Do you use RO/DI?

patrick123

Do you think RO/DI is a must?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think RO/DI is a must?

• Yes, RO/DI is a must
    • No, it is not important and I have no algae problem
    • No, it is not important and I don\'t care about algae jungle.

bro, controllable tunze is far more expensive than ro/di unit ;)

:lol:

for me, i think a RO/DI unit is a good to have, but not a must have. the condition of the water coming out of our P.U.B taps r oredi quite ok.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=21801&hl=pub

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

bro, controllable tunze is far more expensive than ro/di unit ;)

Shhhhh, I told my wife it's 40$.

U so loud my wife sleeping laz,

If she knew it's cost 4++; than I will need to settle more credit card bills :(

Thank you for sealing your lips Haa Haa JK

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

Our tapwater is generally low on nutrients but there are some area with outrageously high nitrates.

arrrr...... wat to do? supply of water from P.U.B is dependant on which area u live in, which waterworks supply to ur area.

:off: btw, hv u been in contact wif huskiesg lately? havent heard from him for a long time now.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

The problem I have with the concept of RO/DI is the rejected waste water. From what I heard, the RO/DI usually produce about 50% good RO/DI water, and 50% waste, rejected water. What do I do with this waste water? I think most people just drain it away. Collecting the waste water in bucket is also not a good idea...how many buckets of water can you store before your wife start to make noise?

Either way, it seems like a real waste of natural resources....especially now that we are all drinking the recycled water. So let the marine tank have the RO/DI water, and we human drink the rejected water sounds really rediculous to me.

• SRC Member

arrrr...... wat to do? supply of water from P.U.B is dependant on which area u live in, which waterworks supply to ur area.

:off: btw, hv u been in contact wif huskiesg lately? havent heard from him for a long time now.

I think a few reefers here has high nitrate readings from their taps. I read somewhere that a few areas in Singapore has this high nutrient problem.

:off: Havent heard from him for sometime too.

• SRC Member
The problem I have with the concept of RO/DI is the rejected waste water. From what I heard, the RO/DI usually produce about 50% good RO/DI water, and 50% waste, rejected water. What do I do with this waste water? I think most people just drain it away. Collecting the waste water in bucket is also not a good idea...how many buckets of water can you store before your wife start to make noise?

Either way, it seems like a real waste of natural resources....especially now that we are all drinking the recycled water. So let the marine tank have the RO/DI water, and we human drink the rejected water sounds really rediculous to me.

use it in planted tank.... plant need all the waste...

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • SRC Member

our tap water may be safe to drink direct but long term consumption is bad for health... :sick:

anyway food outside are also not very healthy.. why not eat cooked food at home every meal everyday? <_<

no need to be too careful about what you eat or drink.. too much is gonna make your body's immune low..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/