RoCket Marine

RocketBunny

Angel keeper fibre optic is beautiful. Got 1 frag from him just few weeks back and already started colouring (tinge of purple) very beautiful specimen :)

Tank setup

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (3 way viewing)

ATI Sunpower 6 x 39w

Arctica 1/5Hp

Skimz SM161 skimmer

Smart ATO system

Jebao DC 12k

Jebao dosing pump (Fauna Marine Lite balling - Thinking)

Jebao RW 15 wavemaker

Upgrading in Process.....

More infomation coming soon!

• SRC Member

Hi to everyone once again! I would love to thank those that have been using their valuable time to go through my journal.

My wife plays an important role in my tank as well, good support from her. She got me a trumpet [which is my only lps coral] Kind of cute and nice residing at bottom left side of tank. Appreciate it!

Dory which is the blue tang is also my son's favourite fish from the animation cartoon [Finding Nemo] Now is the other way around, he keep asking where did Dory went. Hahaha

From these times here, i have read alot and learn from SRC forums. It cant be any better! Pardon the noobish me that have asked alot of questions through text / whatsapp etc.

Here is a current update of my tank progress->

Day 40 [still Focusing on SPS]

Water Condition @ this stage:

Temperature 26C

Calcium 400

Mg 1300

KH 7.0

Salinity 1.025

Phosphate 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0.2

Fishes:

1x Pair of Black Snowflake Clowns

1x Blue Tang

1x Yellow Tang

1x Flame Angel

1x Purple Gobi

2x Fire Goby

1x Banga Caridinal

1x [Orange Top fin /w Blue Body] Should be a angel [forgotten the name]

1x Midas Blenny [Not sure if i got this right] Yellow Color one and always snatch for food

6x Blue Cromis

1x Yellow Wrasse

1x Doctor Wrasse

3x Cleaner Shrimp

2x Eat Sand and Spit Gobi [White Color Type]

2x Blue Legged Hermit Crab

3x Red Star Fishes

1x Algae eater Gobi [Looks like a stone fish which my niece call it] Relentlessly pecking on rocks and moving actively around.

That should be it but i am sure i left out something which i cant remember. I am just looking forward to 2 more fishes which is the Flame Hawk & Achilles Tang

It is quite busy when lights on and everyone knocks off when lights is out. I will try to get the close up on the individual fishes and corals.

For Corals, i am still learning the names and looking at shapes and polyps. Some are frags given by hobbyists and rare ones from Cedric! They are gorgeous!

I hope everyone can help to identify the names of the corals i have if you come across my pictures[Coffee is on me ^-^]. I am always carried away ,that i buy without knowing what corals by trusting the ones that sell me [Like many hobbyists here] thumbs up for the help and advices given to me! And the many fantastic marine shops out there!

Once all sps encrust/grow and stable further more, i would like to fill the bottom with scolymias and zoas.

Lets share a picture of my tank.

Here is my updated tank as of today:

post-23880-0-15894400-1415734607_thumb.j

I be signing off and will look forward to update this journal again!

• SRC Member

Very High Potential Tank!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Simply love your rock scaping. Very nice tank.

Thanks Chris!

Very High Potential Tank!

Thanks for kind compliment too!

I have a DSLR Camera which is an old model, may i also know if there is an article or guideline for the settings of the camera to take nice shots of tank?

What lens would also be good?

Awesome scaping.... I am also new to reef photography. But so far the most straight forward is to shoot perpendicular to the tank to avoid refraction. So far I use ambient tank lighting with low ISO and setting the WB to 10k to 12k to let the blue tinge (more needed depending on ur tubes)

As for lens, really dependent what DSLR u using

Tank setup

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (3 way viewing)

ATI Sunpower 6 x 39w

Arctica 1/5Hp

Skimz SM161 skimmer

Smart ATO system

Jebao DC 12k

Jebao dosing pump (Fauna Marine Lite balling - Thinking)

Jebao RW 15 wavemaker

Upgrading in Process.....

More infomation coming soon!

• SRC Member

Awesome scaping.... I am also new to reef photography. But so far the most straight forward is to shoot perpendicular to the tank to avoid refraction. So far I use ambient tank lighting with low ISO and setting the WB to 10k to 12k to let the blue tinge (more needed depending on ur tubes)

As for lens, really dependent what DSLR u using

Thanks for the advice, i will need to start playing around alittle to get the settings right. I think i do have a macro lens but somewhere in the house. Going to find it!

• SRC Member

Hello Hello!! I have finally found my macro lens and my old DSLR camera [about 10 years old]

I have forgotten how to fully function it but anyway, here is a close up shot of my RBTA /w some photo editing.

post-23880-0-88299700-1416066262_thumb.j

Am still trying hard to get a better shot! Pardon for the bad photography.

