Any lobang for Fire Extinguisher?

flubberina13

• SRC Member

Hey...does anybody know where I can get a fire extinguisher and how much would it set me off? :rolleyes:

Just had a fire-burning chiller which fortunately, was caught in time and extinguished with wet cloths... :angry:

Sigh...what a night....after scaping the rocks, fixing up the temporary mh lights, tubby and connect everything essential to allow my corals to have a better home and it all ended with an anti-climax... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Son was scared until he started crying...maid became slightly hysterical and started screaming and I...got to do thousand and one things within that few moments... :(

:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Guess...I got very much acquainted with Murphy... :(

And the chiller is still under warranty...less than a year... :(

• SRC Member

I use an AGFAS fire extinguisher. Its the size of 1.25L coke bottle. Cost is $35-40? From Home FIx and those DIY stores in shopping centres- very light and handy. Safe to humans and animals.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

:(

• SRC Member
Hehe yeah this is the one... specially took a picture for flubby sis....

thanks...weishun... :bow:

Well...it all happened this way...

Rescape my tank...put some corals in...switched off the chiller and the pump attached to it...

then connect everything into the sump which was previously used in the tub holding my livestock.

Once everything secured in place..I turn on the chiller and the pump...within five seconds...Mame...Mame...Fire...Fire... :sick::sick::sick:

Thank God, it was only a small fire but I immediately used the surrounding rags to soak water from my tub and extinguished the fire... :pinch:

I am very worried about those prized lps... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

:angry:

dun remind me of it... :(

tried calling the guy but no replies...hope he is just outstationed.  :angel:

Try sending a SMS then. If outstationed the ring tone will be different, can tell one. Wow don't tell me he really went into the mountain liao. Since still under warranty he must die die settle for you ma.

I always said he hide in mountain but sure got pple come out defend say he service very good etc :P

• SRC Member

Thanks to the well-wishers and those caring bros...all things fine now...

He came and repaired just now...fixed in a new thermostat and did some maintenance on it... :yeah:

According to him, the area I placed my chiller may be too congested and also I should clean the ventilation slots where the exhaust goes more often... :paiseh:

Indeed, service is good and prompt. :)

And thanks to the person who knows how to diy consumable/ commercial chillers and is willing to lend a hand to help me repair amidst his busy schedule... :bow:

And thanks to the reefer who is so willing to lend me his spare chiller...he didn't go home empty-handed though...an exotic cynarina for him and rowas for his buddy who is also with dispute, a kind soul...lent me something for half a year and then never 'bug' me to return... :lol::lol::lol: It's the thought that counts... :angel:

Today seems like Christmas...so many angels... :wub::wub:

Lobang King, got special deals for extinguishers meh? Count me in... :eyebrow:

Last but not least...opened and discovered that my new AS350 macro skimmer has a cracked collection cup... :wacko::wacko: but the problem was easily rectified... :yeah::yeah:

I think Murphy really likes me a lot... :lol::lol::lol:

Tune in for my tank pics next...hope my camera wun 'kahpooh' on me... :nc::upsidedown:

In my opinion, slacking in doing maintenance is not an excuse for a chiller or whatever to went up in flame. By the way, how many people actually clean/maintain their chiller/air-con/refrigerator religiously every few months. Should we say that they are fortunate that their equipment do not catch fire?

Personally, I would only buy a chiller from a reputable/established brand. Not just for chiller, it applies to all mission critical equipments.