Vertex Omega 150

karlyau

Any bro or sis using this skimmer?

Just bought this skimmer and after fixing it up notice some thing.

The pump and the skimmer body after connected it does not level. There was a gap under the pump where I need to put some sponge under it.

IMG-20131111-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20131111-WA0002.jpg

Is it suppose to be like this? If the design like this for us to put the sponge then why need the white bracket for the pump and the black rubber under the bracket.

It will be good to check back with the shop you purchased the equipment. I believe you will get faster response.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Supporter

Yup already send them email and will check out with them. In the same time just want to see if any bro using this slimmer or not :)

Wow bro.. Good stuff that you got here. Do share with us some review on this new skimmer here !

• Sponsor
Any bro or sis using this skimmer? Just bought this skimmer and after fixing it up notice some thing. The pump and the skimmer body after connected it does not level. There was a gap under the pump where I need to put some sponge under it. http://s67.photobucket.com/user/karlyau/media/422/IMG-20131111-WA0001.jpg.html'>IMG-20131111-WA0001.jpghttp://s67.photobucket.com/user/karlyau/media/422/IMG-20131111-WA0002.jpg.html'>IMG-20131111-WA0002.jpg Is it suppose to be like this? If the design like this for us to put the sponge then why need the white bracket for the pump and the black rubber under the bracket. Hi, The pump should sit nicely on the glass, it should not be hanging as shown in your pictures. Please bring the skimmer to Iwarna if you are unable to resolve the problem. Cheers, Aquarium Iwarna

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

Hi Bro

I'm a current user myself , puzzled with yr current predicament cos this is supposed to be plug and play, pretty easy to install and assembled. Could u post the complete pic of yr whole skimmer set up and maybe i can offer some assistance and lead u out of the woods. Alternatively u can / sms me at 92288018. Thks !

• Like 1

Been searching online for some video and picture. The pump should be sit flat but for my case, the pump have a gap or 0.5-1cm gap to reach the bottom.

I guess the hole on the skimmer body was drill too high.

I don't think they design tis way for us to put the sponge under the pump.

Hi Bro

I'm a current user myself , puzzled with yr current predicament cos this is supposed to be plug and play, pretty easy to install and assembled. Could u post the complete pic of yr whole skimmer set up and maybe i can offer some assistance and lead u out of the woods. Alternatively u can / sms me at 92288018. Thks !

Bro is ur omega 150 having the same problem as me?

That what I been wondering. The slimmer body an the pump should sit nicely in the sump in the same level.

After I fix the pump and put it in the sump I notice the whole skimmer slanted towards the pump then I notice the pump was hanging.

Not sure I fix it wrongly or what.

cant help much on the skimmer..

faster show show ur tank ler... do ping me if u need any help !

Haha nothing to see le. Water already in and running for few days. Now need to figure out this skimmer issue 1st.

Haha only need your help to stock up :)

• SRC Supporter

ame="Iwarna" post="1143131" timestamp="1384233128"]

That what I been wondering. The slimmer body an the pump should sit nicely in the sump in the same level.

After I fix the pump and put it in the sump I notice the whole skimmer slanted towards the pump then I notice the pump was hanging.

Not sure I fix it wrongly or what.

bring back to iwarna, very good service from our sponsors :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

Bro jand118 some photo taken just now

when the red tube through the 1st hole of the skimmer body the pump still can sit flat

20131113_001121.jpg

the red tube enter the 1st hole of the skimmer body the pump was ok

20131113_001111.jpg

However when enter the red tube into the other hole then it will be like this

20131113_001020.jpg

any idea?

Bro its a manufacture issue why insist to fix it yourself? Jus curious. Lol

haha just hope it was not the manufacture issue but i guess I'm the unlucky one ...

Already wrote to Vertex and waiting for their reply. Will get in touch with Philip from Irwana too and hope they can do something about it.

Bro seems frm the pic it look like the entry hole on the skimmer body for the pump to skimmer interface tube may be slightly out (higher) - evident frm yr 2nd & 3rd pic with the skimmer base skewed to one side. Guessed it wld be best to bring the unit back to Iwarna - Philip to hv the skimmer replaced as its still under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

Gd sharing n feedback ! I reckoned that since it's one of the known Mfg issue, guessed it will be good for all potential buyers to do a dry fit check on the spot prior to bringing our new toy home, saved the hassle of bringing it back for exchange thereafter.