Return of the 4th 2ft

fatbike

• SRC Member

Poor starfish

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

Thx guys, Er current using canon 7D,some earlier photos using canon 600D but looks the same to me, as for lens, I'm not too welling to spend over $1000 to get proper macro lens, lol I jus buy a $10 macro filter n jus do shooting, cheap cheap, btw the filter comes in many sizes, so guys do head down to funan or simlim w ur cam, cos since u already got a cam n a tank, it's always nice to keep some shots at a low price, And o ya, hope 1 day they can come out w mysis or pellet train shrimp, seriously 3starfish in 2weeks also no joke

• SRC Member

Thx guys, Er current using canon 7D,some earlier photos using canon 600D but looks the same to me, as for lens, I'm not too welling to spend over $1000 to get proper macro lens, lol I jus buy a $10 macro filter n jus do shooting, cheap cheap, btw the filter comes in many sizes, so guys do head down to funan or simlim w ur cam, cos since u already got a cam n a tank, it's always nice to keep some shots at a low price, And o ya, hope 1 day they can come out w mysis or pellet train shrimp, seriously 3starfish in 2weeks also no joke

Heard from senior reefer before he keep a few starfishs in the sump and rotate them to feed his shrimps. Chop off one of the star leg and let it grow back again. Save money yes but cruel too

• SRC Member
very nice 2ft :thumbsup:
Many thx bro
Heard from senior reefer before he keep a few starfishs in the sump and rotate them to feed his shrimps. Chop off one of the star leg and let it grow back again. Save money yes but cruel too
Wa bro, this idea is really great, many stars wud had been spared if more reefers do it this way, many thx bro

Nice photography skills.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Again come the everyday fishes, btw any1 noe how come this black clown changed from brown to black in 1 week aft I bought them? Haiz tot brown look kind of woody n retro, 1.5 month w me, fish noob here, thxPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It was a black and white clown fish to begin with. There's no real brown clown. You just bought it at a time when the young brown clown was transitioning to the adult black. :)

• Like 1

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member
It was a black and white clown fish to begin with. There's no real brown clown. You just bought it at a time when the young brown clown was transitioning to the adult black. :)
Wa!!!! Speechless, thx alot bro, ai yo, and I thought how come got new type of clown, as I bought these after I cycled my tank n that's like 1-2years since I last shop for fish, lol Thx bro

• SRC Member
Awesome tank pack with beautiful zoas!! Thumbs up on your photography skill, really good and sharp!!
Thx bro
Nice looking :thumbsup: hope to see more nice pix :groupwavereversed:
Sure bro, keeping the tank alive dis time, lol
nice shots. really capture the moment. sure spent alot of time just waiting for the precise moment. love it
Ar!! Ya abit, u should've seen me wait when I go for birding shots, lol

• SRC Member
beautiful shots care to share cam settings?
Hi bro, 1st thing 1st, were u the reefer whom used to trade Zoas with a guy who stay near American school at woodlands n like to trade downstairs? Just asking, Alrite, the settings 1st, ISO at least 1000-1600 depending on lights,try not to hit near 3200, 2nd, F stop(aperture) go to the lowest(2.8-4) if shooting fish, 3rd, most important is ur white balance, go to the custom mode n tune all the way to 8k-10k.(more natural) Then the dats it, wait for metering, heehee But if doing macro(close up), F stop at least f8-f12, These r my usual settings

• SRC Member

Thx broSure bro, keeping the tank alive dis time, lolAr!! Ya abit, u should've seen me wait when I go for birding shots, lol

Bro u do birding? Where u go? I used to also. Can go together next time.

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

• SRC Member

Heehee bro, yup,birding at pungol b4 my 2nd son was born, now got 3rd boy already!!! too old n too busy to do birding... Dats y set up tank n start to do shooting at home, guess birding for me is at bird park in future... Haiz... Miss the days I went birding.... Didn't noe u do birding too!!! Gotta bluff wife that I Ict to sneak out afew days to go birding, kidding lol

Hi bro, 1st thing 1st, were u the reefer whom used to trade Zoas with a guy who stay near American school at woodlands n like to trade downstairs? Just asking, Alrite, the settings 1st, ISO at least 1000-1600 depending on lights,try not to hit near 3200, 2nd, F stop(aperture) go to the lowest(2.8-4) if shooting fish, 3rd, most important is ur white balance, go to the custom mode n tune all the way to 8k-10k.(more natural) Then the dats it, wait for metering, heehee But if doing macro(close up), F stop at least f8-f12, These r my usual settings

hi bro

i guess you mix up identity as i dont keep zoa and usually ask buyer to view before committing

using pns(s95), not dslr, TV mode, ss 1/125

will play with the settings, maybe iso to 800

thanks for the tips