Calling Angel lover's

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Glad you like the 2 Type of Angel. Wanted to add another Large Angel but still cannot decide which one ? LOL ...
Conspiccc bro.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Glad you like the 2 Type of Angel.

Wanted to add another Large Angel but still cannot decide which one ? LOL ...

For me, I would choose French or blue ring..Coz this 2 angels body r round..emperor n Blueface r long..

Btw bro, I can't find ur tank specs..wanted to read more about ur FOWLR setup..cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

My Japanese angelfish pair doing their things...... :wub::wub::wub: Apologies for the poor pic qualities as I have to use flash non stop as all all my lights were off
Nice!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

For me, I would choose French or blue ring..Coz this 2 angels body r round..emperor n Blueface r long..

Btw bro, I can't find ur tank specs..wanted to read more about ur FOWLR setup..cheers

Bro.. So Sorry.

Firstly, I am one of the rare lazy reefer here so my Tank Specs is unknown to me.

I paid and the whole system is set up by AquaTechnic about 4 years back.

It came with Corals etc but I convert it to FOWLR about 1 year ago by giving away all my corals to neighbour.

What I do know is that it is a 4 X 2 X 2 ...

I am so lazy that I am not the one who does the water change.. LOL

Secondly, you are the 3rd person this week to ask me to get French.

Why ah ? My neighbour says it looks like a black pomfret .. LOL ... "Nice Meh??"

I also trying to digest what he ask .... Hmmm ....

• SRC Member
Thanks, trying to see if I can get the full process in video.
Bro nice pics and super nice interuptus pair! Btw are there any discernible difference between the male and female besides size?

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Care to share why ? Pretty Expensive ya ...

Hmm, firstly of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But for me conspic has this understated beauty about it. Just take a look at this LA pic.

post-19676-0-23352700-1388448896.jpg

Yep I agree with u its expensive so maybe a little hard to swallow.

Talking about swallow, how about instead of one large angel since you hv two le, get a harem of swallowtail angels or its genicanthus friends? The interaction between them would be fun to watch. And u get 3-4 fishes instead of just one lol.

Well if all not suitable, a regal angel will never go wrong :)

Btw French angel is very pretty. U cant find pomfrets with specks of gold on the body. Grey angels yes look abit like pomfret but certainly not French!

Bro nice pics and super nice interuptus pair! Btw are there any discernible difference between the male and female besides size?

Yes, in term of difference between male and female, Interruptus show the most exceptional among centropyge aka dwarf angel. Male develop more pronouced blue throughout the head to the body while female has a more orangey face. Furthermore, male develop more blue on the end of dorsal and anal fins similar to those of flame angel.

Hmm, firstly of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But for me conspic has this understated beauty about it. Just take a look at this LA pic.

attachicon.gifp-80638-conspic.jpg

Yep I agree with u its expensive so maybe a little hard to swallow.

Talking about swallow, how about instead of one large angel since you hv two le, get a harem of swallowtail angels or its genicanthus friends? The interaction between them would be fun to watch. And u get 3-4 fishes instead of just one lol.

Well if all not suitable, a regal angel will never go wrong :)

Btw French angel is very pretty. U cant find pomfrets with specks of gold on the body. Grey angels yes look abit like pomfret but certainly not French!

The beauty of conspics lies in the luminous edge of its fins then again its not a fish that a reefer who prefers colorful angel like those of Regal or Emperor who want to keep. IMO, conspic give a lasting look while emperor and regal gives just a wow factor on initial glance.

• SRC Member
Yes, in term of difference between male and female, Interruptus show the most exceptional among centropyge aka dwarf angel. Male develop more pronouced blue throughout the head to the body while female has a more orangey face. Furthermore, male develop more blue on the end of dorsal and anal fins similar to those of flame angel.
Cool I read it somewhere as well but now its confirmed by you who's keeping a pair sucessfully. Thanks for the info!