nano tank

starfish123

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

doing fine now have settled down now at a nice location that i can view instead at the back where it was hidden a week ago

..feeding mysis 2times a week when i feed the fishes with it... other days it is just pellets for my fishes. will upload photo when got the means to.

• SRC Member

doing fine now have settled down now at a nice location that i can view instead at the back where it was hidden a week ago

..feeding mysis 2times a week when i feed the fishes with it... other days it is just pellets for my fishes. will upload photo when got the means to.

great! in my tank it kept moving for a week too... now i got 2 wavemakers in my big tank im thinking twice if i should get a RBTA...

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

very nice tank. How long have u been reefing?, may i ask how old u are? im a kid too, im 12

cheers :cheers:

Thanks for yr compliments. Will answer yr first question. Not wise of me to put my age here. Lol

Hv been reefing for abt 2yrs and i can say that i did not regret my time spent on reefing.

• SRC Member
Thanks for yr compliments. Will answer yr first question. Not wise of me to put my age here. Lol Hv been reefing for abt 2yrs and i can say that i did not regret my time spent on reefing.
Age does not matter, most important that we enjoy the "learn to reef"journey. Time to update your tank, waiting for new updates in your thread.

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Quick question. How do i frag xenia? Appreciate if someone could advise me b4 these fast growers grows over my zoos.

For me, I use a stainless steel scraper, if u dun hv, use penknife also can but they rust easy. Slowly slice the base of the xenia off the rock it is attach to. Careful not to damage the tissue of the xenia. Once u slice a stem of xenia, stick the base of xenia to frag plug or piece of small lr using superglue gel. Another easier way is to use scissor to cut any stem off. Stick to plug or LR using superglue gel. The area when u cut off will usually heal & grow back really fast. If u dun wan it to grow there( too near to ur other zoas or corals ), the area where u cut off, scrap off the remaining base of the xenia. It works for me, hope it does for u. Cheers.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Try this

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png