Alternative to anemones

maKo

• SRC Member

Are there alternatives to anemones for the purpose of hosting clownfishes? I know that clownfishes do not really need a "waterbed" in order to do well in an aquarium, but its nice to watch them frolicking in the tentacles, don't you think?

I heard clowns also host in some other tentacled corals that don't move around the place, can someone here please enlighten me...thanks!

• SRC Member

My clown used to host my button until i think it kinda died... doesn't open up anymore and well... looks 'dead' with sometime only a few open up... i removed it.... now it's hosting my torch... nice to watch.. but when i off the lights and when i 1st on the lights my clown will start disturbing them again... sometimes i dunno whether torch like it or not..

• SRC Member
My clown used to host my button until i think it kinda died... doesn't open up anymore and well... looks 'dead' with sometime only a few open up... i removed it.... now it's hosting my torch... nice to watch.. but when i off the lights and when i 1st on the lights my clown will start disturbing them again... sometimes i dunno whether torch like it or not..

I dun think any corals will like it.. but well.. ;)

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
try fake anemone. saw once in a lfs,sorry cant remember where.

huh.. how to make fake anemones? Use agar agar isit.. :lol:

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member

Wow...now I'm overwhelmed with too many choices!! Summary:

-hammer

-torch

-brain

-button

-plate

-toadstool leather

-&FAKE ANEMONE - why didn't i think of that :P

Thanks guys.

So when the lights go off the poor clown will have to sleep on the bed without its matress! :lol:

• SRC Member
My clowns are hosting the hammer.

Imagine.....orange and black perc clowns against luminous green hammers...... ;)

hahha :lol::whistle

anyway my false clown which was with me for the last 3~4 months dun need any "waterbed" but suddenly it use my jewel as its bed.. :o have remove it to my sump as it keep disturbing my gonipora...

post-7-1075952437.jpg

hahha :lol::whistle

anyway my false clown which was with me for the last 3~4 months dun need any "waterbed" but suddenly it use my jewel as its bed.. :o have remove it to my sump as it keep disturbing my gonipora...

remove the clown to sump..? poor thing bo..?

maybe let go for adoption.

• SRC Member

wah.. didn't know anemones so brave.. they may be immune to the sting but probably not 'immune' to getting eaten right?

:whistle

Is this at nite or kanna makan liao? :blink:

saw the big 'bone' at the side..remind you of StarWars Jabba the Hut Rancor dungeon????? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

:D:D That Guy loves irritating my elephant ear(a night shot) ...currently adoptd by a fellow reefer....he is too big for my elephant ear to eat anyway :lol::lol:

Basically, clownfishes are pretty adaptable, I removed all of them as I was not able to provide an anemone for them, they end up rubbing against corals like bubbles <_<