pink mushrooms

• SRC Member

at OCEAN PLANET

about 10 frags!

not sure if yuma though, looks like the discos

was surprised cos many people didn't notice.

took 1 frag, only a few left.

will post pics when i come back on monday.

• SRC Member
at OCEAN PLANET

about 10 frags!

not sure if yuma though, looks like the discos

was surprised cos many people didn't notice.

took 1 frag, only a few left.

will post pics when i come back on monday.

When did you see / buy the mushrooms? I was there for 3 days... but din see it at all... :cry2:

• SRC Member

All gone?! U bought everything?! :angry::angry::angry:

Wah!!! Dun flame me hor... :huh:B)

I only bought the remaining three... They are only slighty less than five cents coin. Will frag when they have grown bigger if got chance...:P

Always have a fetish for pink stuff in tank and since I have lost four red/pink yumas so must as well try the hardier ones. :P

BUT...I still want my red/pink yumas... :cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member

sorry...quite difficult for the time being...as I wrap them in gauze and keep them in containers so as to make them stick onto the small rocks that I have placed inside. :P

Will take a pic when they are done... :)

• SRC Member

:erm:

maybe I too 'loud-mouthed' enough to inform you guys not to go...else you will be disappointed..and I got this? :(

Anyway, why dun you ask who bought the previous seven to nine pieces? Who knows...it may be someone who bought more than my three pieces at one go and yet clever enough not to reveal... ;)

Bro...I feel that you are too judgemental here... :rolleyes:

Well... have learnt a lesson here. And I shall cease to reveal any details if that will help to prevent any sore feelings... :)

And if it will make you feel better, I just lost one to an urchin. :rolleyes::(

• SRC Member

hi all..

just back from hols.

they dun look like yumas,

here's a pic of mine.

i was very surprised cos many people came into the shop and saw

the mushrooms and didn't buy!

hope it will stick on the rock and propogate soon.

post-25-1092056030.jpg

this issue has been discussed way too often...I think if a reefer manages to get the corals(whether limited or not), good for him and her as long as his/her tank can house them. Shouldnt be too great an issue.

We are here to share info and discuss about reefing.

Mushroom corals do multiply quite fast, maybe flubbey can conduct a fragging session later on and share woth the reefers...(afterall...you are one of the 1st batch trainee from the fragging guru of SRC) ;)

no special requirements..I think the mushrooms they bought must be loose frags(thats why flubbey got to put them in gauze).....which means if they dun take care in getting them to stick to a rock.....what will happen is that the tiny frag gets blow away and either dies or cling on to a rock somewhere behind the rockworks where not much currents pass thru