Blacklisted LFS

• SRC Member
I think Sealife is ok. But pdts a bit ex.

i thk Sealife LS is one of the healthiest ard S'pore after visiting some LFS these past few weeks :P u are paying quality LS at a higher price...instead of paying lower price for some sick fish

but attitude wise...hehehe :sick: no comment :sick: except tat his bro is helpful

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Just my opinion, the fat half-###### man at LCK is called "Tiny"! Is that cute enough? He's got an attitude for people who ask ridiculous questions and for huge discounts, but he is really knowledgeable, and not restrcited to marine. Found him quite fun to talk with. He doesn't just want to sell things, he sees if you need them. Ah Tan in Sealife is nice to chat to and give good prices. Sam is ok...the young boy (Sam's son?) takes every opportunity to sell you unnecessary things. The young, "blond" girl just learning but also quite nice. Both shops' LF are quite healthy.

Fairywrasse, since you got automatic discount at Rainbow, maybe you can organise a trip there for us? I already kana kertoh once before. Now very scare of the place.

I think (marine) therefore I am

LCK fat man sucks....make comment like ...my things here definitely more ex than outside , you dont want to buy many others want to buy.How to run business like this?Even though it is true but you should not say so mah.It makes a customer feel like a fool even they want to buy from you.I agree the other two is good.Even though they have to charge you higher at times,they make you feel good.

As for Sealife......Tan is helpful....the ###### girl though dont know much but at least helpful and will not smoke u when she doesnt know.

The sam kid i refer to is his son.....little knowledge but just want you to buy products......starting from the most ex to the cheapest...though this is business but most at least do it in the wise way mah......his altitude is like buy this....oh this cannot ah ?then buy this....starting from the highest.

As for Sam....he is very knowledgable.....even though his things is more ex then others slightly,you wont mind paying for that little bit more for his knowledge.

• SRC Member

ai yo... tell u wat.. the ###### girl got come to forum one lei.. wait she kill u all.. ha ha ha..

she's nice , i always ask her lots of questions and feedback the prices are ex so on.. ... she also never complaint much.. quite good and friendly.. good attitude, doesnt give u that kind of dun buy dun touch attiude, so i dun mind paying a few dollars more.. :)

i have been to this Harlequin twice, i dun deny the set up and the way they place their corals nicely and healthy, But then, the bosses are rather unfriendly sort(no offend).They are like hack care about customers, maybe they are busy at the moment i was there. :erm:

anyway, the price there are not cheap either.. . ...

• SRC Member
ai yo... tell u wat.. the ###### girl got come to forum one lei.. wait she kill u all.. ha ha ha..

she's nice , i always ask her lots of questions and feedback the prices are ex so on.. ... she also never complaint much.. quite good and friendly.. good attitude, doesnt give u that kind of dun buy dun touch attiude, so i dun mind paying a few dollars more.. :)

i have been to this Harlequin twice, i dun deny the set up and the way they place their corals nicely and healthy, But then, the bosses are rather unfriendly sort(no offend).They are like hack care about customers, maybe they are busy at the moment i was there. :erm:

anyway, the price there are not cheap either.. . ...

Yeah, I agree that the girl at Sealife is very friendly and cheerful, not like Sam. It makes for a better shopping experience. She once quoted me a lower price for a piece of coral, but later Sam said she quoted wrong price, but gave she gave me the lower price anyways.

I think Harlequin has 3 bosses. 2 are not so cheerful, but the shorter and and more built one is quite nice. Prices there are not cheap, but they quarantie their fish before placing in the main tanks, so that improves the survivability of the livestock.

• SRC Member
dodo,

For LS, have u can try coralfarm? i m quite impressed how they handle their LS. IMO, they r better than sealife.

yup...went there on Wed :D very impressive and clean setup...actually saw them throwing away sick/dead fishes even though those fishes are grasping for their last breath...their thinking is tat sick fishes may pass the sick virus to other fishes :o

but CF is h*** out of way...middle of nowhere....like wat Prof Morgan says :yeah: ...if dun have car...i can 4get going there again :snore:

but Sealife remains a place accessible by public transport.... :blink: both location offers good knowledge...but CF IMO offers slightly better LS

I am jus saying Sealife is better on the whole perspectives...accessiblities/prices/knowledge etc for poor people like me who dun own any personal transport :nc::(

• SRC Member

mi also poor... can debate if marine keeping is for rich people ? he he he..

i am in ns some more.. worst case.. after CNY, maybe going to jb to buy ps2 games in order to make me divert my attention for my tank to get stable and not getting more fishes from LFS. Never ending story for marine fish keeping, that is why 'keep' here, refers to keep buying.. hee

• SRC Member
I think Harlequin has 3 bosses. 2 are not so cheerful, but the shorter and and more built one is quite nice. Prices there are not cheap, but they quarantie their fish before placing in the main tanks, so that improves the survivability of the livestock.

