Cleaner clam ?

joeyttk

• SRC Member

Got 4-5 pcs in my tank give by friend where collected from outside s,pore water.

They will buried itself into the sandbed after few hour, dont whether it will help to clean the sandbed or not, just put in for fun.

The colour of the shell is different from market clam as it is pure white and market is golden brown in colour.

• SRC Member
interesting :)

know where can I get them in Singapore ? I saw some in the seafood restaurant in HK but not so sure if I can find them in the wet market here

you can get fresh ones from the seafood retail shop opposite eAquaNature.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

I thought all clams take nitrate regardless what type of clams basically they take nutrient from the water. The only thing to take note is your calcium level becasue clams suck calcium pretty fast ...... if yor calcium drops -- your ph will drop and all your livestock will go up to heaven.

• SRC Member

in SG, we call them "la la" right, fried with chilli at hawker centre one.

East coast have leh..., you see those rocks on shore during low tide, over turn them. some more have trochus snail. i caught a few and it got rid of me algae issue. they eat and work 10X faster than those torbo's you get at LFS.

Got a buddy who pick up a la la at the size of 4 inch diameter and 2 inch thick. No joke. still inside the main tank

• SRC Member

hi ...

just went down to ML this afternoon ... but can't find any abalone there .. guess it have been sold out... but manage to get a few live clam (lala) i think yesterday... but haven throw into the tank yet ...

so is it safe for the tank ????

:angel:

cheers

:D

post-53-1107691029.jpg