not speeding but caught on film??

moron_clown

• SRC Member

saw a bright flash when travelling from town toward amk(CTE amk),happened when i went pass the speed cam.immed look at speedo,which indicates slightly less than 90 :angry: ...possible to get caught???if yes,any chance to appeal??Cuz i dun have any points left....maybe bro like spidey or minsmarine can comment??

• SRC Member
saw a bright flash when travelling from town toward amk(CTE amk),happened when i went pass the speed cam.immed look at speedo,which indicates slightly less than 90 :angry: ...possible to get caught???if yes,any chance to appeal??Cuz i dun have any points left....maybe bro like spidey or minsmarine can comment??

hahaha...can rent your WRX to me liao loh...u no need to drive..hahaha... :thanks:

since u are sure that u were not speeding, then wait for any letter from your best friend(TP). :( ..maybe it just happened to shoot at another car somewhere around u?? :angel::rolleyes: there's always a chance that the machine might malfunction (hhhmmm...tat includes your speedo too :pinch: )

from wat i understand the market rate is $50 per point...(if u know wat i mean :evil: )

• SRC Member

Don't worry yet. The ticket might never arrive. I remember once I drove into a lane under the CTE near Lor Chuan. After going in, discovered it is a bus only lane. Some more stop inside there cos red light. Then saw a Cisco man standing at road side frantically writing into a small book. I thought sure die liao. At that moment, I wave to him and gesture something like I blur or cannot see the sign. Then I waited 2 months for the letter, ready to give up $ and points. But the ticket never came.

So, start praying.

I think (marine) therefore I am

i kena leh. same case as u. driving 90-100 on a 70km rd. Fine was $150, demerit pts 6. <_<

Somemore I din see the TP, dunno where he hiding. :(

Good luck, sometimes they too lazy to write report, then let u off. As for red lights with camera, I know from sources that some are dummies. :evil:

Anyway, end of day, the onus is still on drivers to drive carefully. Happy driving/ riding! :peace:

• SRC Member
Don't worry yet. The ticket might never arrive. I remember once I drove into a lane under the CTE near Lor Chuan. After going in, discovered it is a bus only lane. Some more stop inside there cos red light. Then saw a Cisco man standing at road side frantically writing into a small book. I thought sure die liao. At that moment, I wave to him and gesture something like I blur or cannot see the sign. Then I waited 2 months for the letter, ready to give up $ and points. But the ticket never came.

So, start praying.

same same! i was there once and got TWO people copying down numbers... but never receive letter leh... not complaining :heh:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

If you are so sure u r travelling below 100km/hr at that spot, you will sure not get anyticket. ( within 200m from the camera _

Was passed that camer at speed of 110 and didn't get any ticket and it's at midnight.

Flash, could be at other side or car behind you.

So Don't worry, be happy. You should be alright. as long as you know your self it's below 100.

Cheer

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

same same! i was there once and got TWO people copying down numbers... but never receive letter leh... not complaining :heh:

both of u so lucky. i kenna twice bus lane along enuos link turning into kakit bukit.

saw the TP but cos not on bike, i thought he was a foreign worker from India working at the construction site doing a survey %^&$( :angry:

fine total 260 and 6 demerit ponts or more cannot remember.

• SRC Member

hahaha...can rent your WRX to me liao loh...u no need to drive..hahaha... :thanks:

since u are sure that u were not speeding, then wait for any letter from your best friend(TP). :( ..maybe it just happened to shoot at another car somewhere around u?? :angel::rolleyes: there's always a chance that the machine might malfunction (hhhmmm...tat includes your speedo too :pinch: )

from wat i understand the market rate is $50 per point...(if u know wat i mean :evil: )

drop liao ah? used to be $100 per point or maybe my friend was juz desperate for mine :P

• SRC Member
thanx 4 all the comments...we will noe in 2 weeks whether or not i get to keep my license :blink:

Come on it's not end of the day.

I am pretty sure , you were not on the camera, if you are below 100. Or even 110. Those speed camera are mean for those who speeding. driving 100, or 110 , I don't think it's consider speeding on 90Km/hr road. There are so many crazy people who want to drive 130km/hr on 90km/hr road.

You would see them on TPE, KJE in the early morning. No wonder now aday, there are TP with motorcycle hiding under the bridge to give movie tickets :)

My tiny advise, don't drive above 100 in any time any where in ( only on highway , and 70 on normal road ) Singapore. You are safe. You want to drive fast, than go to Malaysia. You want to drive faster without worrying about TP, than head to Thailand, where they have no speed regulation on their Highway.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

juz received this e mail, dunno how true it is. anyway, FYI.

Pls be informed that the LTA has contracted six traffic wardens from a

private company at $34,000 a year to take down the licence plate

number,

make and colour of vehicles that intrude into bus-lanes at peak hours.

Take note of the operation hours:

Bus-lane operation hrs: 7.30 am to 9.30 am and 4.30 pm to 7 pm

(weekdays)

7.30 am to 9.30 am and 11.30 am to 2 pm (Saturdays)

LTA has intensified their operations at the following areas:

1) Eunos Link

2) Hougang Ave 3

3) Jurong Town Hall Rd

4) Lorong Chuan

5) Orchard Rd

6) Upper Serangoon Rd

7) Upper Thomson Rd

8) Yishun Ave 2

The above info will be useful all drivers

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

It's true for Eunos Link & Hougang Ave 3.

You will see them almost every morning. Afternoon, me not so sure as drive home quite late.

Ocean Gump

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi All,

The camera can only be taken from the back for safety reason.

If you get caught be careful not to use fall-guy as the TP have installed many camera which can take closed up pictures ( so close even can see your features : i wonder how it works ??!! )..i do not know whether that stretch of road which you were Zapped belongs to these type of camera.

I was caught once , a year ago by Stealth TP patrol ( white Volvo ) was fine $250 9 points for speeding.I was caught by the Front ( the patrol car was in front parking along the roadside !!! i was behind the volvo almost 80 to 100m away )

When i alighted after the paper documentation , i checked with the police officer out of curiousity how come i was behind them yet they can Zapped me , he show me to his patrol car ,to my surprised the Camera in front of his dashboard can swivel 360 degree !!!

Am very sure i was speeding at that time , yet i am also very sure i saw the patrol car along the roadside and am very very sure that i slow down and by the time i was travelling passed them my speed was 100km.

Therefore i have come to a conclusion in Singapore no way we can speed.We cannot beat the technology... :eyeblur: