Lemon's 2013 new build

yikai

Lemon is easily the most popular young reefer here.

Hope you can handle the high expectations of your new project from all the reefers here.

It's all the way now..

towards the promised reef paradise of

Lemon Lemon.

Cheers

YT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Senior Reefer
Which unit you serving?
I'm a combat medic at 3SIR. Battalion ORD already and I'm sent bsck to HQ and there's nothing to do now. My unit is a ghost town until next intake in march nxt yr.

• Senior Reefer

Bro, any light on your toys and directions of this tank?

Suffocating from the anticipation.

i will do a proper update tomorrow haha.

water + sands + rocks tomorrow.

toys as in equipment? that's my least excited part of the set up haha. i don't care for equipments. but i will update nonetheless tomorrow.

• Senior Reefer

Some updates for today.

for those who requested to know the equipments that are running this tank,

2x Eheim 1264 return

1x Tunze 6065

1x Tunze 6085

1x Deltec SC2560

Lights will come next week perhaps, and since i used a CR for my previous tank, i'm thinking of trying a dosing pump this time for additive maintenance instead.

• Senior Reefer

Rocks are already placed and scaped. The 2.5ft width isn't as big as my 3.5 and poses alot of restrictions for the play of dimensions. i could not achieve a similar effect as with my previous tank. nonetheless i'm ok with it and will update a picture tonight when the water becomes clearer. my sump has an inbuilt refugium too, a small one, and it has miracle mud for the substrate. pictures later when water clears as well.

having lost a whole list of rare dottybacks and wrasses in my previous tank, i decided to try to the best of my abilities, removing as many unwanted pests as i could with the rocks. i am not a believer in killing rocks completely to white, but i do promote some sort of pest removal for all live rock.

i did a simple 30 minute soak in fresh water. this isn't fool proof, but it gets rid of the bigger critters. very small ones deep in the rocks may be unaffected but those shouldn't pose as much of a problem as the ones that do die from the dip.

i had multiple bobbit and bristle worms, some quite big.

a few crabs

a pistol shrimp

a mantis shrimp

some parasitic isopods

all a big no in a reeftank especially with smaller fish that frequent the rockwork.

post-0-0-13139200-1376790123_thumb.png

• Senior Reefer

woah thats scary! bobbit and mantis are the worst..

yes.

in my previous tank i was heartbroken on a regular basis whenever my small fish disappear for no reason. when i decommed i found a 9 inch bobbit worm and a 2.5 inch hairy crab.