Best type of pellet food

Quas111

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Update: im currently using new era pellet foods and hikari crab cuisine. The crustaceans love the hikari food and nearly all my fish other than a damsel ate new era from the first time it entered the tank

• SRC Member

Using 8$ small pellet from iwarna ( 1 small container ) and all my fish love it lol. But my fish is only blue and yellow tang, true percula, 2banggai , yellow coris and melanurus wrasse

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

I Like Ocean Nutrition Pellets.Thier high in protein..My Anthias Hate others pellets except That..Dainichi Is Another good food..My Anthias Colour Becomes Nicer When fed With this 2 pellets...Another Good Food is New Life spectrum..Thera A Pellets Really Good ~~Happy Reefing :)

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

That's a rather new brand to me. I have never heard of it before. How is it?

This is not a new brand. It is not as widely and commonly speak of but ingredient pretty promising

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

• 2 weeks later...

I never believe in just replying on a single brand of pellet as you do want your fishes to have a widest variety of nutrition as possible as well as not over replying on a single type. I also agree with what bro FUEL have said, "Good pellet food does not come cheap" and so I just take the more expensive products of the shelf and combine them together. Currently, I am feeding my fishes with a combination of Danichii, Fauna Marine's "Ultra Health", 2 sizes of TDO, Dr. Bassler's Forte and Chlorella, NLS and lastly New Era Algae grazer with Fauna Marine's Ultra Health by far being the most expensive.

The various dwarf angel pairs or harems I have kept before all spawn on regular basis and I believe largely due to the food I am feeding to them.

• SRC Member

Not sure if it only happens to me, while feeding my fishes with ocean nutrition my yellow and blue tang colour actually seems faded.

But it begin to colour up nicely when i stop ocean nutrition to replace with NLS and dainichi.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Not sure if it only happens to me, while feeding my fishes with ocean nutrition my yellow and blue tang colour actually seems faded.

But it begin to colour up nicely when i stop ocean nutrition to replace with NLS and dainichi.

Rather normal, as I have seen many reefers having same issues with ON food. Imagine having a yellow tang that is not yellow and a flame angel just orange and with no tint of red. That is why I did not include this feed into my pellet mixture if you notice. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• SRC Member

Rather normal, as I have seen many reefers having same issues with ON food. Imagine having a yellow tang that is not yellow and a flame angel just orange and with no tint of red. That is why I did not include this feed into my pellet mixture if you notice. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Heng ah so i'm not the only one with that problem haha. It's really quite saddening when you noticed your fish colour become dull especially on a fish like yellow tang with such vibrant yellow colour.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Heng ah so i'm not the only one with that problem haha. It's really quite saddening when you noticed your fish colour become dull especially on a fish like yellow tang with such vibrant yellow colour.

Try TDO, I have an adult mitratus butterfly with colours totally faded and revert back to its original state after 2 months of feeding on TDO. Even so, I always believe in mixing different kind of feeds together but you do have to visit different LFS for different feeds and they all carry differents brands.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Try TDO, I have an adult mitratus butterfly with colours totally faded and revert back to its original state after 2 months of feeding on TDO. Even so, I always believe in mixing different kind of feeds together but you do have to visit different LFS for different feeds and they all carry differents brands.

yep. i mixed TDO + Henry's Gourmet + Dainichi ... thinking to add in New Era.. muahaha

>>

Just curious. Is pellet feeding or frozen mysis feeding better for fish?
Mysis are nv gd unless its PE mysis still I think loses out to pellets. Firstly, mysis run the risk of being contaminated and secondly ig you are looking to get fish start feeding, you have gd dry feed like TDO now.