Disappointment

Andrew

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, have anyone seen the inside of the Pacific Coo and reef relief?? No, Yes? don't jump to conclusion its copy version leh (part copy Part). ;) The casing same doesn't mean everything same inside hor. If you ask me, I'm so honored to have seen both from the outside and inside, don't ask me why. :rolleyes:

There are reasons why I choose and support the chiller I bought (Pacific Coo), maybe the chiller I promote got commission?!? (no personal attack, just a joke) :lol:

Copyrights? Hahaha, isn't all chiller system the same (Teco, Hailee, resun Pacific Coo)? may have only slight difference to make it more efficient. Compressor --> Condenser --> Filter Dryer --> TEV --> Heat exchanger. Wondering what I study is it wrong a not, no leh, very simple system, why so many brands? :rolleyes:

I think maybe Teco copy resun, resun copy atman, atman copy Pacific Coo and Pacific Coo copy Reef relief Hahah what a joke...... :nc:

Just my view. No offence.

• SRC Member
Hey, have anyone seen the inside of the Pacific Coo and reef relief?? No, Yes? don't jump to conclusion its copy version leh (part copy Part). ;) The casing same doesn't mean everything same inside hor. If you ask me, I'm so honored to have seen both from the outside and inside, don't ask me why. :rolleyes:

There are reasons why I choose and support the chiller I bought (Pacific Coo), maybe the chiller I promote got commission?!? (no personal attack, just a joke) :lol:

Copyrights? Hahaha, isn't all chiller system the same (Teco, Hailee, resun Pacific Coo)? may have only slight difference to make it more efficient. Compressor --> Condenser --> Filter Dryer --> TEV --> Heat exchanger. Wondering what I study is it wrong a not, no leh, very simple system, why so many brands? :rolleyes:

I think maybe Teco copy resun, resun copy atman, atman copy Pacific Coo and Pacific Coo copy Reef relief Hahah what a joke...... :nc:

Just my view. No offence.

u could get a Mont Blanc pen for $1 dollar if u say that, original cost minimum $150...... same mah, got ink , got laquer, got small star on top.......lolssss :lol:

Oh yeah Teco travel from the west (everything expensive, maybe branded name), Resun from the east (cheaper, labour cheaper, parts cheaper), local make brands trying to sell to earn a living. When opening up all brands chiller, even teco chiller looks the same from the inside with a malaysian make chiller.

Compressor different brand also same lah, all compressor is to compress the freon gas only mah, if well maintain, all compressor can last. But of course becareful, if 1.1HP chiller, make sure is 1.1HP lah. Buy a 1.1HP chiller and ends up only a 1/3HP compressor only.....

Yellow Tang,

Precisely!! So which is the better clone? :lol:

Is my Tunze Stream a clone of my Reeftec (because the Reeftec came out first?)? :lol: And the Reeftec is a clone of a boat propeller!

I recommend Streams as the better clone then! And I don't own Tunze either! ;) (How I wish!!)

This argument on which chillers are better could never end and therefore should be based on common sense and personal experiences and opinions as well other user's input & feedback. Better still if there are professional two cents added in!

You're a marine engineer and so's Dr Chill who is an engineer in a big commercial air-conditioning company which cools nuclear submarines (oops! Did I say too much?).

I base my recommendations on my limited experience using Titanium chillers and Teco chillers and getting feedback from users who have tried EIDOS, Hailea, Resun and the many other 'clones' & 'clones of clones' chillers!

In this Andrew's friend's case... I didn't even SAY that Pacific Coo's chillers were bad!! *shrug* :huh:

• SRC Member

I think most of the reefers here are mature enough to understand that if there are sarcastics comments by plankton members and it's their only one posting, it's nothing but a cheap shot to get back at people....

In Andrew's case, we are not bothered by such losers... seriously, I think people who can't take or share opinions are missing a lot in life... so ignore him...

He's not even replying to any of these....

Yellow Tang,

Precisely!! So which is the better clone? :lol:

Is my Tunze Stream a clone of my Reeftec (because the Reeftec came out first?)? :lol: And the Reeftec is a clone of a boat propeller!

I recommend Streams as the better clone then! And I don't own Tunze either! ;) (How I wish!!)

This argument on which chillers are better could never end and therefore should be based on common sense and personal experiences and opinions as well other user's input & feedback. Better still if there are professional two cents added in!

You're a marine engineer and so's Dr Chill who is an engineer in a big commercial air-conditioning company which cools nuclear submarines (oops! Did I say too much?).

I base my recommendations on my limited experience using Titanium chillers and Teco chillers and getting feedback from users who have tried EIDOS, Hailea, Resun and the many other 'clones' & 'clones of clones' chillers!

In this Andrew's friend's case... I didn't even SAY that Pacific Coo's chillers were bad!! *shrug* :huh:

All the chillers in the market uses the same basic principle of chiller system or even air con system onboard air craft carrier whether nuclear a not is the same, all you need is to understand the basic system.

Onboard big ships, the air con system uses centralise cooling system, where freon gas is used to chill fresh water to as low as 8 degrees, in return this chill water is used as a chilling medium for AHU-Air Handling Unit to chill the air onboard big ships. Is there a difference to you? no mah, its only the compressor bigger, condenser bigger, piping bigger and longer. Unless someone invented a new system, differs from the basic principle and another company copies it, then its a clone

The message I want to bring across is, the different brands in the market uses the same system, so no difference at all, their system is to chill, thats is all.

YT,

The message I want to bring across is, the different brands in the market uses the same system, so no difference at all, their system is to chill, thats is all.

While your above statement about chillers is generally true...there are differences which even the layman can tell.

