hw to callibrate chiller

nicken

• SRC Member

hi guys,

just wondering, hw to callibrate the chiller? set it to -03 or -02 or -01 ?

i set the temp 26 deg,the chiller themoset show 27 and my tank temp is 27.5 , the chiller kick in. is this normal? find that it runs quite a couple of time an hr.

i'm having a 3 footer with sump, using sicce extrema pump .I think this chiller should b able to take my tank vol of water.

cheers

• SRC Member

u set the -01 or watever value according to the difference betw tank temp and chiller display

for eg...if tank temp is 29 but chiller displays 30...u make up for this error by setting it to -01 if i remember correctly

its stated in the menu how to set the correct number

the -01 or watever has no effect on the temp u set.

if u set temp at 26...once display on chiller reads 28, it'll kick in

• SRC Member

nope it does not, have to callibrate it to -1

my tank temp is between 27 to 27.5.

same here. i set it to -1.

However, when my chiller kicks in and cool the water, after awhile, the thermostat on the chiller shows to the preset temp(26)

But my tank shows 27. Nvm, the chiller kicks in again, a short while later, thermostat shows 26 again, but tank still 27. the cycle contiunes.

After a day, tank shows 28, but chiller still shows 26.

What could be the problem?

• SRC Member
its normal when your tank temp shows 28 but chiller shows 26.

that is wat the callibration is for.

as long as you have the temp you want for tank, can liaoz.

;)

no, thats what i get after i set the CA.

Chiller refuses to bring the water temp to the desirable temp.

• SRC Member
how big ur tank? and where u place ur themometer?

my tank is 4 X 2 X 2 with a sump, so roughly abt, 5 X 2 X 2 in total or slightly more.

My thermometer is placed in the main tank. Near bottom, gotta measure the temp of the water to the deepest, since cold water sinks and hot water rises.

too bad, chiller shows 26, but thermometer shows 28. No matter how much the chiller kicks in, and 'bluffs' itself that the water is 26, my thermometer still shows 28.

Abit funny right?

The temp on the chiller is reading the temp from the water in the heat exchanger, not the tank temp. The higer reading on the tank is most likley correct. You will need to find a set temp on the chiller which will allow it to run to drop the temp significantly of the tank.

For example my chiller is set to switch on at 28 and off at 24, this gives a true tank temp of approx 27 +/- 1 degree If i set the temp at 27 it would run on and off for short periods. The flow rate to the chiller is also having a significant influence. Too slow and the water in the heat exchanger cools too fast and the chiller switches off, too fast and not enough heat exchange takes place and the chiller just runs extended periods.

• SRC Member

for me...me digi thermo is about 0.5degrees higher than the chiller temp...this is normal cos by the time the water gets sent to the tank and is mixed with the rest of the tank water...it would haf gained heat and heated up

if chiller kicking in too often is yr problem...then yr flowrate is too high

and use teh CA function to get the chiller reading as close as possible to the thermo reading

• SRC Member
for me...me digi thermo is about 0.5degrees higher than the chiller temp...this is normal cos by the time the water gets sent to the tank and is mixed with the rest of the tank water...it would haf gained heat and heated up

if chiller kicking in too often is yr problem...then yr flowrate is too high

and use teh CA function to get the chiller reading as close as possible to the thermo reading

can't be! ;)

I tried to reduce the flow rate, the chiller kick in even more often.

• 5 months later...
  • SRC Member
hi all i still dun know how to adjust the temp for the CL 650.

any one teach me? thanks a lot.

wat does CA 0,-1 mean??

CA mean CAlibration in short

-1 means that your temp probe is program to read 1 degreee lesser.

• SRC Member

CA mean CAlibration in short

-1 means that your temp probe is program to read 1 degreee lesser.

thanks for the reply

hmm let say my tank temp is 30 and my chiller read 30.

if i set to 27, i will kick start and cool till the tank is 27 then stop. and kick again when my temp is 30 rite??

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

thanks for the reply

hmm let say my tank temp is 30 and my chiller read 30.

if i set to 27, i will kick start and cool till the tank is 27 then stop. and kick again when my temp is 30 rite??

If not wrong it should kick in at 29, the default differential is 2 degree (if not wrong)

yup thc is right. Although the manual state temperature precison control @ 1C, the chiller will kick in when the temp is 2C higher than the chiller setting (assuming both the hiller and tank temp are the same).

Example: Set 26C => Chiller temp control 26C - 28C

Here is the manual (from kind reefer clownfish) :thanks: again

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...=chiller+manual