Some guy kissed my ass

SpiderOne

• SRC Member
ou just endangered the lifes of all parties in the two cars and probably any other 3rd parties on the rd as well. For example what if another bikes crash into the cabby after it crashed into you and the bikers gets hurt or worst lost his life? So who caused the accident?

Cab driver.

I dont see how it could be me. As i have tapped my brake lights so many times. to let him know im "slowing down" and he just refuses and decides to tailgate at 90kmh.

I will go to court. i will testify. and i will feel sorry for the motorbikers family that their poor son/husband had to have the bad luck of meeting with an irresponsible cab driver on the road. And maybe the cabbys family can collect welfare while hes in prison. Justice has been done.

I might as well go kill someone for fun. and tell the court i got a family to feed pls dun send me to jail and help me make it look like an accident and someone else is to blame. Same Thing. You do the crime. U live with the consequences.

Slowing down with sufficient prior signalling of intention is not against the law. maybe i wanted to filter off. i was in the centre lane.

Who knows? Only Me. Im not part of the old school generation. My conscience does not have to be clear to be satisfied

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Gun me? more like I'll be the one gunning the taxi

thats 3th world mentality.

2 wrongs doesn't make 1 right.

no one is defending the taxi driver so no need to tell us the actions or reaction of the taxi driver or his passengers. u bang me, i bang you back. you step on my toes, i step you back. how many steps forward is that for our society?

think u confused justice with revenge.

if i was like that. i would slow down . go behind and start tailgating him. But for all you know. And i so suspect. that guy is going to do exactly what i did. and get money off me.

• SRC Member

spidey, my objective view is that you are a dangerous driver who treats his car as an extension of his ego. just how far are you willing to go? do you have any control over yourself? if you can't even control your own emotions how do you expect to control a car? 2 wrongs don't make a right. just cuz the cabbie is a piece of shit (everyone inclu. me prob has tons of shitty cabbie stories), doesn't warrant what you did. do you know just how damn dangerous a car can be? do you know how easy it is to get serious injuries or be killed by a car? do you know how fast 90KPH is? in the car, as a driver, 90KPH is peanuts, the world moves quickly by, ho hum, but multiply this speed with the mass of the car, do you know just how much momentum the car carries? a car out of control at 90KPH is one big bloody bullet, primed to kill, easily, mercilessly. all it takes is a slight tap in a certain angle to make you fish tail or something and hey, all your anger's gone in a hurry.

I can't believe you braked, had an accident major enuff to damage your boots not just your bumper, and still have anger left to let out on this forum! and I can't believe there are forumers who condone this! I"ve been driving every single day for the last 4 1/2 years and I"ve had my fair share of lousy drivers, but everytime I get an accident (not many at all thankfully) I always leave the scene with quaking hands, why, cuz I get reminded everytime just how fragile we are encased in a metal death cage that we take for granted is indestructible.

it doesn't matter who's fault it is, it doesn't matter how pitiful the taxi driver's situation at home, whatever excuses he may have. the pt still remains: you CAN"T use your car as a weapon to vent your anger and boost your ego. there's a fine line btwn showing displeasure thru things like flashing your lights, slowing down like crazy, drawing alongside and staring damn hard at him, etc (which i do alot) and things like braking deliberately to CAUSE an accident, esp at 90 KPH. does that make you feel better? now you're da man? you showed him who's boss? all the time forking out $$ from your own pocket for repairs and elevated insurance costs? its hard to see from my pt of view who's really the loser.

needless to say, you're prob gg to come up with some "Who cares, I"ll kill the bugger, he asked for it anyway, hey I"m just a 19 yr old driver, etc etc" self justifying crap that you've been saying so far in response to the rest, so all this is wasted on you, but at the very least, the next time you wanna pull a stunt like this, think of the consequences when it spins out of control. esp since you had your own personal experience with your dad being injured, shouldn't you know by now just how deadly a car can be? how would you feel if the driver who knocked down your dad was unrepentant and took pleasure in knocking him down thinking your dad had earlier on swerved into his path, road hogged, etc etc? what if he tot hey that bugger got his just desserts, too bad it was only slight injuries, if he had a chance again, he'll.... etc etc? As ugly as all these sound, that's exactly what you did to the taxi driver. not only did you cause the accident, but here you are, cursing him and his family. well hey congrats, I"m impressed.

• SRC Member

Sigh I still cant believe u naive people...Cant u all do math? Have u heard of self-defence??? Dont u all, who are happily gunning Spidey down for his actions (I already said it is not advisable behaviour, even though it seemed like the last thing he could do), realise it was the CABBIE who was the one who created all this tension in the first place????

Its like someone coming up to u with a knife, swinging it in yr direction, trying to kill u!!! U guys said it was a life-threatening incident, so dont go back on yr words and say its a different situation, cause it is the same, of equal magnitude...So if the guy does not succeed in killing u but u managed to grab hold of a stick and break his arm, who would be in the right???? THINK PEOPLE THINK!!! Where have yr heads gone?

