Passion of Christ

chrislwp

• SRC Member

I watched this movie, a 2hr 15min show.

Would say that you won't want to watch it again to see how torturing was carried out.

It was like even to die, he need to dig his own grave.

Read the file, size 211k

The_Medical_View_Of_His_sufferings.pdf

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member
as a neutral point of view, that is why its called the passion of christ.

his passion for god is so great that no punishment can bring him down. if normal human like us, we would give up much earlier liow.....

Hey man, I kinda think that the passion is not about Jesus's passion for God but in fact his passion and love for us humans and sinners..

Jesus didn't die for God but in fact for the sins of all of us. He chose to come during the time of the Roman empire and die the most gruesome and horrible death in recorded (and I'm sure unrecorded) history in order to show us the true wages of sin. He was completely innocent.. yet he CHOSE to lay down his life for me and you.. Just like the opening verses of the movie...

I guess that's why The Passion was such a hit.. because it was simply unthinkable that there would be a God who loves us so much that instead of making us reach his standards by keeping his law, he would send his son down to die for our inablility to keep his laws and commandments in order to help us up to reach his standards through Jesus Christ.

All in all... Do watch The Passion and experience a glimpse of what perfect love truly is...

;):lol::angel::peace::bow:

• SRC Member

Watched it and had a 'soaking' session throughout...next day...woke up with a 'hangover' from crying too much... :paiseh:

Anyway, it was because of His passion for the lost that He chose to die on the cross of Cavalry... :wub:

The film is indeed aptly titled... :)

Those who hear them will hear them...those who hear not will not hear... :angel:

• SRC Member
Watched it and had a 'soaking' session throughout...next day...woke up with a 'hangover' from crying too much... :paiseh:

Anyway, it was because of His passion for the lost that He chose to die on the cross of Cavalry... :wub:

The film is indeed aptly titled... :)

Those who hear them will hear them...those who hear not will not hear... :angel:

I agree, sis... :)

• SRC Member
watched this show just now.... was all bloody :blink:

even thought i dun share the same faith, i think this movie is really inspriring and eye opening :)

my galfren cried in the show :blink:

Good for you & your gal... you should get to know Him better... ;)

jesus is our true saviour

his love for us can never be question

so don ever say there is nobody who loves u

think again....

jesus is always there loving and protecting us

his action shows

i m totally agree with u man, 19percula! :peace

HE is our way, and the ONLY way!!

hope that more reefer will be to know HIM more :peace:

cheers

• SRC Member

My Goodness, I am so so touched seeing all the replies to this thread...

I pray too that many more people in this forum, in Singapore, and all over the world (even in states that were initially against Christianity?) would get to know him... whether through movies, the internet, preachers, or any other means!!

Amen...

well technically, Satan did not appear at all in the biblical version. Gibson just placed it in to show the humanity of Christ I suppose.

a few other odds and ends, like certain flash backs. (= apart from that, its as real as it can get.

oh the torture thing as well. the bible didn't go indepth on that. I wonder why Gibson had to emphasize on that.

one seperate note, according to my friend, the movie was done in a very catholic way. urh. anybody feel the same? got meh? :P I'm catholic, but I saw it as a very christian show. hehz. not trying to start a religious warfare here, but just asking for comments. (=

This movie is extremely touching for those who are in the faith. Those who lack understanding in the message of christianity will just wander why this man is so brutally treated.

Since this was a biblical depiction, there should have been a message of salvation at the end of the movie. I mean at least a verse or two.

The ending may pique a non-believer's interest to learn a bit more or it may not. Chances are... it may not. I don't really know.

The brutal torture scenes were a tad too long and it numbed one towards the ending scenes.

The scene that was a little odd & disturbing was when Satan was seen carrying another baby... the anti-christ?

The pharisees I hated for their hypocrisy, the Romans reminded me of the Nazis, although there were a few who exhibited mercy & pity.

one seperate note, according to my friend, the movie was done in a very catholic way.

Oh yeah.. I agree... there was a visual representation of the Shroud of Turin. Anyone noticed that?

Oh... I am surprised Monica Belluci played this role.

Anyway... I did read that the filming of this movie affected the crew in many ways.

1. A few were touched and converted to Christianity.

2. The lead actor who played Jesus was struck by lightning but was unharmed but the cast around him were all thrown to the grown.

3. A miracle happened on the set where a half-blind crew member was healed.

That's what I read somewhere! :shock:

• SRC Member

Oh yeah.. I agree... there was a visual representation of the Shroud of Turin. Anyone noticed that?

Oh... I am surprised Monica Belluci played this role.

Anyway... I did read that the filming of this movie affected the crew in many ways.

1. A few were touched and converted to Christianity.

2. The lead actor who played Jesus was struck by lightning but was unharmed but the cast around him were all thrown to the grown.

3. A miracle happened on the set where a half-blind crew member was healed.

That's what I read somewhere! :shock:

Well, miracles do happen, both big and small!

Anyone notice that for the past several years, every Good Friday during the Mass at ard 3-4 pm there is a thunderstorm lasting for about 1-2 hrs - just around the ceremony where Jesus dies? Coincidence? Or a sign?

• SRC Member
Anyone notice that for the past several years, every Good Friday during the Mass at ard 3-4 pm there is a thunderstorm lasting for about 1-2 hrs - just around the ceremony where Jesus dies? Coincidence? Or a sign?

Considering global time zones I would say it's nothing. Also I have not been keeping track..... I keep an open mind. :peace:

• SRC Member

Just watch it yesterday. I think the show is touching to the extent of not being pushy. The non christian may not understand the show completely I guess. But many may be curious at why Jesus have to suffer so badly to die for the sins. ;)

I think the chinese subtitles is great. Even the next door ah sor knows who Jeusu is and if they read chinese - they can watch the show :lol:

• SRC Member

It is a judgement time for us movie goers....to walk up to the ticket counter and have to choose between '... passion of Christ' and 'Hellboy'?

I think it is in bad spirit that these movie makers put these two shows on together.

I chose Hellboy cause I didn't want my friends to see me cry. Will catch 'Passion' alone another day. :)

I think (marine) therefore I am