Idiotic Anemone

• SRC Member

hi bros.....

i juz got myself a green tip anemone last friday.... wherever i put it, it will always go into hiding....i heard from fellow reefers saying "juz leave it alone until it finds a suitable place" but it seems to be always playing hide and seek with me.it prefers to hide inside the liverocks and most of the time upside down.but the funnie thing is it will fully open up whenever it finds a hiding spot.

i've tried so many times trying to correct it but to no avail, it will soon hide in some dark cave again....

my pink tipped anemone is doing very well, situates itself at the top of the mountain, so i think there's no prob with my water parameters.my other mushrooms, buttons and cauliflower are all doing fine..... :angry: very angry with tat idiot, dunno wat to do...pls advise....

• SRC Member

Mine's a green tip anemone too.... in the first few weeks after it's beng introed into my tank, it's too playing hide and seek with me... one day you see it, another day you don't...!!!!!!! :lol: everyday i must try find it but with no attempt to remove it from where it's located just in case i accidentally tear it from the rocks or side of the tank.

like what the lady at SL said, the anemone would find a good spot to stay there and rem to feed it regularly so that it would not "set off to hunt for its food" as if it's in the open sea... :P

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

• SRC Member
playing hide and seek with me...

That is why anemone looks nice, the price to pay is like what you all mentioned, keep moving around until it finds the right spot or else it will keep moving and have toxic war with your other corals, gets caught in your pump and if it dies in your tank, you got to take it out early enough to avoid a wipe out. Unless you can keep an eye on it everyday, try to avoid anemones.

• SRC Member
Mine's a green tip anemone too.... in the first few weeks after it's beng introed into my tank, it's too playing hide and seek with me... one day you see it, another day you don't...!!!!!!! :lol: everyday i must try find it but with no attempt to remove it from where it's located just in case i accidentally tear it from the rocks or side of the tank.

like what the lady at SL said, the anemone would find a good spot to stay there and rem to feed it regularly so that it would not "set off to hunt for its food" as if it's in the open sea... :P

feed??? how to feed? i only haf a bottle of coral feeds(liquid form)....how do i feed anemone manually? wat kind of food?

try market shrimp.. those prawn noodle kind from NTUC..

without shell, abt $1.20 per 100gram. get just 100gm or so..

can last u almost a month at least.

Do feed of 3 times a week. Using PL is okay with frequent feeding. I have rear quite a no. of anemone b4..

n take note they dislikes flow, NO3, n careful of any PH in your tank. Use those PH with proper cover to prevent anemone running into PH n get shredded.

• SRC Member

Anyway, I never understand why you guys have problems with Anemone, I just got another into my tank and it is doing great. I guess maybe it is the current that it is seeking, that is why it is moving from place to place, so called "hiding". Again, I would suggest: "juz leave it alone until it finds a suitable place"

• SRC Member

Used to have anemone....a Haitian anemone and a purple tip.

Isn't it a beauty.....but both RIP probably I was using only 1 FL light at that time....sigh!

post-6-1077011689.jpg