• SRC Member

Time to do an update! Hello to everyone again!

Day52

Done 4x water change of 15-20% every week since stocking of tank. Going slower, Not much new stuffs added except for some tailspot blenny.

I am still looking for a nice small achiliies tank! anyone got info of LFS sightings?

I realise my cleaner/doctor wrasse is missing and gone. Is it true that its life span is so short? or it didnt get enough parasite to munch on?

First time doing marine tank let me understand that fishes go missing quite often. hahahaha. Now i have my 3rd yellow wrasse also when the previous 2 vanished.

Some photos from top view.

post-23880-0-71802000-1416761760_thumb.j

post-23880-0-47875400-1416761763_thumb.j

Will update further more soon.

Signing off.

• SRC Member

Wrasse might be still alive. They will burried themselves in sand n sleep. Day time then can see them.

Omg! I might have more than 1 now, cause 1 dead body found. i assume there is 2. I have always seen 1 during the day now.

cleaner wrasse have poor survivor rate in captive.

they dont sleep in sand.

you have some nice sps! overall a nice clean tank :)

Thank you for your kind comments. Still working slowly towards a fully stock sps tank.

I shall get 1 more cleaner and see how it goes.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

To update what supplements i am using, here is the products currently used.

I am still waiting for my controller to be here before setting up the Calcium Reactor. It will have the PH probe for CR and auto top up pump which comes together.

Here is the Prodibio range i am currently using just to share some knowledge and quick reference for easy understanding:

post-23880-0-61625200-1416852080_thumb.j

BIODIGEST:

• Composed of live bacterial strains
  • Aquarium cleaning by waste matter digestion is helped by the presence of numerous different strains of heterotrophic bacteria
  • Nitrates and phosphates are reduced
  • Enables water to be effectively purified
  • Prevents the spread of filamentous algae
  • The best way to start biological filtration in your fresh or marine water aquarium
  • Converts ammonia into nitrites - nitrites into nitrates - and - nitrates into nitrogen

BIOPTIM:

• Contains all the microelements needed for aquarium life (amino acids, enzymes, natural vitamins…)
  • Bioptim also provides trace elements:
    - sulphur for proteins
    - iron for plants and fish blood
    - cobalt for B vitamins
    - calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, molybdenum and potassium
  • Dynamises the cellular metabolism of most of the bacteria living in freshwater aquariums
  • Bioptimspeedily accelerates the digestion of organic matter
  • It also facilitates the elimination of nitrates and phosphates

REEFBOOSTER:

• Reef_Booster favours the development of corals, clams and micro-fauna
  • Helps to the reduction of nitrates and phosphates by feeding and maintaining anaerobic bacteria on live rocks
  • Contains very high concentrations of the polyunsaturated ω3-fatty acid groups which all marine organisms need
  • Complete nutrient supplement containing all the elements required by the invertebrates
  • Has been developed in partnership with aquaculture experts based on highly effective products that are used to start up crustacean, mollusc and bivalve larvae.

IODI+:

• Iodine is vital for coral development in closed reef tank environments
  • Supplies the hard corals in your aquarium with the iodine they need to grow and for colouration
  • Helps corals to adapt to lighting variations
  • Neutralises the excess oxygen produced by zooxanthellae under excessive lighting
  • Combats coral bleaching
  • Recommanded for Xenia, Anthelia, Clavularia et Carallimorphes​

STRONTI+:

• Strontium is vital for coral development in closed marine water reef tank environments
  • Stimulates the growth of hard corals
  • Assists in the development of the red and coralline algae that produce the live rock decor
  • Stronti+ provides all the strontium needed for optimum and healthy coral,
    clam and coralline algae growth.

post-23880-0-44440200-1416852087_thumb.j

DUPLA PRODUCTS used:

Dupla Power Magnesium:

Provides calciferous organisms with the essential mineral of magnesium. Promotes the growth of rock corals.

Dupla Power Calcium:

Provides calciferous organisms with the essential mineral of calcium. Promotes the growth of rock corals.

Dupla Power KH+:

Provides the necessary hydrogen carbonate to the corals, promotes the growth of rock corals and stabilises the pH of the water.

Also feeding pellets to fishes and sliced market prawn to the RBTAs

post-23880-0-92541000-1416852094_thumb.j

That will be it for now. Signing off

• SRC Member

Hmm... Do u happen to be a AM shopper?

Everywhere shopper! but i do visit ah heng @ AM often to chit chat and learn. However, i do pay other LFS a visit from time to time.

this tank should be an AM setup right?

I do use mostly skimz equipment and incoporate their sump design, the rest are my own creations ^^