Do u guys keep STARFISH?

• SRC Member

u might want to list what u bought.. so that ppl can help u on it.. some starfish is happy to glaze on algae..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

ok, i got myself

1 starfish normal ones

1 dwarf lion fish

corals (dunno the types)

today i am going sea life to get more corals and fishes... so was wondering what kind of fishes can i mixed together with.. my dwarf lionfish is about 5cm, so i think still okie to keep other fishes like clown fishes rite? <_<

• SRC Member

souphamster

u mentioned in another thread that ur tank is only 2 days old right? u hv to wait as the nitrogen cycle gonna start

cycle3.gif

a newly setup tank wouldn't hv enuf bacteria to break down the ammonia, no2 and no3 produced from the fish waste :o

• SRC Member

i thk u better DUN go Sealife today to get anymore livestocks :o 2 days old only and u r trying to jam your aquarium with more fishes and corals. u will be killing them eventually even if you are using the best bacteria in the world.

dun be a statistics like someone else :blink:

You are cycling your tank? Then what happens to your lion and star fishie? I think you don't have to cycle your tank with live fish, just throw in 2 dead prawns and wait for ammonia to spike. You also shouldn't add corals as an uncycled tank would probably kill them. Add only live rocks to cycle together with the tank.

Why all the venom? Reefing is just a hobby, dude.

Too many things to learn for me.. definatly surely something will go wrong, but then, if u dun make mistake, you never learn rite? :P

Sorry to bust your chops souphamster, but I, as well as many forumers would rather you learn by reading and understanding, instead of experimentation.

These are fish and corals we're talking, so please don't take this the wrong way, we're trying to help. :)

• SRC Member

Quick, bring it back to the shop n exchange for something else - get something that costs more (this way the uncle will oblige), act like you will buy something more expensive later maybe lights but haven't made up your mind yet.

Don't have to buy any fish, maybe fish food or magnetic glass cleaner, since u r still cycling your tank.

Be patient, souphamster, even if money is no object. Some corals we just can't keep. I saw a beautiful blue sponge a few days ago - costs just RM30, cheap for that size. But I can't have it, because mine is a small tank n everywhere is bright because I use MH, a strong light n the sponge just can't stand strong light - it will die. It's not the money but I feel responsible for killing it n waht's more if it dies in the tank it may affect other corals.

Keep reading n ask q - we are all learning. So many sifu here and so generous to share.