This is not about being jury for the day u know? Wat Spidey is trying to say is he met up with the typical irresponsible CABBY and to remind people, and from his damages, I would jolly well say Spidey had his just deserts when he realised his boot was screwed. But hell, I'd say he just made a point to the bloody CABBY! Who knows, the stupid CABBY just might think twice about doing such a silly thing in future, and hopefully his equally screwed up colleagues hear of it and think twice themselves on the road??? (All being BIG FAT HOPE of cos...I dont have much faith in the human spirit - we only learn thru experience, not hearsay...)

• SRC Member

having someone tailgating me is life-threatening(ok, ok, its prob not, but imagine the worst). but the last thing i can do to that, to further endanger my life(and others' life, if i can be bothered in the 1st place) is to delibrately brake thus causing more damage. out of spite, i must add. thats hardly a solution to a life threatening situation, imho.

wedgee, u seems to have missed the important point that we're trying to make. we're not bothered about who is the one who started the tension. no one is on the cabbie's side.

there are times when we, even as adults do foolish.gungho things out of anger/spite/madness. these things happen. but after that, regrets come in. should i have done that? what if i caused this to happen. what if i caused that to happen. if only i didn't do that, all this wouldn't have happened. we should go home and :paiseh: . not come onto a forum and :whistle about how stylo milo u were. how u had taught that fellow a lesson, how he better learn not to mess with you.

after all this, i think lets leave this topic at that. i supposed everyone had already decided whether it is, or its not a right thing to do. to some, i say: see u on the road mate, drive safe. to others, u should stick to computer games or carting at escape theme park.

• SRC Member

Yeah i guess its pointless to carry on this topic - we have talked abt how reckless CABS are and also Spidey's risk-taking actions, so lets all take note, and please please please all the drivers out there, DO NOT FOLLOW BEHIND CABS and give them MAXIMUM CLEARANCE, cause they only have one thing on their minds, to snatch up the nearest customer and get him to his destination ASAP, the rest (safety, courtesy, rules) do not apply to him!!!!

PEACE (sorry if i offended anyone - glad we all spoke our minds ;) )

• SRC Member

as you can see. the meat of my topic starting post is preceeded with a "a gentle reminder"

From the moment i hit the brake. Till Now. THis very second. I have Absolutely no idea what else i could have done other than what i did. Dont get me wrong but i tried everything else i could think of and this counterattack was a last resort. I tried that brake light tap technique . was thought to me by the guy who gave me my licence. 10 seconds before he gave me my licence and after his "slow down before puddles if ppl bang into you its their problem" speech . I couldnt change lane. as i was going off on the next exit . i couldnt go faster as i was already at the speed limit . He just kept at it thinking it was a fun game. Fun for him. Not quite so fun for me. Having a family to feed is no excuse for not taking any action against a road bully like this.At least i can console myself with the fact that he has much to ruminate over as he goes on his way and maybe next time he decides to do something foolish and life threatening like that. he will think twice. And spare the nerves of some other anxious newbie out there. Someone with less driving skills than me (at least $500 on initial D 2nd and 3rd stage) would probably have done something much more drastic either intentionally or not. Im glad it was me.

What would u have done.

Hoppinghippos. Im glad your impressed. I know i could type a paragraph of self justifying crap. But its 2am and im going to sleep. so unlike every single other of my posts here. Im going to post whats on my mind.

you are Spineless. Remember to call the police next time someone tries to steal your lunch money at work or you could die of anorexia. Or hide under the table to prevent ugly confrontations which could lead to possible permanent brain damage/death . And next time u leave ur house remember to look in all directions. some kid holding a bucket of bricks might be running around outside your door about to crash into you at any time.

needless to say, you're prob gg to come up with some "Who cares, I"ll kill the bugger, he asked for it anyway, hey I"m just a 19 yr old driver, etc etc"

Hey . i've been trying really really hard not to type out something as stupid and immature as that. give me some credit man. Im not used to acting mature but i feel im doing a pretty good job :)

People who know me well in real life here.( quite a few ). can tell u im a nice peaceful easy going guy man. so dont bring out the worst in me. it makes me feel icky inside.

Yeah i guess its pointless to carry on this topic - we have talked abt how reckless CABS are and also Spidey's risk-taking actions, so lets all take note, and please please please all the drivers out there, DO NOT FOLLOW BEHIND CABS and give them MAXIMUM CLEARANCE, cause they only have one thing on their minds, to snatch up the nearest customer and get him to his destination ASAP, the rest (safety, courtesy, rules) do not apply to him!!!!

PEACE (sorry if i offended anyone - glad we all spoke our minds ;) )

Reminds me of the game I play at the arcades... called "Crazy Taxi"!!!