Harlequin I think only got one boss.. Ace, the other is Joe and another with cap one is bob.. Joe and Bob helps around.. Ace is the boss.. They will be quite helpful if you ask them..

I remember when I was at LCK, I pointed out to the fat old man (tiny) that all his 5 pieces of 'donut'/meat corals were completely bleached... as in they were completely transparent or white. And he said... "No lah! It's very rare species, comes in once in a blue moon!" He kept insisting that I was wrong. Oh well... I went back again that weekend with Morgan and Morgan said the same thing to him... and again "That is not bleached corals.... those are white colour meat corals!".

Some people should just keep to unpacking LS and cleaning up the place.

For the old man at LCK you must know how to handle him lah! just let him voice his thoughts then agree and walk away. I know him and BAC quite well. BAC is okay but tell you guys the true, he do not give good discount, I have already spend thousand of dollars at his place still selling me at list price. I was sales engineer ok! Try to sell me royal gamma at $25 when hong leong sell at $18. Anyway still can be friends ! but check out price first before going there.

clams are cheap (usually). corals (ex). fish (siao siao). I will be going after CNY to LCK and coralfarm.

• SRC Member
any idea where to get a Ehiem 2213 at e best price/better price??

Clementi. But forget whats is the block number liaoz ...... It is a fish shop that sells tropical fishes + equipment. It is always pack with pple as their item are reasonably cheap.

erm ........... how to descirbe further ..... there is a famous claypot rice stall at the coffeeshop just besides this fish shop.

But when you are there, look for the lady boss (Thin and short lady wif a shoulder length permed hair). She is more willing to give further discount as compared to the boss and the rest .....

dino07.gif

junlover, you can try Pet Provision for Eheim stuff... I got my 2028 cheaper than market rate there... and the bosses there are real friendly :D www.petprovision.com

Chris, if anyone is going there.... can let me know lor hehe... but most of the time I just go there talk to my fren and see see only.... coz their marine live stock not much anyway.... there is one super aggressive trigger there though... anyone ever seen it? I put my hand near, it keeps wanting to bite me, showing off it's teeth! :blink: then it even tries to jump out of the tank when I put something over it.... crazy fish!

• SRC Member

Clementi. But forget whats is the block number liaoz ...... It is a fish shop that sells tropical fishes + equipment. It is always pack with pple as their item are reasonably cheap.

erm ........... how to descirbe further ..... there is a famous claypot rice stall at the coffeeshop just besides this fish shop.

But when you are there, look for the lady boss (Thin and short lady wif a shoulder length permed hair). She is more willing to give further discount as compared to the boss and the rest .....

You are referring to clementi 328... they HAD been rather cheap, but nowadays their stuffs are getting more expensive... do have knowledge of prices before you go.... :unsure:

• SRC Member

You are referring to clementi 328... they HAD been rather cheap, but nowadays their stuffs are getting more expensive... do have knowledge of prices before you go.... :unsure:

I normally call them up to check the price. Tel: 67778468, and remember, only approach the lady boss and no one esle.

dino07.gif

actuali rainbow is juz like a MNC as compared 2 mayb those smaller lfs? ;)

so its quite natural tt their prices r higher 4 certain products? wat ur payin 4 is actuali like their "brand name" - the image, the trust and the likes?

its juz like y pple are willing 2 fork out more $$$ 4 levis jeans as compared 2 another jeans which can b bought @ those small boutiques?

as its quite big it got its own advantage lah...

:angel::angel::angel:

actuali rainbow is juz like a MNC as compared 2 mayb those smaller lfs? ;)

so its quite natural tt their prices r higher 4 certain products? wat ur payin 4 is actuali like their "brand name" - the image, the trust and the likes?

its juz like y pple are willing 2 fork out more $$$ 4 levis jeans as compared 2 another jeans which can b bought @ those small boutiques?

as its quite big it got its own advantage lah...

:angel::angel::angel:

Actually, Polarie, regarding your 'branding' argument, be it the shop name, or Live Stock (LS) will not stand very well;

Ra--b-w is famous for charging ridiculous prices for their LS (marine at least, not sure about the rest)

If you are referring to LS, as far as we know, they're all the same :nc:

Well, I have the same feeling initially whenI went to harlequin, but after the 2nd time impression changed 1005. Ace is the boss Bob and Joe help in the shop. They are all hobbyists and they are extremely friendly and knowlegeable. As in all relationship, youneed to break the ice. Buying life stocks, unlike other products, do not havea fixed price. For instances live seafood and arts pieces.

Cheers