I'm back...

cheese

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
Thought it's good time to post an update.

Cheers!

tank looks good....

btw... u better get rid of algae that sgrows out of yr rocks natuarlly... either get tangs or herbivoures that feed on this algae... or not... pluck them out yrself....

u might end up with a marine planted tank like me!!! :P

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

tank looks good....

btw... u better get rid of algae that sgrows out of yr rocks natuarlly... either get tangs or herbivoures that feed on this algae... or not... pluck them out yrself....

u might end up with a marine planted tank like me!!! :P

Ha, ha, I think so too. In fact already doing some gardening now and then. BTW, that bush on the left is actually macro algae that I kept in the sump. But the red knob starfish bought by my wife, eat until almost 'bo-ta', so I brought it up to the main tank, turn the rock over and let it grow by itself, then trim slowly.

Have not upgrade the light, so very minimum coral. Actually nothing much, just maintaining only lah...

Bros here are all very encouraging. And, Lightningstrike is my idol! Thanks!

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.

Ha, ha, I think so too. In fact already doing some gardening now and then. BTW, that bush on the left is actually macro algae that I kept in the sump. But the red knob starfish bought by my wife, eat until almost 'bo-ta', so I brought it up to the main tank, turn the rock over and let it grow by itself, then trim slowly.

Have not upgrade the light, so very minimum coral. Actually nothing much, just maintaining only lah...

Bros here are all very encouraging. And, Lightningstrike is my idol! Thanks!

har??? simi idol??? american idol or singapore idol??? :lol: me more like "reef idle". :D

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Got this don't know tang 2 weeks ago. He keep eyeing on this Algae and I only have this 1 and only 1 stock here. And it seems to be his best food. Today saw he shit almost 3mm thick shit, can eat and shit, I think he should be doing well.

But what tang is this? And the Algae? Anywhere selling? Scare he finish...no more.

post-34-1109336005.jpg

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Today passed by Se*Li**, kanna "con" to get this big Blue tang at 20 bucks. He said take the big one better, very strong and should able to adapt fast. So brought him home. Wow, so BIG!!! Hope he don't :angel: ...

post-34-1109336222.jpg

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

• SRC Member

hey bro.. this blue tang is too big.. btw the bigger it is.. the lazier it can be.. nice tank and set up u have there.. 2 thumbs up for u..

juz my 2cents

Cheers..

Happy Reefing..

Lorenzo..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• 3 months later...

Wa, looking back, it's already 4 months passed. Beside the 2 tangs gone heaven, more and more coraline algae, seems nothing much have changed.

But about 4 weeks ago got my 1st Power Blue, and the long fin Bannerfish from Reb***. This time cannot give any more chance liao. Took that gangster Damsel from the Sump, and put them in the Sump for good conditioning and feed them fat fat. At the same observe very very closely on any illness. Finally all looks good. So move the Power Blue to the main tank, while I got a yellow tank from 110 today, and will let her go through the same conditioning period.

Can see Mr. Gangster Damsel is inside a nice prison, while the Power Blue are serve with dry seaweed with the red clip.

Hope all will do fine. :angel: Really love them all.

post-34-1118330901.jpg

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Here's the other 2 new babies.

The Longfin Bannerfish was quite bitten by the Power Blue initially till I separate them. Now he have fully recovered and looks real handsome again.

Hope that new bird dun bully him. Fortunately, so far so good. And yellow tang is eating well too. Especially that Red starfish, which I really hate but protected by my child & wife. See, stack so high also can reach. It will finish any Algae around, esp those dry seaweed, and it move real fast. So have to always serve in two bundles. While it eat one, and the tang can enjoy the other.

post-34-1118331387.jpg

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Well, looks like the Longfin Bannerfish will be staying in the sump for quite some time until he really pass the mushroom test, which should be conducted after the Yellow tang has well adapted and removed.

BTW, not too sure why, but those coraline algae are everywhere. Check out the Prizm skimmer inlet.

post-34-1118331671.jpg

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

• SRC Member

Nice coralline growth !

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• 3 months later...

I was really worried about this fellow when it was bought home. The whole body was covered with white spots. Thought he will not last. So, kept feeding Garlic dipped seaweed and pallets. Now his skin is silky smooth. Or, did he find some SKII formula?

post-34-1128710042.jpg

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Just a close up on that mushroom. Didn't buy it, but it just appeared by itself and grow until like that...??? :shock:

post-34-1128710178.jpg

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller