they are new, doesn't mean the products they sell is no good. We are not talking abt LFS or Mass sales, Bulk buy etc afterall. So it's really a willing seller, willing buyer situation.

Becos we notice that sgreef have became a platform for ppl to sell stuffs rather than sharing.. of course, in the course if can curb resellers and commercial seller.. our idea here is to promote more sharing instead of making use if the forum as a selling post.. we are still testing this out if it doesn't work out and cause more trouble for us, we will do without it.

Member of:

• SRC Member

The seller has to post pictures of what he is selling- whether it is equipment or livestocks....should not penalise based on seniority or number of posts. Being a long time member of SRC doesn't mean anything. We have some long time members whose reputable is so bad, still hanging around....sorry, i do not mean to be critical / offensive. Just want to reinforce my perspective.

And i think we should scrap the bidding system.

• Like 1
l7304smr.jpg

The seller has to post pictures of what he is selling- whether it is equipment or livestocks....should not penalise based on seniority or number of posts. Being a long time member of SRC doesn't mean anything. We have some long time members whose reputable is so bad, still hanging around....sorry, i do not mean to be critical / offensive. Just want to reinforce my perspective.

And i think we should scrap the bidding system.

At least something constructive from you.. lol.. just joking, no offence... lol..

I do agree with you.. But the reliability of the seller is another matter all together, our intent is not to show that senior member are more reliable, pasar malam is a privilege to have, some hobby forum dun even have pasar malam forum, it is a plain sharing forum.. We just hope that the new member will contribute to the forum by posting some constructive posting before they are able to use the pasar malam.. we can always take away the whole pasar malam thread but I dun think we have to go that far just to garner some constructive posting from new members..

Member of:

then can do without the pasar malam and only have swop shop so that everything will be cashless to prevent scammers or only let ppl with a certain no. of reputation points to sell things.

Like I said, we dun wan to go so far just to garner some constructive posting from new members... the rep is not a good gauge.. we can always get our frens to up our rep.. and for singapore, sgreef is so far the best place to post for selling and buying.

Member of:

• SRC Member

At least something constructive from you.. lol.. just joking, no offence... lol..

I do agree with you.. But the reliability of the seller is another matter all together, our intent is not to show that senior member are more reliable, pasar malam is a privilege to have, some hobby forum dun even have pasar malam forum, it is a plain sharing forum.. We just hope that the new member will contribute to the forum by posting some constructive posting before they are able to use the pasar malam.. we can always take away the whole pasar malam thread but I dun think we have to go that far just to garner some constructive posting from new members..

haha...

there's a limit to what mods can do in pasar malam end of the day...SRC may want to have a disclaimer so that the forum does not get involved if there r frauds or police case.

l7304smr.jpg

haha...

there's a limit to what mods can do in pasar malam end of the day...SRC may want to have a disclaimer so that the forum does not get involved if there r frauds or police case.

Yeah, that is why, there is limit on what we can do... I think we have a disclaimer on it, Need to check with Larry..

Member of:

• SRC Member

Becos we notice that sgreef have became a platform for ppl to sell stuffs rather than sharing.. of course, in the course if can curb resellers and commercial seller.. our idea here is to promote more sharing instead of making use if the forum as a selling post.. we are still testing this out if it doesn't work out and cause more trouble for us, we will do without it.

How effective would this be? I notice genuine newbies asking questions and most of the times the questions are replied by other newbies themselves.. to be honest senior reefers and mods most of the time do not participate in giving constructive ideas as well...

would love to see more sharing of information but unfortunately i doubt we can impose a hard and fast rule on this.. of cos we can have some preventive measure but to reach the goal of sharing i think we are seriously lacking..

and i agree with Ah Siang's comment on posting pictures.. technology is pretty advance nowadays and posting pictures normally would not harm.. i'm sure we would like to avoid another 10inch black tang issue again.. :whistle

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...