what to feed yellow tang

mine eats anything that I feed my other fishes.

it also eats the red bamboo algae like there is no tomorrow. my brown, yellow and blue tang are going at the three big rocks of red bamboo algae and they are quite short right now. as in the algae. and to think I only bought them one month back. bleah.

mine eats anything that I feed my other fishes.

it also eats the red bamboo algae like there is no tomorrow. my brown, yellow and blue tang are going at the three big rocks of red bamboo algae and they are quite short right now. as in the algae. and to think I only bought them one month back. bleah.

1month ?? wont the red bamboo turn white in colour or trunsulent? mine turn white after a week. ? why ? and i threw away the whole rock? :( is it because of high lighting? :thanks:

1month ?? wont the red bamboo turn white in colour or trunsulent? mine turn white after a week. ? why ? and i threw away the whole rock? :( is it because of high lighting? :thanks:

urh. mine's still red? and oh my blue tang just picked up the rock and moved it near its cave. smart bugger.

• SRC Member

my yellow tang eats anything from day one ... brine shrimp or mysis ... but not the "phang chai" which I clip on everyday.

my three blue tangs don't even go near the "phang chai" and are choosy over the brine shrimp or mysis.

YT are very greedy and easy feeders....... Anything from mysis shrimp, brine shrimp to even nori and alva will be eaten happily....... BUt remeber tang in the wild are big time herbivore thus our diet for them must consist of mainly vegetable ;);)

Not too sure if this helps... but here's what I do when I got my YT:-

1) feed it w/ what it's been eating at LFS (possibly brineshrimp, etc)

2) carry on for a while until he's not so weak...

3) then lower the frequency of BBS feeds, increase frequency of whatever you wanna feed in long term -- flake, granules, etc etc... key word is GRADUALLY, i think

4) then it'll eat already ;p

I also tried soaking the BBS in garlic... then the first few doses of flakes are also soaked in garlic to have the 'same scent'...

hope it helps!

ps: my yt is so greedy that i could almost handfeed it... :yeah:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

my YT takes anything I throw in... mysis shrimps. brine shrimps, pellet food, nori, and ANY and I mean ANY vegetable in my fridge, even brocolli

lol

greedy lil punk

Live and Let Live

May take awhile, coz the YT may not know the seaweed is food at first, my took about 3 days before it realised! but remember to remove it if the fish doesn't eat and change new one the next day... :)

Juz my $0.02...

Vincent Ho :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg