Check out what ppl at RC is doing on their maxijet

blueheaven

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I am definately doing this for my maxijet.....

Fuel, hows it performing these days? Any problems? :lol:

Wat problems? The only problem is that the water does not shoot straight out anymore. :lol: Meaning I can put sps nearer without fearing their tissues being blown off. Anyway, I'm getting twice as much flow. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Wat problems? The only problem is that the water does not shoot straight out anymore. :lol: Meaning I can put sps nearer without fearing their tissues being blown off. Anyway, I'm getting twice as much flow. ;)

Hi

If I were to put 2 maxijet, how should I do? some reefer recommend to put face to face at each opposite end. Is it correct? and wat abt the height? Hope some advise. Thanks

• SRC Member

does maxijet produce more or less heat like other power head

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• 2 months later...

Dug up this old thread so that other reefers can have something to refer to in case they decide on modifying their maxijets.

Anyway, for random water movement it is best to connect as much sawed maxijets as you can afford in your tank to a single digital timer. I prefer digital timer as the manual one has a (5 or 15? can't remember) minute minimal interval between on/off. You won't want your tank to be without circulation for 5/15 mins would you? That's why I go for a digital timer. Can set 20+ program times at different intervals. Imagine only a 1 minute interval between on/off and you can set different times of the day where there would be more wave action, etc. Think about it....5 maxijets connected to a single digital timer. With 50% chance of changing direction during every on/off. Imagine the randomness of current! :eyebrow:

Huh... All connected to one timer... I tot all the pump will be on when it is time to on... isnt it the same...

Sawed maxijets are different from unmodified ones in a few ways

1) You get ALOT more flow for the same power consumption.

2) The current is more spread out instead of a narrow jet of water.

3) Each time it is off & on again its output will have 50% of going in the opposite direction.

You can use more timers if you wish..but I suggested a single digital one for economical sense. ;) 1 minute of calm waters in your tank won't kill your precious things. ;)

Let's say you use 5 sawed maxijets on a single timer. Each time they off/on at the same time..imagine how many different ways current can flow. For one sawed maxijet can have 2 output options...5 will have...2X2X2X2X2=32...32 possible random water movement patterns? :angel:

click on the following thread and u can view the video clips

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...25&pagenumber=3

wonder if reefers who check out the wmv. file noticed the switching current. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

wonder if reefers who check out the wmv. file noticed the switching current. ;)

Ya man. Current switch direction, a bit tricky if you have corals anywhere near the maxijet. Although not so strong but kena still problem.

Don't think I'll make mine switching on/off too often. Just on when light on and off when lights off. Interested only in the broader flow.

Sawed maxijets are different from unmodified ones in a few ways

1) You get ALOT more flow for the same power consumption.

2) The current is more spread out instead of a narrow jet of water.

3) Each time it is off & on again its output will have 50% of going in the opposite direction.

You can use more timers if you wish..but I suggested a single digital one for economical sense. ;) 1 minute of calm waters in your tank won't kill your precious things. ;)

Let's say you use 5 sawed maxijets on a single timer. Each time they off/on at the same time..imagine how many different ways current can flow. For one sawed maxijet can have 2 output options...5 will have...2X2X2X2X2=32...32 possible random water movement patterns? :angel:

After seeing the wmv i know what you are talking abt... Very good idea...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

i hv 4x maxijets 1200 on my wavemaster pro, they on/off ever so often till i dunno how many times per min. :P but so far, no powerheads hv been reported failing yet. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Whats the price for a wavemaster here? Can pm me the price if not convienent to post?

I just saw off the nozzle of my resun SP-2500 PH(1400l/hr), and it changes direction either clockwise or anti-clockwise everytime I on/off the power. The flow is much wider and more powerful, able to sweep a bigger surface area. Seems to work like the modified maxijet, but whether it will last or not, I have yet to find out.........will keep you guys posted.

Right now I use it with a digital timer, but the timer can only programme 8 on/off which I divide by 24hrs = 3hrs on/off once for 1 min.

If the resun can withstand the on/off abuse, I'll invest 3 more units of it together with a wavemaster for the 4 corners if the tank and programme it to on/off every 3mins............should be quite interesting to see the flow sweeping all directions.

Eric