any free lifestock???

stash

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

With a heading like tat, Asking for trouble!! ke ke.... :ph34r::ph34r:

But I have a coral banded shrimp, pink lobster, yellow belly to give away if you interested! ke ke B)

But like they say, must let us know why u need free stuff and the condition of your tank. Is Student/NS men, must provide prove!! ke ke.... :lol:

• SRC Member
With a heading like tat, Asking for trouble!! ke ke.... :ph34r::ph34r:

But I have a coral banded shrimp, pink lobster, yellow belly to give away if you interested! ke ke B)

But like they say, must let us know why u need free stuff and the condition of your tank. Is Student/NS men, must provide prove!! ke ke.... :lol:

pink lobster? .. Any pic? Is it the same as my purple lobster? Those furry kind? was thinking of getting another one..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

Why should there be flame?

:angry:

Asking for FREE item is not going to HARM anyone. <_<

at least it is better than those that 'Pretend' want to buy, then bargain hard. then condemn the seller stuff, and end-up just MIA aka fly aeroplane the seller.

In life , I believed there are many occasions that one ask for free/exchange for stuff. so why can't this be in reef keeping?

I also believed that many of the experience reefers (irregardless of wealth) do ask for free/exchange among their personal friends.

If this is a post from someone who is new to keeping reef, then there should be more information exchange rather than flaming!

sorrie :off:

Why should there be flame?

:angry:

Asking for FREE item is not going to HARM anyone. <_<

at least it is better than those that 'Pretend' want to buy, then bargain hard. then condemn the seller stuff, and end-up just MIA aka fly aeroplane the seller.

In life , I believed there are many occasions that one ask for free/exchange for stuff. so why can't this be in reef keeping?

I also believed that many of the experience reefers (irregardless of wealth) do ask for free/exchange among their personal friends.

If this is a post from someone who is new to keeping reef, then there should be more information exchange rather than flaming!

sorrie :off:

No one is flaming anyone here. The mood is rather cordial in fact. :)

Interesting point you brought up... but asking for free things would generally indicate, though not necessarily true:

1. The reefer is experienced, has good equipment & skills but broke.

2. The reefer is a newbie and too broke for livestock.

Bearing in mind that GENERALLY:

Experienced reefers have good husbandry skills, good knowledge, a proper setup & equipment.

Newbie reefers probably have poorer husbandry skills, inadequate equipment & setup, poor knowledge of marine livestock's compatibility, housing and feeding requirements and lack experience.

Bearing in mind that:

That the free livestock will suited for ANY sort of tank... and would the FREE livestock therefore have:

1. Large tanks (to cope with large FREE livestock)

2. FOWLR tanks (to cope with non-reefsafe FREE livestock)

3. Excellent filtration systems (to cope with increased metabolic wastes of predatory FREE livestock)

4. Many tanks (to cope with species-only FREE livestock)

5. Tank with good lights and chiller (to cope with FREE livestock with such needs)

6. A kreisel tank (to cope with FREE jellyfish livestock)

If you got a FREE shark, triggerfish, jellyfish, buttefly fish, sea horses, large tang, chocolate chip starfish and anemone.... what should we expect from your ability to take care of them? :rolleyes:

Remember our motto - Responsible Reefkeeping. :angel:

If it applies to you, ask yourself if you're ready to take care of what's going to land in your tank... free or not.

If I get a free Leafy Sea Dragon, I'll probably have to spend $5k for the perfect setup just for it and spend a lot of time and stress myself over its upkeep! Where's the savings?

Peace.... :peace:

• SRC Member

then maybe we can have another forum call give away.. hehe...

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

New Year so cant flame, torch or burn someone. plus have to be nice, rite? :)

Plus i tok to senior so cant flame him. :D

JUZ KIDDING!!!

Anyway i think that you should specify why you want the good for.

But I have nothing to give you.

So, good luck in finding a freebie, k, senior?

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!!! :peace:

• SRC Member
hmm.. tis guy so lucky.. last time ask for thing then kena scolding liao .. haiz.. times change .. 2004 all become good person instead of flaming at him , u all provide thing for him.. haha!

:lol:

There are more constructive comments and information now, than just those equally hopeless condemn and flame comments.

:lol:

perhaps those waiting to see this post turned into a flaming one will be very disappointed. :D