Eido Chiller~

ah_d3x

• SRC Member

bought from Henry , this chiller is for tank capacity 1000L..

local made.

price : 16++

sorry arh cause no have menu for the chiller , can't really give much information.

sorry its already in the cabinet so lazy to take it out and take more pictures of it.

will try it out tomorrow after i get the pipes.

henry told me its as quiet as teco chillers.

• SRC Member

Power Input 230V/50Hz

Power Consumption 1.3 HP

Refrigerant R134a

Temperature Setting Digital

Temperature Display LED 2-digit

Resolution 1 degree c

Dimension (mm) 410H x 540L x 375W

Weight 32 KG

Iwaki Pump's Power Input 45W

Iwaki Pump's Flow Rate 27L/min

• SRC Member

Quote <<They work by Peltier effect and will only be as affective as the ambient temperature is cool. In our case, Singapore is too hot for this device to work properly. There's a local brand called Eido that makes chillers based on the same principle. >> by Tanzy from another thread

are u using this type?

What is ur view to the above statment?

Thanks

Jack

issit good for a 2.5ft???

hw much are they selling???

sorry no time to call...

sorry , I didn't call myself but when he sms me , he put alot of exclamation marks which means really cheap! :lol: The prizm protien skimmer is going for real cheap as well. The GEO liquid goes like this "buy on and get one free" , I wish LS around Singapore could be that way! :D yes , it will definitely be enough for your 2.5ft tank! ;)

Hi hijeckng,

I guess this new eido chiller is not using peltier effect heat pump anymore, that peltier concept sure cannot work. The eido chiller is using compressor, they come in a few sizes, 1.1HP, 1.3HP...

1.1HP is for only 600lites tank, that is what I know from the note given at LCK. 1.1HP is really over kill for 600litres tank. I think 1/3 or 1/2HP is sufficient already. From what I see when you overturn the chiller (the underside of the chiller) the compressor is too small to be 1.1HP. Don't know whether the chiller claims 1.1HP true a not. Never really go and check, can check with air con or refrigeration company the model of the compressor to confirm. ;)

The heat exchanger is not of copper alloy, is not titanium, don't know what is it made off. If it is aluminium or stainless steel....don't know what will happen in the long run. <_<