If not, how can even the layman differentiate the appeal & performance of one design against another? ;)

FYI, I was just having a chat with the boss of CF yesterday, and he didnt have good things to say about the (now defunct) EIDOS chillers. It was a design thing. It was badly designed thus creating a lot of problems. (ps - I have no vendetta against the EIDOS creators).

Anyway... we can discuss our opinions on different chillers somewhere else and not go :off: because this thread started by Andrew is directly addressed to me.

I really hope he has the guts to show up and explain himself because its my reputation he's trying to discredit.

• SRC Member

Personal view. All chillers are the same in workings. A deviation of the air con unit. Works in the same way. All design are similar. so dont feel there is such thing as a copy as everyone copy everyone else. only violate copyright if the product/design is patented. and only in the country of patent. A chiller design is nothing new as it is the same as the home air con in working. just instead of the exchanger cooling air it is cooling water.

As for the look, I believe the housing the RR is using is comercially available so I am not surprise that the two look similar. If talking bout look, isnt the RR a copy of the Teco 1hp as they look similar??

So it does not matter the brand, just the parts used and the support they provide and the quality of production and parts used. R&D will determine how efficent and reliable a product is but lets face the fact, the market here is to small for a local chiller to have much R&D except for the maker's personal effort.

Just like a mount blanc pen can write, so can parker. parker might not be as branded or high end but they achieve the same thing. If a person can afford mont blabc then good for him but I personaly would rather buy a V5 for 2 bucks as it does the same thing and maybe writes even better!! Just my 2cts worth

• SRC Member

aiyah, I think its a simple case of ego, this andrew fella must have been the "beacon of light" to his friend and prob had a bit of ego involved as such. the "oh just do this and that, that's what I did and look at my tank now, the pride of singapore, malaysia and some say batam". so when AT told his frends conflicting stuff, it must have been a blow to his fragile ego when his fren trotted back and told him so. hahahahhaa..... its moments like this that this becomes very apt......

PRESENTING......

(Courtesy of terryansimon)....

post-11-1074398213.gif

• SRC Member

for all u might know, the fella might have changed his forlorn nick and is now a regular at SRC learning :P i really doubt that he would have the guts to answer back in this thread <_< after the 'drumming' that AT gave him :lol:

anyway, Andrew, or is your new nick Murphy... have fun in SRC... :peace:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

bro hoppinghippos, nice one :bow::bow:

While your above statement about chillers is generally true...there are differences which even the layman can tell.

If not, how can even the layman differentiate the appeal & performance of one design against another?

I disagree with YT. On the drawing board, all chillers are the same.

The use the same method to cool etc etc.

But in realility, there are many variable factors involve, such as

quality of building materials, workers (ie worksmanship), QC process

etc etc .... :rolleyes: even down to the semi-conductors on the board

there are a difference. Main thing is you are paying for quality of goods.

Cheers

Zephyros :peace:

• SRC Member
If you don't respond within another two days...I will call Deon and get hold of your caucasian friend to clarify things... would you like that?

Think he got the message liao...

Show some grace...let sleeping dogs lie? :rolleyes:

We trust that you are the one and only AT aka Conrad CHS... :P

Hail lo Lord AT... :bow:

Am I cooking curry again? :rolleyes:

Hope it is more palatable as I go... :lol::lol::lol:

Flub,

If I want to be mean... I would have banned his account.. traced his IP and ban his other accounts as well. And then some.

I'm just giving him a chance to explain himself.... if its a misunderstanding or miscommunication between his friend and himself... I'll let it go. But don't take it out on me. He dragged my good name thru the mud.... don't forget that.

I like to also know how his brain works... because I'm gonna pick up human psychology 101.... ;) and then attempt to please EVERYONE... which I can't. :rolleyes:

I just think its quite spineless to set up an account to come here and shoot off once and disappear....

So Andrew... prove me wrong and explain yourself.

AT

• SRC Member
oops... I just put my foot into my mouth... :paiseh:

yup...must be tough...integrity at stake and I understand that... :)

Just dun worry your brain cells over it too much...we need you to run the forum... :lol::P

Yeah AT orc boss, you have few hundred other reefers in support of you... why bother with a single spineless one?

With regards to multiple accounts, AT, shouldn't you consider a ban on those? I am not that Net-savvy, but is there anyway to stop people from creating duplicate accounts using the same e-maila ccount? For a start, is that possible?

• SRC Member

Yeah AT orc boss, you have few hundred other reefers in support of you... why bother with a single spineless one?

With regards to multiple accounts, AT, shouldn't you consider a ban on those? I am not that Net-savvy, but is there anyway to stop people from creating duplicate accounts using the same e-maila ccount? For a start, is that possible?

Smart people wont create duplicate account with the same email address. But we can keep track using IP address. Ofcourse most of us use dynamic IP which changes.

Its possible to prevent user creating multiple accounts with the same email address.

• SRC Member

Guys you are missing something :o .... I have used and own Teco, Atman and Hailea chillers One thing for sure is that Dr Chill's Reef Relief has the best PROVEN Service & Support. You need anything, juz give a call to Dr Chill and you get your problems solved at your door step! THE REST OF THE BRANDS.....................THE REPLY IS ALWAYS THA SAME: "LET ME SEE, WE WILL HAVE TO DO THIS AND THAT AND BRONG THE CHILLER TO ME .....%^%%^% AND THAT WILL BE $150".

I believe non of the LFS is up to the service level expect for when you paid BIG $. :) Having Reef Relief is what make this hobby affortable. :)

I guess I'll get a lot of HIT from my commends, but what the HACK........prove me wrong if you can, else SHUT UP & PISS OFF:peace: :P:P:D:P:D

:off: Max :shock::eyebrow: