Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

Thanks for the chaser.

Observations after using full LED:

1. Encountered bleaching on prata, cynarina and chalice.

2. Chili pepper monti color up.

3. Zoas, cloves, etc corals loved the LEDs.

4. Clams colored up.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Coming to hardware, here's my take:

1. Build quality

I am happy with both quality.

2. Ease of operation

For AI, only a single button to control over the set whereas radion uses 3 sensor buttons which may be sensitive at times and I have to refer to manual to recall the operating modes. Therefore, I will give my vote to AI.

3. Mounting

For AI, the official rails are of good quality but price is on the high side. However, there are DIY options available but need time to source for the right fittings. The DIY options also applies to radion. Good thing is when you buy yr radion from Iwarna, they have already thought of the mounting issue and provide DIY mounting. The mounting from radion seems more secured and safer as compared to AI unless the official rails are used. Hence my vote goes to radion.

4. Accessories

For AI, the official rails seems to allow many combinations whereas the radion has simple mounting kits. Therefore my vote goes to AI.

I will like to add factors likes design, price, and maintenance:

5. Design

Personally I like AI design. It is simple and one thing I find it better than radion was its fan. It's fan is located on the heat sink and face away from the saltwater. This is different from radion where the fan is facing the saltwater. For radion, encountered faulty fan after one year and seems to be a common issue among radion users locally. Hence with that, my vote goes to AI.

6. Maintenance:

Had some issue with AI and brought to RD who opened and fixed it immediately. Had the opportunity to see the internal components which is very modular and allows individual to carry out self maintenance with ease. For radion, it seems to be more complex after knowing how the fan was being replaced. Vote goes to AI.

7. Price:

Base on RSP, the price of one radion is equivalent to almost 2 AI vega. Price and coverage wise, my vote will go to AI.

8. Performance:

Exclaimer: my radion set has passed one year. In terms of even spread, I find radion wins. However for penetration, based on the shimmering effect, AI Vega seems to be better(maybe because it is newer). Performance, happy on both since I am using both which compensate each other.

9. LEDs & Wattage

Think wattage wise, AI consumed less energy but this is due to lesser LEDs being used.

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Coming to software, I will condense them together. For AI, the operation and programming are rather straight forward. Due to my old school, I still prefer AI wireless controller and guided operation and programming. For those more adventurous and seeking more customization, radion is the one. For me who is lazy to studying in details and hook up to pc to do programming, my vote goes to AI.

Algae Scrubbler

Lastly, support.... Agent of AI is reef depot which they seldom fail me. Price may be slightly premium but it is meant for premium services. One thing good is for reefing equipment, should there be breakdown, they usually will take parts from new equipment and replace them for you. Failing which, they will loan you a set till you got back your own set. Unlike some lfses here which adopted collective shipment to send faulty equipment back to principal to repair. This may take weeks to months and the warranty still runs concurrently. Worst is absence of your reefing equipment. Just imagine yr tank without light, skimmer, etc. For radion, the agent is pacifica. Not much dealing with them but rather disappointed on the upgrade option for radion g1 to g2. Till now, nothing heard for exchange program........encountered some waiting times on the fan replacement then, lucky I have spare lightset to pull through the period. Will try to upload the photos of my tank with AI vega.

Algae Scrubbler

:score: Fair and detailed review. :thumbsup:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Good review... For me i havent used the AI before but like my g1 radion w TIR n now changing to pro... So far so good... <br /><br />Anyway regarding the 3 buttons, it can actually be disabled by going into the ecosmart app... All other programing can be done via a simple usb link to ur pc/laptop... <br /><br />Hope this helps...

:: just a noob ::

Ya, I also waited for weeks to get my fan replaced for my radion. Disappointed. Luckily I also have my spare lights.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Thanks for the chaser.

Observations after using full LED:

1. Encountered bleaching on prata, cynarina and chalice.

2. Chili pepper monti color up.

3. Zoas, cloves, etc corals loved the LEDs.

4. Clams colored up.

No before / after pics? :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Reviving this thread instead of creating a new one. For reefers who are using AI VEGA color LED and keeping SPS, what are your light settings? I am asking this because it cannot seem to reveal the true Purple/violet colors of my SPS with my current setting. Is anyone noticing the same? Can you share your setting that show the true purple/violet color of your SPS?

To solve this, Im thinking of ordering the upgrade power pucks to have violet, UV, , deep blue, royal blue and warm or neutral white and eliminate red and green. Does anyone have any experience with the upgrade pucks? How did it change the color of your tank/SPS?

Thank you to all who will be able to contribute to this query.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Reviving this thread instead of creating a new one. For reefers who are using AI VEGA color LED and keeping SPS, what are your light settings? I am asking this because it cannot seem to reveal the true Purple/violet colors of my SPS with my current setting. Is anyone noticing the same? Can you share your setting that show the true purple/violet color of your SPS?

To solve this, Im thinking of ordering the upgrade power pucks to have violet, UV, , deep blue, royal blue and warm or neutral white and eliminate red and green. Does anyone have any experience with the upgrade pucks? How did it change the color of your tank/SPS?

maybe u can pm dd directly? when i just got my set, received a pm from seet of dd after posting a question on forum about light settings. (top notch service ehh)

personally still new so no experience on sps but the settings suggested in the pm is as follows:

"Some tips for a mix reef tank,i would opt for a 14kk look ,

lower down the blues (ALL) to 70% and lower the reds,CW to 58% you will see a slightly pinkish look ."

On another note, i was looking for this thread as i am wondering if the other AI users have problem with taking photo in blue light or not ar? mine always cannot capture the colour of the zoas nicely.....be it using iphone or dslr..

To solve this, Im thinking of ordering the upgrade power pucks to have violet, UV, , deep blue, royal blue and warm or neutral white and eliminate red and green. Does anyone have any experience with the upgrade pucks?  How did it change the color of your tank/SPS?

Try posting your query on the DD asia sponsor thread and Tony from dd uk will be able to advice you further on this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2