Kerry or Bush

silverfish

Who?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Kerry
    • Bush

• SRC Member

Personally, I think Kerry appears more intelligent, sharp and insightful compared to Bush. Man was well decorated in Vietnam War (and he COULD HAVE avoided the draft like Clinton).

But realistically, for the good of AMerican (and the world), Bush has to stay in the picture. For a dumb yoyo, he has one thing right- secure the oil. Short term repercussions are great- rising oppo to USA, lots of difficulty in Iraq, but in the long term, he has extended/ guaranteed oil supply to modern industrial nations for the next 20 years. Besides, the Americans have voted for (or abstained to vote against) him, they jolly well ride the cast of the dice. They cant change a president on whim and fancy every four years, without waiting for the long term effects / continuity of his policies.

Have a war president ever done a second term?

• SRC Member

i hope bush wins so that at least he has a chance to finish what he started. with kerry calling for americans to hold bush accountable for his actions of the past 4 years, makes more sense to keep bush in there to finish it off rite?

with the swing states showing kerry leading by 1%, the irony may be that bush wins the popular votes and more states but kerry gets to be president because of the electoral votes! geez what a mess.

• SRC Member

Makes you wonder, alot of Americans tend to favour Kerry. Look at Farenheit 9/11, popular comments on the street, and yet Bush appears to be very strong. The power of the lobby is pervasive throughout American politics. Think Bush will win again.

• SRC Member
Makes you wonder, alot of Americans tend to favour Kerry. Look at Farenheit 9/11, popular comments on the street, and yet Bush appears to be very strong. The power of the lobby is pervasive throughout American politics. Think Bush will win again.

Farenheit 9/11 is skewed... MM is anti Bush. it is a show or i should say, biased documentary.

bush 249 against kerry 221 and looks like bush will get ohio, which means he only need to bring home new mexico (he is leading there) to win the presidency. somehow iowa has turned from kerry to bush so this is a buffer for his as well. dun see how bush can lose unless the remaining votes are mainly for kerry.

• SRC Member
As with all Michael Moore's stuff, it is horribly one sided. But I think it does reflect popular sentiments. No one likes the war, and yet no one votes against bush. I will put my money on Bush.

of course no one likes the war but if it has to be done, it has to be done. as for kerry... dun what he talking the past months. nothing concrete, no details. all high level tcss. yeah im for bush!

• SRC Member

of course no one likes the war but if it has to be done, it has to be done. as for kerry... dun what he talking the past months. nothing concrete, no details. all high level tcss. yeah im for bush!

My personal opinion is for Bush to carry on for this term.

Was in States last week and saw some program/interview on them. Kerry is basically trying to win voters by hammering Bush on the war and certain domestic policy. Even made a big hooha on a edit pic Bush administration used for ###### purpose. Didn't really have any solid plans or maybe I did get see/hear it. Anyway, Bush was also taken aback by the report of missing ammunition in Iraq. Was having big problem trying to explain how it can happen.

Regardless who win, America will be split right in the middle just like the last election. It will be a difficult time for them.

• SRC Member

regarding the missing ammo, the world is trying to bring bush down with all these negative news just before the election. juz look at all the news coming from people that bush has passed over... all of them are taking pot shots at him and trying to get americans to vote him out. i hope he goes a rambo on these all talk no action people, and yes, kofi adnan included! blix! osama! < at least osama did take action :(

• SRC Member

Dubya is gonna win. Woo hoo!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Senator John Kerry called President George W. Bush to concede the US presidential election, a Kerry campaign source told AFP.

The Democratic candidate would make a formal announcement later in the day, the source added.

Funny how America changes their president every four years and expects the policies that each president makes to come to fruitation and then a new person comes along and changes things.

• SRC Member

Thats coz its fast food politics- instant gratification. No happy with the product, go out and buy a new one. Thats why USA has no real long term domestic and foreign policy, no way to get out of its budget deficit. One president reduces it, another adds to it.

But coming back to Bush, his re-election does show that he has a strong mandate, with a record turnout and massive support. it sends out a strong message to the terrorists- the Americans are 100% out to hunt them down, at the cost of their personal freedom and their troops. Glad to see the Americans suck it up this time and go the hard way.