:lol: Running over pedestrians, crashing into cars, driving up stairs, along sidewalks, over parks and against traffic just to deliver the abusive passengers to their destinations before the time runs out! :D

Sigh... if only people can learn to give way. I hear people are so much nice overseas (and I don't mean Asia).

Is our hectic way of life here in busy Singapore making us a pack of impatient, ruthless animals?

If only we can install those LED signboards at the back of the white cars that accompany the Ministers.

I got close once (actually about 2 car lengths away) and this red LED signboard at the rear window flashed something like "Warning: Please back away - you are too close"

I half-expected a secret service man to point a MP5 submachine gun at me! :D Hmmm... sounds like a good idea for 'defensive driving!' LOL!

AT

AT...you still go to arcades!? Can't tell sia.... :D

I tried Initial D at CNY day 2.... Woah cool man.... but I can only win the 1st car.... its a really expensive game man! Played 2 rounds!

its oki...

I have my fair share of situations during my driving.

Almost fight with lorry driver, tailgate from Tampines to Yishun. ultimate champion who reverse and bang into my front.

Always get the other party particulars.. regardless..

Recently few days before CNY, I kenna scarp by a

Nissan drove by a gal. I ask for compensation from the

gal, and she has has to pool her resources from her female passengers..

After awhile you know the damages to claim n settle on the spot, or claim against his insurance.

Taxi driver is one of the worst driver. They always try to do things shortcut n rush for time. Only way they are not rushing is on the prowl for passengers.

• SRC Member

ermmm didn't spidey just TAP on his brakes and not jam brake... im sure if the cabby was alert enough, which most of them arn't, would have backed off as well....

tapping the brakes would not slow the car down as much as the engine brake applied at the time he took his foot of the accelerator i rekon... :erm:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
as you can see. the meat of my topic starting post is preceeded with a "a gentle reminder"

From the moment i hit the brake. Till Now. THis very second. I have Absolutely no idea what else i could have done other than what i did. Dont get me wrong but i tried everything else i could think of and this counterattack was a last resort. I tried that brake light tap technique . was thought to me by the guy who gave me my licence. 10 seconds before he gave me my licence and after his "slow down before puddles if ppl bang into you its their problem" speech . I couldnt change lane. as i was going off on the next exit . i couldnt go faster as i was already at the speed limit . He just kept at it thinking it was a fun game. Fun for him. Not quite so fun for me. Having a family to feed is no excuse for not taking any action against a road bully like this.At least i can console myself with the fact that he has much to ruminate over as he goes on his way and maybe next time he decides to do something foolish and life threatening like that. he will think twice. And spare the nerves of some other anxious newbie out there. Someone with less driving skills than me (at least $500 on initial D 2nd and 3rd stage) would probably have done something much more drastic either intentionally or not. Im glad it was me.

What would u have done.

Hoppinghippos. Im glad your impressed. I know i could type a paragraph of self justifying crap. But its 2am and im going to sleep. so unlike every single other of my posts here. Im going to post whats on my mind.

you are Spineless. Remember to call the police next time someone tries to steal your lunch money at work or you could die of anorexia. Or hide under the table to prevent ugly confrontations which could lead to possible permanent brain damage/death . And next time u leave ur house remember to look in all directions. some kid holding a bucket of bricks might be running around outside your door about to crash into you at any time.

Hey . i've been trying really really hard not to type out something as stupid and immature as that. give me some credit man. Im not used to acting mature but i feel im doing a pretty good job :)

People who know me well in real life here.( quite a few ). can tell u im a nice peaceful easy going guy man. so dont bring out the worst in me. it makes me feel icky inside.

spidy, ok so now your excuse is you had no choice? you HAD to keep to your lane, exit coming up etc, taxi refused to back off, etc, so you had NO choice but to brake to let him bang you? donno where you learnt driving from but hey whatever pleases you. but one thing tho, you could have simply changed lane and let him pass, after all you had a long long time to do so as you have so narrated, no need to wait till your exit comes up.

incidentally tho, nothing to do with you spidy but I think one way we could counter such pple is to simply take the foot off the pedal and let the car slow down gradually by itself, so there'll be enuff time for the driver behind to react, and we could just let it slow down all the way to as much as we want, even to say <20KPH or something, and let the fella behind stew for a long time before speeding up and driving off, if he tailgates again, just repeat. after a while he'll tire of tailgating. this could be safer then playing with brake lights cuz sometimes even when we mean to merely tap the brakes, we may accidentally brake harder then intended causing accidents. another way is to change lane, let the guy overtake, then get behind him, maintain safe distance and let your lights high beam into his eyes all the way. bit more dangerous, now you have to be careful to his jamming of brakes.

And I think its unneccessary to insult/curse me in any way. anyhow I"m not interested in insulting you back. I may be spineless but at least I"m still alive.

And I agree with the rest, whatever's to be said has been said, so 'nuff said. ;)